The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Punch Through Mods do not function on most Projectile weapons

(PSN)instaplayer123

Title mostly explains everything. Punch through mods currently don't affect most projectile weapons. Most.
From observation any projectile weapon without an innate punch through stat is affected by this bug, while arrow-likes gain a completely different behavior altogether

I have tested several projectile weapons and got the following results:

• Alternox: Infinite Body Punch through functions as normal, terrain punch through is bugged
  • Basmu: Bugged
  • Boltor Prime/Rakta Cernos/Nagantaka Prime: Functions, however punching through an enemy dramatically reduces projectile speed and causes the shot to fall on the ground shortly after
  • Javlok: Bugged
  • Mutalist Cernos: Functions, however punching through an enemy dramatically reduces projectile speed, but for some reason it keeps the same projectile flight path?
  • Nataruk: Quickshot acts like formerly mentioned Arrow-likes, Full-Charge and Perfect-Shot were difficult to measure but seem to follow the Arrow-like example aswell
  • Panthera Prime: Bugged. Even the alt-fire saw beam
  • Phenmor: Functions as normal
  • Scourge Prime: Bugged
  • Sporothrix: Bugged
  • Stahlta: Functions as normal
  • Trumna: Primary FIre Functions as normal. Alt-fire is bugged (please let it stay that way)
  • Zhuge Prime: Bugged
  • Kuva Chakkhurr: Bugged
  • Tenet Tetra: Primary Fire Functions as normal. Alt-fire is bugged (please let it stay that way)

While I can't be for sure, this bug probably stems from the recent speargun changes, as their thrown versions have also been changed to not have any punch through

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Phenmor functions weird for me. Projectiles don't punch through Grineer Shield Lancer shields.

Yeah after some more testing the case of the phenmor seems peculiar...
The incarnon mode can go through them just fine but normal mode cannot...
Despite that the normal mode still gains body punch through which is a whole another plate of code spaghetti

45 minutes ago, (PSN)instaplayer123 said:

Title mostly explains everything. Punch through mods currently don't affect most projectile weapons. Most.
From observation any projectile weapon without an innate punch through stat is affected by this bug, while arrow-likes gain a completely different behavior altogether

I have tested several projectile weapons and got the following results:

• Alternox: Infinite Body Punch through functions as normal, terrain punch through is bugged
  • Basmu: Bugged
  • Boltor Prime/Rakta Cernos/Nagantaka Prime: Functions, however punching through an enemy dramatically reduces projectile speed and causes the shot to fall on the ground shortly after
  • Javlok: Bugged
  • Mutalist Cernos: Functions, however punching through an enemy dramatically reduces projectile speed, but for some reason it keeps the same projectile flight path?
  • Nataruk: Quickshot acts like formerly mentioned Arrow-likes, Full-Charge and Perfect-Shot were difficult to measure but seem to follow the Arrow-like example aswell
  • Panthera Prime: Bugged. Even the alt-fire saw beam
  • Phenmor: Functions as normal
  • Scourge Prime: Bugged
  • Sporothrix: Bugged
  • Stahlta: Functions as normal
  • Trumna: Primary FIre Functions as normal. Alt-fire is bugged (please let it stay that way)
  • Zhuge Prime: Bugged
  • Kuva Chakkhurr: Bugged
  • Tenet Tetra: Primary Fire Functions as normal. Alt-fire is bugged (please let it stay that way)

While I can't be for sure, this bug probably stems from the recent speargun changes, as their thrown versions have also been changed to not have any punch through

Most of these are the result of a recent undocumented change to the way weapons with radial damage components interact with PT.  Most of them now cease to penetrate at all regardless of whether there is modded PT or not. 

Boltor Prime/Rakta Cernos/Nagantaka Prime: Functions, however punching through an enemy dramatically reduces projectile speed and causes the shot to fall on the ground shortly after

Projectile weapons have always seemed to lose a little velocity after punching through targets, but this sounds way more intense.  I'm not having a problem punching through 3 heavy gunners and hitting a 4th in the Sim with Nagantaka Prime or Boltor Prime.  Can you give more details to how and where you tested these?

Archived