Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo rooms unable to delete (Mby because of build order)

(PSN)haleprof

So i decided to remodel my dojo. I started deleteing rooms and building rooms to connect stuff so i could delete them. Turns out I cant delete if the room i built from still exists. While this is bad, it's not the only reason i'm submitting ticket and isnt why i do it as bug. Because it really isnt that simple. Turns out my Hall of Honor wants me to delete rooms that pass the first room in my dojo (Great Hall i think) but those rooms didn't and even couldn't have originated from the Hall of Honor. Please look at your deletion restriction or if you can explain the reason why this happens :

Very disappointed tho that i have to delete 20 rooms corridors for no apparent reason, when physically i need to delete only 3 more.

I would add videos, but I can't insert files from device so I will do that when I get to my computer, which may be a while. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)haleprof said:

Turns out I cant delete if the room i built from still exists.

Yeah. The 5 different basic “main” halls have dependency. For example you can’t delete tier 3 hall, if tier4 still stands. It sucks. I think it is possible to build a copy of the hall that is a prerequisite elsewhere in dojo. That way you will be able to delete what you need. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)haleprof said:

Nononono the room I can't delete is a large garden. Also now I'm trying to delete a cross corridor and can't delete that. Says it has child components, but I know it doesn't, I just deleted it and it doesn't show any child's on map. 

I have one idea. The room you are trying to delete may be set as a spawning location. If that's true. Setting a different room as a spawning location would fix that.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)haleprof said:

Also I successfully deleted Greater Hall whilst having Grand and Grandest hall built. 

Ah I see. Found it on wiki. The prerequisite tree for halls has been removed some time ago.

On 2022-10-23 at 11:20 PM, Cerikus said:

I have one idea. The room you are trying to delete may be set as a spawning location. 

It isn't. So far I've found two reasons one cannot destroy:

1) The child components haven't been destroyed or the dojo hasn't realised they have. This happened to me twice. I deleted room, put the PS to rest mode, come back, can't delete, eventhough no child's. Going out of the dojo and coming back fixes this. 

2) This is the main purpose of this thread. 

You cannot delete a room if any of the rooms you have built from the soon-to-be-deleted-room still exist. It doesn't matter if the child's would stay connected. doesn't matter even if they have 10 connection points. — this is what I request changing. If connectivity remains, you should be able to delete. (However I swear I saw a dojo today with disconnected rooms, and I cannot make sense of it, but i was visiting for trade so couldn't take pictures or anything) 

HOWEVER I've reported this as a bug, because while I am requesting a feature (that would also fix the bug). The logic of the second point does not work, as my Temple of Honor says it has child's going THROUGH the Clan Hall. I have an old Dojo (from 2017). My Clan Hall is where it was when the Clan was created and cannot be a child of something else, put it appears to be. 

My theory is now that maybe the child's are calculated from the spawn room after the update removing Classic Halls Prerequisitions. This way you could exploit it as well to make unconnected rooms. 

I was hesitant to change spawn room however cause I wasn't sure if the prerequisitevness of Classic Halls had been removed or they were both in the logic now and my spawn is in the Grandest Hall 

Will try it out now. And keep this thread updated. 

So changing the spawn room does change the "child components" meaning childs are calculated from the spawn room. 

I did not however have a place where I could set a spawn room and delete the nodes leading to it, as you can only set halls (both classical and theme) as spawn rooms. 

As the child's are calculated from spawn room, this "bug" is explained (and not a bug after all). 

I will still look into the unconnected possibilities, I still have an idea how to do it, but building takes time. If this thread is not closed I will post it here.(i hope I don't have to do it myself, I don't know how xd) 

Archived