The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Kahl Prison Break Mission Final Boss Didn't Spawn

Slithea

The wolf boss didn't spawn at the hanger when I reached the extraction point. Before the "get to extraction point" objective showed up, the UI was stuck at freeing 2 prisoners, and I had to go to the boss room to trigger the quest log update. It used to be a glitch to force people to not get killed by the boss. Why is it getting worse overtime? 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2022-12-04 at 10:13 AM, Slithea said:

The wolf boss didn't spawn at the hanger when I reached the extraction point. Before the "get to extraction point" objective showed up, the UI was stuck at freeing 2 prisoners, and I had to go to the boss room to trigger the quest log update. It used to be a glitch to force people to not get killed by the boss. Why is it getting worse overtime? 

Just had this happen to me.  The Wolf didn't spawn, so I left and came back.  He still didn't spawn, so I alt-tabbed and checked Google for a sec.  After a bit, Blue Girl started talking again and the dialog progressed to the point that the Wolf spawned and I was able to complete the mission.

What I noticed:

The UI was stuck at freeing 2 prisoners for me as well, just like with the OP.  So I found the Wolf's room anyway, and he didn't spawn right away.  Eventually the "Get to the Hangar" or whatever objective popped up, replacing the "Free 2 Prisoners" one.  But the Wolf still didn't spawn when he should.

Theory:

Until tonight, I had never experienced this issue, despite playing literally every Break Narmer mission available up to this point.  One thing that I noticed about my performance in the mission tonight was that I found just an absurd amount of brothers.  I must have had 10 with me, when normally I feel like I don't get that many.  Could too many brothers be causing an issue here?  I obviously don't know.  It's just a theory.

If this happens to you:

Be patient and don't quit out right away.  Move around a bit.  Leave the spawn room and come back.  Try using /unstuck.  Repeat this process a few times.  Alt+tab for a bit or stare at your phone.  See if that helps.  Hopefully the game decides to spawn the boss and you aren't stuck in this joyless slog for another run. Sorry, I had to.  DE, remove the shards from Kahl please.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This bug is still happening. I'm currently in the mission and Wolf is not spawning. I've completed all objectives except "Deathless" since I can't until I kill the Wolf. I've tried going back as far as I can at the crash site, going to every area, unstuck, tried going past the waypoint and all the mission says is "Get to Hangar".

These missions take so long since Kahl is so slow. lol
I've done every single one of his weekly missions since release.

It's very frustrating to have wasted an hour and if i want to complete everything again, it'll take me another 35 minutes. (approx)

image.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Depressingly, this bug still exists in September 2023. Luckily I AFKed in the hangar area for 10 minutes and the dialogue restarted + Wolf eventually spawned, so it's worth not abandoning your mission, just wait and go on your phone for a bit and it should eventually fix itself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...