The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Player In Need Of Warframe Friends.

(PSN)mk12_delta

Hello everyone.

I finally got my PS4 from amazon yesterday and spent most of the night stumbling my way through mercury and trying to figure out what i should be building toward.

Spent some of my plat on a few warframe slots, bought a braton.  Started to get frustrated when I sat for 30 minutes waiting for someone to figure out basic mechanics trying to get to captain Von extraction after I died.

Looking for some decent players to wreck through the solar system with!  Add me:  mk12_delta

Hi and grats on your new PS4.

Just have to learn to have some patience with certain folks.  Take me, for instance.  I don't come from a background of shooters.  I played a version of CoD once...I died.

Repeatedly.

In the tutorial.  

Some have ice water in their veins, I have molasses. ;)

That's not to say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I'm learning...slowly.  And while I don't have a lot of shooter rep, I do have a fair amount of MMO cred and that makes me an asset as a team player.  So have patience with some of us who haven't had a lot of experience with shooters. We'll come around eventually. 

Hi and grats on your new PS4.

Just have to learn to have some patience with certain folks.  Take me, for instance.  I don't come from a background of shooters.  I played a version of CoD once...I died.

Repeatedly.

In the tutorial.  

Some have ice water in their veins, I have molasses. ;)

That's not to say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I'm learning...slowly.  And while I don't have a lot of shooter rep, I do have a fair amount of MMO cred and that makes me an asset as a team player.  So have patience with some of us who haven't had a lot of experience with shooters. We'll come around eventually. 

I'm in the same boat my friend.

I've never been able to compete in shooters on console.  I spent my teenage years on counterstrike 1.3 and was out of my FPS phase by the time COD rolled around so I never built up the console FPS skills and just constantly get destroyed when I tried playing BF4 last night.(I'd probably still get destroyed with mouse/keyboard.....my eyes just aren't good enough to pick out that guy 100 yards away with all these effects and pretty S#&$ in my face.

BUT, Borderlands 1/2 were my favorite shooter games from last gen so warframe fits like a glove.  I just never bothered to add any PSN friends on PS3 because I only had it for the last 6 months and spent what time I did have to play catching up on single player exclusives so my "what's new" is awful lonely lol.

The problem is that today Damage 2.0 is comming out and unless it's not applying for PS4 any time soon, we will have to figure out again which weapons are fine and which aren't.

Damage 2.0 gives a total overhaul to all weapons and weapon damage types, just so you know.

However with the regular Braton you allready have a great gun, i hope you didn't sold the Braton MK1 away without having leveled it to 30 for mastery points. Otherwise you will have to come back to it one day and it's a PAIN.

As for other weapons. After leveling the Skana to 30 i would suggest getting a Dual Ether or Fangs. I doubt they will lose much of their effectivity after Damage 2.0. If you want a heavy weapon, any of the ones are good. But keep using charge attack. Come to think of it. Prefer using charge attacks in general.

Don't bother with Longswords they are simply not fit enough for the game.

For secondary, currently the Kunai and throwing stars are the most usefull, but again Damage 2.0 might throw that into a blender.

That's the basics, if you have these weapons fully leveled you have a great basis to expand your arsenal if you want to.

As for Warframes the Rhino is a great allround balanced frame currently. Iron Skin gives you a second health bar and you become immune against all the annoying effects. Roar helps yourself and your team mates. Rush is like Excal's Sword Dash a solid basic attack. Stomp is a good room clearer early on and stays usefull later on by stunning enemies for some time. You get his parts from Jackal at Venus. However he is mastery locked so it might still take some time to get him.

Everything else is kind of up to your taste.

That said you should check out the Player helping Players forum. And please direct any other PS4 player seeking aid there as well.

As we can't track you down and post in the PS4 feedback area (us PC players are block there), Players Helping Players is THE place to go for advice from the old guard.

Further, even though you can't post in the PC feedback section I'd keep half an eye on it to see what will be coming your way in the future. Because DE can patch us fast we will be getting updates pushed more frequently as they test stuff on us first. Once we break it and they fix it, they'll being it to you and we will have....

"Jolly Cooperation" for a time.

Great advice @Othergrunty.  Rhino is definitely on my short list, along with Trinity.  Figured those will scratch the itch for both tank and healer.

I'm still on Mercury as well, been mostly researching and trying my best to get some of the combo moves down before I get into matches and wind up being dead weight for the rest of the group.

The problem is that today Damage 2.0 is comming out and unless it's not applying for PS4 any time soon, we will have to figure out again which weapons are fine and which aren't.

Damage 2.0 gives a total overhaul to all weapons and weapon damage types, just so you know.

However with the regular Braton you allready have a great gun, i hope you didn't sold the Braton MK1 away without having leveled it to 30 for mastery points. Otherwise you will have to come back to it one day and it's a PAIN.

As for other weapons. After leveling the Skana to 30 i would suggest getting a Dual Ether or Fangs. I doubt they will lose much of their effectivity after Damage 2.0. If you want a heavy weapon, any of the ones are good. But keep using charge attack. Come to think of it. Prefer using charge attacks in general.

Don't bother with Longswords they are simply not fit enough for the game.

For secondary, currently the Kunai and throwing stars are the most usefull, but again Damage 2.0 might throw that into a blender.

That's the basics, if you have these weapons fully leveled you have a great basis to expand your arsenal if you want to.

As for Warframes the Rhino is a great allround balanced frame currently. Iron Skin gives you a second health bar and you become immune against all the annoying effects. Roar helps yourself and your team mates. Rush is like Excal's Sword Dash a solid basic attack. Stomp is a good room clearer early on and stays usefull later on by stunning enemies for some time. You get his parts from Jackal at Venus. However he is mastery locked so it might still take some time to get him.

Everything else is kind of up to your taste.

not applying to ps4 since they're on U8 not U10

not applying to ps4 since they're on U8 not U10

PS4 is on update 10, just an earlier version of update 10. The PC version is also on update 10, but it's on 10.8 instead of 10.0.

Anyways, since I enjoy the game too much, I don't wanna just wait however long for the PC account transfer to play the PS4 version. So I've been playing a good  amount so far, but i'm not getting too attached cuz I know I will be migrating my PC account at some point. But i'm happy to help the new players and the topic creator if you'd like. PSN account - BiggCMan, same inside of Warframe.