Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Huras: Hunt Ability

AreeSoothsayer

I was just gonna test a build. I wanted to see if I could make damaging abilites Viable in the steel path. Afterall they cannot crit, so base damage is all they can do.

Hunt was a good choice. Single hit, multiple targets. Well in a mission, live mission. I was watching to see how many my pup could kill in a single charge.

NONE

Every enemy my pup hit got knocked down but took absolutely no damage. I had Maul, Shock Collar, Venom Teeth, Frost Jaw, & Flame Gland all installed.

This happened repeatedly on the Sortie Survival 10-29-22.

Spent an hour testing this... and something wierd happened.

Took the pup into the testing room. It wouldn't work like usual, against a heavy gunner. So I tried against some butchers.

The first charge against a single butcher and he bounced off the ceiling and landed on a platform on the edge of the map.

Then I tried ten... flying grineer on FULL health. However when damaged it acted almost normal. Then as I kept testing they suddenly started dying when the pup used Hunt.

I went to live maps. Worked fine.

So... trying to see what might and might not work.... the game ... fixed itself?

Underwent more testing. This time I managed to get 299% status proc. The hunt attack ONLY proc's impact damage. This may be why the damage is so much lower than normal attacks. Hunt simply is not affected by elemental mods.

Man... this are physical attacks. Normal attacks. Yet critical chance and damage isn't triggered by them, making them utterly useless.

Why?

9.6 critical multiplier and if you focus on getting a primary weapon modded to boost companion stats a Kubrow can get over 100% crit chance and status chance.

After testing the hunt ability I am going back to my Kubrow Bakemono. I stripped both skills from the pup and when normal attacks hit the Slash or Fire proc tears a level 150 Ambulus to shreds.

Hunt, nope.

Archived