Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposal: What if Veilbreaker missions had Grineer-themed variants of warframes as a reward?

Brinstar7777

Here's a unique idea to really encourage players to try out the Veilbreaker missions Kahl offers. What if these missions offered parts for Grineer-made variants of select existing Warframes as a reward? 

What makes these Grineer-made warframes unique? Each one has a retooled skillset that, while being similar to the original warframe, also puts a unique grineer-themed spin on the Warframe's abilities and Playstyle.

Here's an example:

Excalibur Graxx

Spoiler

Stats: 

Health: 150 (450 at rank 30)

Shields: 50 (150 at rank 30)

Armor: 300

Energy: 100 (150 ar rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Passive: Excalibur Graxx has an Exalted Weapon in the form of a Machete similar to Kahl's. Unlike the Exalted Blade, this machete is an equipable weapon that operates much like Garuda's Claws in that it is equipped if no other melee weapons are. 

Ability 1: Parazon Hook

Drag your enemies in with Excalibur Graxx's parazon, and then slice them to pieces with his Machete

Rather than dashing towards an enemy, Excalibur Graxx hooks them with his parazon, flinging them at high velocity towards himself before slashing them with his Machete. 

Ability 2: Strength to my Brothers

Let out a rallying battle cry that momentarily staggers enemies within the AoE and bolsters the resolve of allies.

Excalibur Graxx lets loose with a rallying cry that staggers enemies for a second and provides a massive buff to the damage output of Excalibur Graxx, summons, allies, and fellow warframes within its AoE.

Ability 3: Fragmentation Grenade

Toss a grenade that explodes into flame and sends shards of shrapnel out in a wide radius around it, impaling and staggering enemies.

Instead of centering the effect on himself, Excalibur Graxx channels it into an explosive that he then throws. The explosive detonates upon impact, causing Fire damage and launching flaming shards of shrapnel at targets within the area. Each shard inflicts Puncture damage and Fire damage with a guaranteed Fire proc. and staggers affected enemies.

Ability 4: Flaming Machete

Charge Excalibur Graxx's Machete with flame, turning it into a weapon of immense power.

Excalibur Graxx infuses his Machete with flaming energy, drawing it if it's not his equipped melee weapon. Its normal attacks do significantly more damage in addition to having a guaranteed fire proc. for the duration, in addition to flinging out waves of flame that have the same traits as the normal melee attacks as well as to possessing inherent punch through. 

Thing is: other than the Tenno, almost nobody can replicate Warframe technology. Even Alad V has attempted multiple times, but all he got was confusion and the Zanuka (which operates on just Corpus technology, none of the fleshy parts even come into play). The only character, that we know of, who's succeeded was Erra, and he... Well, we don't know if it's really him anymore.

That's what TennoGen is for, though it seems that Faven has no interest & the new Kuvael line is picking up the slack. Admittedly, I have wanted DE to release a Grineer counterpart to Protea to even things out & provide more lore on the Twin Queens. The Worm Queen is just sorta there at the moment, gathering Kuva in an "attempt" to resurrect her sister, but nothing beyond that. If there were any new rewards to go around, I'd be in favor of weapon skins, particularly Vaykor skins to help establish a connection between Kahl & Steel Meridian. Changing up existing Warframe toolkits takes way too much work, won't be worth the effort & will never cross the minds of the developers.

3 hours ago, BatVenomPL said:

Thing is: other than the Tenno, almost nobody can replicate Warframe technology. Even Alad V has attempted multiple times, but all he got was confusion and the Zanuka (which operates on just Corpus technology, none of the fleshy parts even come into play). The only character, that we know of, who's succeeded was Erra, and he... Well, we don't know if it's really him anymore.

Perhaps that's how Kal's Garrison got their hand on the Warframe parts in the first place; they're parts from Grineer prisoners that the Narmers tried and failed to turn into warframes. Kahl can't bring these unfortunates back to life, but he can ensure their sacrifice wasn't for nothing by giving them to the Tenno, and by extension giving the tenno another weapon to use in their war against Narmer.

3 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

That's what TennoGen is for, though it seems that Faven has no interest & the new Kuvael line is picking up the slack. Admittedly, I have wanted DE to release a Grineer counterpart to Protea to even things out & provide more lore on the Twin Queens. The Worm Queen is just sorta there at the moment, gathering Kuva in an "attempt" to resurrect her sister, but nothing beyond that. If there were any new rewards to go around, I'd be in favor of weapon skins, particularly Vaykor skins to help establish a connection between Kahl & Steel Meridian. Changing up existing Warframe toolkits takes way too much work, won't be worth the effort & will never cross the minds of the developers.

Tennogen appears wholly dedicated to cosmetics, as far as I can tell. Basically, I want Faction-based warframes that aren't just reskins of the original and play differently from other Warframes.

2 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Tennogen appears wholly dedicated to cosmetics, as far as I can tell. Basically, I want Faction-based warframes that aren't just reskins of the original and play differently from other Warframes.

Don't get your hopes up anytime soon. Warframe variants tend to have minor alterations to their appearance & abilities, with no deviations beyond that. It keeps things simple enough for DE to make changes all across the board, from basic 'Frames to Umbra(s?) & Primes. The closest you'll ever get to sort of fulfilling your wish is through Helminth, and that comes with its own set of restrictions that I wish DE addressed in the future.

Archived