Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat bug: No online player found with alias

Mixnek

Trying to message someone typing w/ results in an error "No online player found with alias", sometimes accompanied by "Cannot sync to Warframe due to no internet connection."

Opening someones profile ingame and clicking on Send message results in "Player is offline...". Right clicking on his name in the chat tab gives just limited options.

Closing his profile and sending the message again results in a successful action. 

@[DE]Momaw

When trying to message the user I got the below errors, after he messaged me, a new chat window (still the same user) opened and we were able to chat. I submitted my logs on Wednesday already and today again: ID #2927092

I get lots of messages on WFM saying they can't reach me and vice versa. 

Warframe-Screenshot-2022-09-16-16-10-46-

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-16 at 8:27 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

We're working on the problem.  For now, it looks like as a workaround if you open your chat from the chat line it works more reliably. Like this:

/w PersonName Hi there!

The chat bug was not completely fixed in the recent patch. Today this happened:

Warframe-Screenshot-2022-10-01-00-57-41-

I submitted new logs in the same report.

• 1 month later...

My support ticket regarding this got closed, but the bug wasn't fixed yet FYI @[DE]Momaw

Trying to message someone via /w can still result in "no online player found with alias" same as players supposedly being offline when trying to message them via their profile.

Did you get the right info from the logs I submitted to determine the cause?

• 3 months later...

Archived