Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Storm not rewarding Relic item after opening Relic

Fr34k2Pl4y

What happened:

Playing voidstorm Survival on Enkidu Ice Drift

Every player had 10/10 reactant collected

One player did not get the chance to choose a reward (his relic didnt open, eventhough he had 10/10 reactant)

Happened on 18.11.2022 and 19.11.2022 in 3 missions

as Host another player had this bug

as Client I had this bug myself

Just had the issue come up again.

You "keep" the 10/10 reactant for the next relic, which means immediately upon starting the next 5 mins Lotus tells you, that you opened the relic.

During the last mission it happened 2 times in a row after i already opened 2 relics (i had gotten rewards from those 2)

As it happens on every void storm mission i have entered so far i can also say, that it is reproducable.

If u keep ur 10 reactant as soon as the relic open countdown start this "bug" has happened.

Edited by Fr34k2Pl4y

i have the same issue on xbox . happened the last 2 days 19/11/22 and 20/11/22 . in there with a friend and it works fine for him but not me . we just pick a relic and 5 sec later it says 10/10 collected and relic dont crack and we get 1 reward choice and its not me 

Edited by (XBOX)Deadlyblasta

• 3 months later...

Yup same issue twice now for me too, just missed out on a gold drop I needed. On PS4. Only ever happens to me when I'm not host.

Edit: Something else I noticed is that the bug happens when I load into the mission late on PS4 that's always the case and the squad has already started collecting reactant. Any time I have to catch up, I can crack the first relic with them, but every subsequent relic I might as well not equip one at all.

Edited by (PSN)TheLastPillar
More info about the bug

• 1 month later...

Digging this thread back up since I had this happen a few days ago thinking it was just me but I just had it happen again.

Googling the net I found this thread

Which is old but I was also in my voidrig trying to level it for most of the time. So did not get to choose my reward but it did consume my relic.

Infact the first mentions of this are all the way back 2021........ Really....

• 4 weeks later...

We just had this happen 2-3 times in a row (we aren't sure the first time.) We had a full group in a Void Storm on Roche, Phobos (exterminate). Three of us were on PC, one guy on console.

First time, wasn't sure what happened, we were talking, thought maybe we forgot to make sure everyone had void traces. My son thought someone didn't get a reward. He thought was me, I thought was console guy with us.

Second time, I was one of the ones who got 10 traces, but didn't get to choose a reward. This also happened to console guy. We opened more relics just to see what happened for sure. I do have a SS, but it is just of a reward screen with no prime part or forma. I did choose a relic, did get 10 traces, chose a reward, and thought my name showed up under the rewards, my son thought mine was the one missing from rewards to chose. After mission, he was right, I had no reward.

Third time, we all posted in chat as we got 10. We all verified we had 10 void traces. We verified we had relics to open. Got to the reward screen, and the console guy couldn't choose a reward and his relic wasn't one we could choose, like he didn't choose a relic in the first place or didn't get enough traces. He verified he had chosen a relic, and left for the night.

Team was Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Hildryn, Mesa Prime. The console guy was Hildryn, PC for the primes.

This is not a voidrig issue. (I was there for those.) We were tearing though corpus with melee. We were speed running those missions (hence the embarrassed thought we had missed someone getting traces the first time.) No one was in their necramech; no one had time to get one out.

EDIT: What we don't know is if we lost our relics. I didn't look to see how many I had after the first one as we were opening relics we had >20 to verify the bug.

Edited by Xordaii

On 2022-11-19 at 11:59 AM, Fr34k2Pl4y said:

If u keep ur 10 reactant as soon as the relic open countdown start this "bug" has happened.

This isn't really the problem, as it has always been this way. If you open a relic in an endless mission, the GUI always shows 10/10 for the next relic UNTIL you pick up the next void trace for the next rotation. This by itself is simply lazy programming, they never put in a line of code to "zero" the variable that counts your void traces as soon as you choose a new relic.

What is new is people getting 10/10 each time and not opening a relic or getting a reward.

Edited by Xordaii

• 5 months later...

11 November 2023.  7:45ish pm EST.

Was doing Voidstorm Neo missions on Neptune earlier that day.  Mostly solo, no issues.  

Around 7pm, started getting pickup groups.  Players entering after gathering the first Void Trace caught up because we were clearing the Secondary Objectives for Nautilus and bonus drops (the cargo ship that breaks apart as you run through the chambers). 

The missions were Survival and Exterminate.  Survival, I stayed for 20 min helping two players, but I purposely chose to crack only one relic from the 0 to 5 min mark.  I saw they both had the option to choose relic rewards.  No reported issues.

Exterminate had the issue twice at around 7:45pm EST.  A squad of 4 formed, and I was second to join.  We had some Void Traces before the 4th joined.  All 4 players had 10 Void Traces well before the end of the Exterminate mission, but when returning to the railjack, only 3 players could choose rewards.  I was using Neo T7 Relics because I had 1 or more of everything, and was using the relic to farm Void Traces to make Radiant relics for a different day.  I was also farming for Sevagoth  

The bug was obviously 1 player didn't get to choose a reward, AND Gunsen Prime Handle from my relic dropped, and I didn't have it in the mission rewards screen after choosing Gunsen Prime Handle.  All three players chose my relic reward because it was the only Silver reward and the other two were Bronze.  I was happy about bonus Void Traces and another handle. There was a Bronze Reward from the third relic that I didn't have a copy of, but I chose to get another copy of Gunsen Prime Handle because I thought it was a gun and selling the extra part to Baro would be useful. 

All 4 players entered the same mission and I picked Neo T7 Relic Intact again.  We had 10 Void Traces, finished the Exterminate, and the bug happened again with only 3 players could choose a reward.  All 3 rewards were Bronze and we chose my relic for Harrow Prime Chassis Blueprint.  I checked Mission Progress and it listed the combined first and second mission rewards, Harrow was listed but the Silver Handle was not.  Figured it was a display glitch and checked my inventory on the Orbiter, but there was no Handle.  Checked in game mail for getting mailed to me,  but there is nothing there.  It's 8am EST on 12 November 2023, and this bug is over a year old......

I checked my relics to see if it wasn't consumed, but the relic was consumed.  Vaulted relic lost without a reward is a serious issue.  

Literally, just before doing these two Voidstorm Neptune Exterminate missions with my Neo T7 Relics Intact, I had sold my duplicate Prime weapon parts at Earth Relay for 500+ ducats.  So when the reward tells me I have 1 Silver Handle already and I choose a duplicate, and my inventory doesn't have ANY and checking the mission rewards after first mission AND checking after second mission, AND checking mail, AND checking Orbiter, I know this is a bug.  

• 3 months later...

so, i have a vid, sorry for it being about 30 mins, but i wanted to make sure that the moment that i gained the 10th trace was part of it. did not exit my necromech during the mission, crossplay might have been the issue as well, as i've only played with pc in void storm missions. other people see me staying at 10 and not being able to qualify for opening the relic. (Disfusional's stream) first relic equiped was fine. (hence why i think might be related to the necromech as the start i would start with my frame).