Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos fishing not accessible entirely. Issues of spawn and bait not working. Both Ebisu and Spari spears no longer catch fish underneath exocrine surfaces.

Grey_Wolf_Chief

Hi I've recently been fish farming on Deimos and I have discovered the spears both Ebisu and Spari aren't working to what they are supposed to do. Any fish that is underneath exocrine surfaces the spears do not catch the fish at all, they go right through them and this results to catching less fish. I can still catch them above exocrine surfaces. I also noticed the baits aren't working either. When I drop one of any kind whether I am in a cave or outdoors the fish all of sudden stop spawning and any fish that can spawn from a particular bait do not spawn for me. Is anybody else having issues relating to any of this? Let me know after you have tried it for yourself.

Hi! From my Deimos fishing experience I've found that a lot of fish spawn not under the exocrine surface, but under the ground itself. This is the reason why you might not be able to catch it. If you want to test if the fish is underground or not, look at it and if the name appears, you are good to go and catch it. 

As for the baits, they are not that effective, like they are in Plains or Orb, but the fish still spawn, even if it is a lot less than normal. Anyway, it's just a pain to fish on Deimos.

My tactic is to equip Oxylus sentinel with the Scan Aquatic Lifeforms mod, put bait in multiple locations and walk between them in hope for a fish to spawn. This is the way I have been fishing on Deimos for everything I've needed.

But indeed, DE should patch the underground spawning and maybe just increase the chances of spawn in general for the fish.

honestly, i dont even fish on deimos anymore. i did it once to get the stuff that was needed to progress, but almost all of my fish materials i used after that came from arcane vaults or the boxes you suck up when doing xaku plastid farming.

10 hours ago, Grey_Wolf_Chief said:

Any fish that is underneath exocrine surfaces the spears do not catch the fish at all

Actually, there is a bug regarding fishing under the exocrine right now. Fishing fish under the exocrine is currently impossible since the infested spears don't pierce the surface anymore. There are quite a few bug reports on the forum and I can confirm the issue. I can't confirm the bait problem but it seems there are bug reports regarding this as well.

I think DE should be aware of the issue and I'd expect a fix for the next patch.

• 2 months later...

I'm agree with it, i've been trying to farm some fish and it doesnt spawn. Easily u can see 1 fish each 3 min or more, and they use to spawn underground. I 've to farm many resources that i'm literally unable to farm because this bugs. And it's happening since a long time ago

Archived