Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Hallowed Ground - Deceptive visual effects

Tiltskillet

Oberon's Hallowed Ground has issues affecting targets at sometimes even slight elevation changes above or below Oberon himself when he casts it.  I'd really, really like this changed so that the AoE was much more 3 dimensional.  But that's getting into frame feedback rather than bug reporting.

As far as bugs go, what makes it worse is that the visual effect often seems to indicate its affecting an area that it isn't.

Just to describe what's happening here...I'm casting HG from under the ramp.  There is a green overlay on top of the platform, but HG is definitely not affecting targets there.  This is shown by the lack of status effects and damage popups, and then proven when I cast 214% ability strength Reckoning:  none of the targets have their armor stripped, despite the ability description in the Arsenal saying it should be good for "106%" armor reduction.  Once I cast HG on the platform itself and cast Reckoning, everything works as it should.

In the test, the difference between the effect on the platform and on the ground is fairly obvious:  it's foliage at the lower level and green smudges up higher.  But moving at a fast pace in an actual mission,  it's not so easy to make the distinction.  And, while I don't have any video of it, I do think there are times in missions where the elevation difference is slighter than here and it's even harder to tell where HG is and isn't in effect.

It would be great if this could be changed so that the ability gave better visual feedback to the player.   One way would be to remove the smudging effect.  But I'll just say again, another way that seems relatively simple would be to give HG itself better height.   A whole lotta height would be wonderful, but even just the 3m or so shown in the video would be a great improvement.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about this again because Oberon / HG improvements were brought up in another thread, and I recorded an even better example of the often deceptive visuals.

Here you can see the HG buff icon disappear on the upper part of the ramp even though Oberon appear to still be standing in foliage, and not just the green patches that are further up.

Archived