Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

annoying Xoris hybrid stance

supernils

So I'm one of those who use the option "melee with fire weapon input", because why would I penetrate the keyboard key all the time to attack? It's only natural and I'm guessing most people use this option. It works fine for me, I use the designated melee key to enter melee mode (I mapped it to a mouse thumb button as that is where I melee in all shooters) and then continue with LMB.

Now the problem with Xoris is that you just don't enter melee mode. That means I'd have to keep using the designated melee key to attack which I obviously don't want. When you never do this with all the other melee weapon, you obviously don't want to be forced to do that with the Xoris.

I'd have to enter perma melee mode (holding the switch weapon key) to solve those issues, but I never use that mode, I don't like it. I think it takes away of the dynamic play that is a core feature of this game.

I don't even know what the advantage of the weird hybrid stance of the Xoris is, other than annoying people with the "melee with fire weapon input" setting. Looking at the low Riven disposition actually baffles me, apparently people do use the weapon. But my guess is that they just "XORIS GO BOOM" while otherwise using ranged.

What harm would it do to just make this weapon behave like all other melee weapons?

Also, and this is a big one, why does holding down LMB issue the throw instead of just using heavy attack? Heavy attack is UNUSED (while Xoris isn't mid throw). Instead all the time you accidentally charge throw while meleeing. Solution: charge throw with heavy attack input, detonate with another heavy attack input.

What, are you talking about the pistol dual-wielding combo? Because yes, you do need to go melee-mode to play dedicated melee, how are you going to fire your melee with your pistol out.

Honestly, get rid of that keyboard bind and put quick-melee on your mouse. Why that's the default bind is beyond me.

Yes that's what I'm talking about. What do you mean, how am I gonna fire melee with the pistol out? I push the melee button like with every other weapon too (which I indeed have bound to thumb mouse as I said, but that doesn't make it suitable to repeatedly push, like with LMB), and vice versa when I want to shoot I hold down RMB.

funny I just started the new War quest and there it's the same:

why isn't Teshins throw on heavy attack instead of LMB? I can't even "melee with fire weapon input" at all although Teshin is in perma melee mode. Completely unnecessary and I'm getting the impression DE does not think of this setting at all.

1 hour ago, supernils said:

Also, and this is a big one, why does holding down LMB issue the throw instead of just using heavy attack? Heavy attack is UNUSED (while Xoris isn't mid throw). Instead all the time you accidentally charge throw while meleeing. Solution: charge throw with heavy attack input, detonate with another heavy attack input.

While I agree with "put dual wielding out of its misery already"—it used to be a lot more than it is now—moving throws to heavy attack has its own issues.

For one, you know the whole "melee before heavy attacking" issue? That comes back, because the heavy attack function is the melee weapon's alt-fire. Press the alt-fire button with a gun out and you won't be throwing your glaive, you'll be launching the alt fire of your gun—or trying to, if it lacks one.

For two, it likely means we lose aerial throws, because aerial heavy attacks aren't really a thing. There's janky slide ways to make the game think you're on the ground to enable heavy attacks in the air, but it's, well, jank. It was the case once, that we heavy attack to throw outside of dual wielding, and it was not a pleasurable experience.

So it's a lose-lose, unless more major shake-ups come about.

Archived