Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag.... It Will Kill Us All...

NinjaTyr

Due to your bad desicion on making warframes peer2peer you now get to deal with the lag monster.

My suggestion is check everyones connection when they login and determine if they are a suitable host. And check locations so you dont pair people that live too far away from each other.

Oh and give prioty to the client not the host.

I am pretty sure I am not a Strict NAT (however since the 6.4 update I have been getting that message alot) but what happens if someone starts a game on their own? Are they forced into solo because of it? Must they wait on a team that will never show up and then never be able to complete the mission as a team? Unless you supposed maybe its possible that during the game when players join the game migrates the host to whoever is best.

I am pretty sure I am not a Strict NAT (however since the 6.4 update I have been getting that message alot) but what happens if someone starts a game on their own? Are they forced into solo because of it? Must they wait on a team that will never show up and then never be able to complete the mission as a team? Unless you supposed maybe its possible that during the game when players join the game migrates the host to whoever is best.

Host migrations seem to be the best answer, also they could limit the weaker hosts to have fewer party members.

Right now I mostly play solo becuase the lag is so bad with most.

Peer2Peer system is a mean to lower DE budget, that's understandable.

I think we need a better matching system. One that show how many parties are on that stage. Which one has free space. Which one has better ping.

I would love this. Best possible option IMO (while keeping P2P) would be this+ a filtering system. So I can set to only join/find games that are under a set amount of ping, and/or lobby only.

if you want DE to run hosting servers for all the games.. they need money. go buy founders packages and spend money in the cash shop.

and "Strict NAT" basically means you have a router in your connection.

every router i've worked with so far has a built-in firewall, and all of them are on by default. most modern routers will support UPnP, but at the moment, it seems Warframe isn't working so well with UPnP. (my router does UPnP, my other programs can set themselves up fine with it.. warframe has issues.)

like the strict nat warning says, you need to set up port forwarding for the 2 ports in question. contact your router maker if you need help with it.

if your broadband connection comes from the wall into a box that does wireless and/or lets you plug several computers in, that box is a router (as well as a modem).

if you aren't -on- broadband yet... it's really time to upgrade. and if you can't or won't upgrade.. no amount of complaining here will help.

I have a great connection and would love to be able to at least opt to "Prefer Hosting" or something along those lines.

Where as people with horrible 56k connections or playing from Mars or whatever blackhole they're playing from should be able to opt to "Never host"

Though it's funny in this game when you connect to a bad host, you become invincible pretty much while all your damage still registers even if it takes 1-3 secs for it to hit.

----

Edited by Nokturnel

mine still says Strict NAT but I have a fast connection, and people who party with me run just fine no lag whatsoever. Of course the idea of messing with the UPnp sounds like a bad idea. A better hosting system is required. For us to mess with the Upnp even with aid from the makers is a huge risk, if you mess up the router you have to order a brand new one thats hundreds of dollars for me. Not to mention just opening two ports is extremely risky allowing an opening for hackers. Its not worth it for one game to open 2 ports. Whatever the default is now is working just fine. I can play hundreds of other games just fine. So far Strict NAT hasnt bothered or stopt me, but if it does start becoming an issue in the future then the peer2peer needs an update.

mine still says Strict NAT but I have a fast connection, and people who party with me run just fine no lag whatsoever. Of course the idea of messing with the UPnp sounds like a bad idea. A better hosting system is required. For us to mess with the Upnp even with aid from the makers is a huge risk, if you mess up the router you have to order a brand new one thats hundreds of dollars for me. Not to mention just opening two ports is extremely risky allowing an opening for hackers. Its not worth it for one game to open 2 ports. Whatever the default is now is working just fine. I can play hundreds of other games just fine. So far Strict NAT hasnt bothered or stopt me, but if it does start becoming an issue in the future then the peer2peer needs an update.

You need to open the ports, also hackers rarely attack random people, hell I got most of my ports open on my side, my ISP stealths them for me.