The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about upcoming Wukong/ammo nerfs

(PSN)ToXicChaoS87

As an ex Wukong main, having played almost exclusively the first few hundred hours of my playtime with him. I am somewhat baffled at this nerf decision. He's in my opinion the best generalist frame in the game while not exceling anywhere where more optimised frame builds shine. As i progressed and  got more frames i dont play him nearly as often as bevor. But still love him for going through some Mission types fast because of Cloudwalker. Bullet jumping through grineer tileset gives me the same feeling Gandalf had stumpling into Bag End... hitting walls and ceilings every 0.1 miliseconds.

The bad Ai without update to check LoS will just empty ammo on walls is also a valid point against it imo. Also because I am playing for the power fantasy of being a space ninja so i hack and slash my way through the game most of the time. And yes Wukong is a super fun with melee too.

And does this really adress AFKing, when considering everyone can watch a yt video on a tool of their desire to make scripts/makros to go AFK with any Frame or Weapon with AOE Kill potential. Not even counting in those that just stand around at start in pup missons doin nothing. Altough i cant remember seeing even one afk player in my total game time.

Also this: 

Am 1.9.2022 um 00:09 schrieb (NSW)BalticBarbarian:

Not sure how well the whole set of changes was thought through. The "problematic" Wukong scenario they showed seemed like a rather contrived example from a survival mission - and I'd argue it highlights more the design issues with Survival missions than those with the Twin. In the less passive endless missions (Interception or Disruption, even Excavation), doing this would just get the mission failed.

Considering this how does nerfing Wukong fix anything? Because the next best thing will just take his place and be abused.

As long as there a "grindy" games people will optimize the fun out off it to cut time grinding. As those standard mission types are boring after being forced to do them repeatedly. Cant blame people for making it more bearable. 

I get that its a Horde Loot Shooter, but looking at WF biggest competitor D2 also a scify looty shooty they have much more enemes that u actually have to engage with tactics and right gear. Yes i know there VA, Eidolons and Necremechs. But the Factions imo need enemy types where u have to hit weak points or counter some mechanics. And not just giving everything cc, what especialy feels bad as a melee enthusiast without having access to PSF yet.

So rather then nerfing a single frame thats only top played because he can do every mission type in good shape and being wonderful for new players to progress into endgame and farm all the other things they want. Make the game more engaging. The AOE-Explosiv Meta is boring anyway and PSF makes it braindead.

Archived