Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add disruptionstyle reward rotations to other endless modes aswell

iHaku

When DE introduced disruption, it seemed to me as tho they wanted to try out a new reward structure for endless modes, that reward how well you've actually done instead of only accounting for winning or losing, aswell as reward staying in the mission longer by literally just repeating the 4th rotation settings endlessly and thereby pushing out rotation "A" entirely. Remember that Arbitration uses a very similar rewardstructure aswell.

for those unaware of how disruption rewards work, the wiki has a nice overview graphic here

In my humble oppinion, this reward structure is a vast improvement over the classic AABC->AABC->AABC... for reasons i just outlined. staying longer aswell as performance are accounted for.

Now, it stands to reason as to why this structure isnt being adapted for other endless mission types when it wouldnt be too difficult to do so.

A few examples: Interception could switch "conduits destroyed" with "enemy signal strength", determining the reward pool based off of how much % the enemy faction managed to claim instead of conduits destroyed. some spitball numbers : 0-10% | 11-25% | 26-50% | 51-100%

survival could simply use the "air meter" as an indicator. keep it above 80~90% and you get the best reward pool for your current rotation. Defense would likely take the defense targets health+shields into account, while extraction would count destroyed excavators? Not sure how infested salvage and defection would work, but i bet most people dont even remember that those endless missions even exist. There are also the new void endless missions, which would work too.

Regardless it seems as tho DE tried out this new structure and then kind of forgot to implement it into other endless mission types. Maybe they thought it would be too rewarding, but that's nonsense considering that disruption is one of the, if not the fastest endless mission type with a good team (baring defense maybe, if you instakill enemies on spawn)

To me it always seemed odd that there is so little incentive to actually stay longer in missions, especially if you're new undergeared. Atleast rotation A should be removed entirely after rotation 4

in principle i agree, but Disruption does do some weird things where it's possible that performing better according to the Gamemode is actually undesirable for your Mission Rewards.
that's uh, counterintuitive. 

if it was instead you'd get options for performing better or something, then you'd always be encouraged to be doing better rather than intentionally failing.

39 minutes ago, taiiat said:

in principle i agree, but Disruption does do some weird things where it's possible that performing better according to the Gamemode is actually undesirable for your Mission Rewards.

i cant think of any disruption mission where that'd be the case, outside of maybe sedna because of the gauss parts. which is less of a problem with disruption and more of a problem with warframe pieces in all mission types not being removed after already owning them.

but even then, my suggestions allow you to game the reward rotation, just like in diusruption.

44 minutes ago, iHaku said:

i cant think of any disruption mission where that'd be the case

any of them and all of them, depending on if what you want most happens to end up that way. the most efficient ways in the game to get certain specific Rewards, is to intentionally fail some of the Disruption Conduits each round.

yep

here another example, i'm amongst the 5 Tenno that still play infested salvage (i find it fun, sue me =P)

A rotation drop Neo relic, B rotation drop Axi and C rotation drop Nidus, let's assume that DE allow us to trade the Nidus part for aya (just to make all rotation valuable).

if i'm hunting for axi and vaulted relics what you propose is a straight buff, but if i am after the neo relic then i would have to sabotage myself to get the rewards i want.

The only solutions i can see would be to:

a) fill the A rotation with "trash" rewards that noone would actively want to farm, but if you do that people will complain that the A rot is just trash

or

b) allow player to choose what reward they take based on their performance (you do a bad job you only get the A reward, do a good job and you get to choose between a A reward and a B one, and so on) but that imply to put the same time stoping reward screen that's used in endless rift mission everywhere.

Another lesser issue i could see is that considering the mindset of the average metawarrior that change would bring a flood of "DE is forcing us to play X to get the rewards we want" complains.

air supply on survival mission =  we are ""forced"" to use Nekros
cryopod health in defense = we are ""forced"" to use limbo
enemy progression on interception = what about the solo players DE ?!!?

I personally don't give a damn about the whining of the efficiency junkies, but DE can't really ignore them.

Finally when DE put a reward with a 10% drop chance in the C rotation it's not just by pure sadism, it is also playing in both the monetization and the update/game lifespan, if it's easier to reach the C rotation they may have to lower the drop rate of the main reward to compensate.

to be clear  I 100% agree that this change would be an improvement, but keep i mind that from the devs point of view it's a tiny bit more complicated issue than you may think it is.

1 hour ago, Ombretrone said:

a) fill the A rotation with "trash" rewards that noone would actively want to farm, but if you do that people will complain that the A rot is just trash

which it is. getting A rotation is almost exclusively worse, in some mission types its a straight up punishment for doing poorly (see rescue for example)

1 hour ago, Ombretrone said:

Finally when DE put a reward with a 10% drop chance in the C rotation it's not just by pure sadism, it is also playing in both the monetization and the update/game lifespan, if it's easier to reach the C rotation they may have to lower the drop rate of the main reward to compensate.

then they should just do that. expect people wanting to stay longer and lower it a bit accordingly. this would result in worse "short" mission rewards (ie 4 defensive waves) but eventually the reward quality would catch up, depending on the chance, and be better than right now. which is how it should be in my oppinion. reward staying longer to fight stronger enemies. (enemy scaling might need a closer look aswell...)

they also wouldnt need to roll that out across all mission types in one patch. just go from most to least popular.

Archived