Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Damage 2.0 Is Increasing Longevity In A Way That Wasn't Predicted

Cwierz

With the inclusion of combined elemental builds, rainbow builds will become obselete, and armor piercing will no longer be a pre-requisite. What hasn't been considered by many players is that you no longer have to put more elementals to stack damage to power through armor. This means that you have more mod slots to add previously unused mods. 

With the rollout of damage 2.0 I know I will be putting tons of new mods onto my weapons. Namely shred, silencers, and reload reductions.

What will you do with your new mod slots, and how do you think this will effect the balance?

Silencers won't have much use as long as there's no real benefice from doing stealth (they did say they will do something about it of course).

For the rest however, yeah, many people will feel less the need of stacking damage only for that single purpose, which is a good thing since it will allow more exploration in builds that will be pretty much as effective as damage builds in high level.

I've pretty much been doing that already with many of my weapons; I often use Shred just for the extra firing rate and lovely puncture; I like using Steady Hands on my Brakk to kill even high enemies relatively well at medium-long range, by being able to empty the entire clip fast on them; I love using both reload speed mods on my Dual Vastos just for more badass, continuous gunslinger madness.

I think one of the first thing I'll try when it hits is the Ignis' innate Heat damage (if logic goes, it should do Heat damage). Would putting a Cryo Rounds make it into a Blast-damage flamethrower, meaning I'll constantly stun-lock enemies in a 20m cone? What if I put Stormbringer to create Radiation?

Ya I'm excited for it, but also preparing to face a dreadful lot of bugs/balance issues from its initial release XD

With the inclusion of combined elemental builds, rainbow builds will become obselete, and armor piercing will no longer be a pre-requisite. What hasn't been considered by many players is that you no longer have to put more elementals to stack damage to power through armor. This means that you have more mod slots to add previously unused mods. 

With the rollout of damage 2.0 I know I will be putting tons of new mods onto my weapons. Namely shred, silencers, and reload reductions.

What will you do with your new mod slots, and how do you think this will effect the balance?

That is certainly one of the intended, and stated effects of Damage 2.0.

DE specifically said they want to make it so there's no longer one dominant build, which means there will instead be other viable options besides stacking rainbow.

I'm excited to see what else we get to fill those slots. Otherwise...it's fire rate/clip/hush/reload...

You know nothing of what damage 2.0 holds.

Anything we say, even this, is all speculation. But I can sure as hell tell you that a silencer will still be just as useless as it is now.

1. We do know, a spreadsheet was released on a livestream

2. Silencers are useful, if you manage to get in a room undetected even while the ship is unalerted or alerted room or are invisible you can freely take out enemies without alerting anybody, therfor reducing the clusterfuck in survival/regular modes.

Edited by Cwierz

2. Silencers are not useful

That's what The_Master_Race just said; he said they will remain useless. XD

Oh also, Survival makes all enemies automatically "alerted," so stealth only applies to exterminate, capture, rescue, spy/deception, sabotage (and for half the mission, Mobile Defense).

Edited by Casardis

Then what was the point of your post? I hope all your 1900+ posts aren't simply hollow sarcasm.

Most are.

EDIT: ninja'd

OT, however. Given the new Codex and the bonuses for stealthing while sampling, there could be a use for Silencer mods. Maybe...if we hope really hard...and wear our tinfoil hats.

Edited by honeybadger

^ this device to gathering info from mobs is part of the gear. which means mods like hush have no use for it. and do you know the best way to make mission in stealth?

yeah right - to kill all mobs before they raise the alarm. and in case of infested just to keep distance.

Jesus H. Christ silencer mods on weapons....

Edited by Althix