The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Seer Secondary as "Primer"

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

5 answers to this question

all elements count towards condition overload, so yes ips counts. the kuva seer is a very strong primer if built right. mine has a radiation progenitor, and i built it for viral heat. so in total it has 8 of the 13 elements, being impact, puncture, slash, blast, corrosive, radiation, viral, and heat. any weapon with co or gunco will decimate a target with this many status in only 1-2 shots

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

IIRC mine is based on cold. If I get another based on say radiation, if I combine the two will the result be a Seer with innate cold electric and heat? Or cold and rad?

your lich weapon can only have one progenitor element. if you decide tho combine it with a seer of another element, you will be asked to choose between one element or the other. in valence fusion, the higher bonus is multiplied by 1.1 and applied on the new, fused weapon. the percent caps at 60%

It will function ok as a primer for bosses and the like, or against small groups of enemies in some situations.  (Although different damage types would probably be better for this.)   But usually to be considered a great primer, it needs to be able to apply a lot of status quickly to many enemies, preferably with no set up.  So they'll  have more than one thing from this list:

- large AoE

- punch through

- very high status chance

- chaining behavior

- unusual amount of damage types

- high rate of fire

Kuva Nukor which was mentioned above can check off 5 of those, although that's not necessary for a decent primer.  But Kuva Seer either doesn't have them or doesn't have them to a special degree.

You asked if it was good for it, and I'd say no.   That being said, I've used other less than ideal primers like Strun Wraith and Bronco Prime, and had fun and success doing so.  

If I was going to do a specialized primer build for what looks like an electricity lich Kuva Seer, I'd do something like this:

Barrel Diffusion / Galvanized Shot / Fulmination / Lethal Torrent

Pistol Pestilence / Frostbite / Scorch / Anemic Agility

Viral Rad Corrosive on a larger AoE with much higher status chance and RoF.  Nowhere near as much damage as your build, but much better as a primer for another weapon.  If you want it to be more of a hybrid, you could replace Anemic Agility and/or Scorch with Hornet Strike or  Target Cracker + Gambit as a starting point.

If you have questions about the reasoning for these mod choices or replacements you can use until you some of them, let me know.

I have and like the Kuva Seer but just use it as a mega secondary damage dealer...but for anything primer, I use the Kuva Nukor. Awhile back I came up on a video...Meta Build, Kuva Nukor & Hybrid Melee's from NoSympathyCA...that explained using all four elements (along with use of a Hybrid Melee) even when enemies were immune to one of the status, how it all actually worked. My Nukor has Heat, Radiation, Magnetic and Viral. To see all the various, proc numbers going on is a bit hilarious...then throw in a melee with Corrosive....well..

Archived