Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack could be great!

ShadowFire6700

Hello,

I almost enjoyed Railjack when it came out, but i really started liking it when the 'Tempestarii' update released, but i also saw some untapped potential so i hope this post allows me to get these ideas out of MY brain and into someone who could actually do something with it.

First off the side missions during Railjack are something i hope they will expand upon, some examples:

-a communication station that you can break into and either Reduce or increase the amount of enemies that spawn; 

-a teleport "code" that allows you to teleport in or out of the ship to more easily complete the objective;

-a vault that you can break into that houses credits;

just to name a few.

Secondly the lich system is something that can elevate railjack by making every mission feel different and exciting with a few minor additions. The idea is to keep liches/sisters how are right now but adding "underlings" these "underlings" would be easier to kill than liches making them more like mini bosses, similar to the captains from 'Shadow of mordor/Shadow of war'. They could serve under; your active lich/sister, another "underling" or one of the many bosses that are already in the game (or maybe even enemy syndicates). 

These "underlings" would randomly appear during a railjack mission and either they are there to stop you from completing the objective or you are there to stop them from completing their objective. this would add mission variety and allow you to play just to enjoy the stories you are creating. 

lastly some additional ideas to make the missions more smooth;

-the ability to "warp jump" out of the mission area and into "free flight" so you can keep the items you got until that point of the mission, just incase a lich or an "underling" gets too strong or as a general panic button;

-allowing access to the orbiter during "free flight" where you can do everything you can normally do on your orbiter. (aka smooth transition from Railjack to classic warframe);

-make "void cloak" a toggle (or add a variant) that you can use so that your Railjack won't be targeted by enemies when no one is on board.;

I hope that this helps DE in some way to make Railjack not become forgotten by the community (like conclave) because i really enjoy Railjack and it has alot of potential. 

10 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I really want DE to implement that squad link feature that they showcased back in 2019. It was such a cool idea so I don't know why they didn't implement it.

Yea it would be great. and i think they will implement it at some point, but they are a bit scared of it, atleast it sounds like they are because of how they talk about scarlet spear

1 hour ago, ShadowFire6700 said:

Yea it would be great. and i think they will implement it at some point, but they are a bit scared of it, atleast it sounds like they are because of how they talk about scarlet spear

no, it was terrible. Shipped incomplete and filled with bugs, none of which got resolved during the event.

2 hours ago, Mazifet said:

I really want DE to implement that squad link feature that they showcased back in 2019. It was such a cool idea so I don't know why they didn't implement it.

Honestly, Squad Link was the strangest thing they've ever attempted. The huge technical hurdles were reason enough to ditch the idea, but if DE were to bring Trials back, I'd like to think that they'd serve some purpose there.

Archived