Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is a level 5 lich doable without OP strats like MESA or cheese strats like wukong?

Psychatix

https://imgur.com/zVLAjeL

Coming back after along hiatus, my lich is level 5. I WANT to beat him alone with the frame that spawned him, my Mag Prime, but he's wielding a #*!%ing tonkor , which 2 shots me, and staggers me. I'm fine with using completely broken weapons, but I refuse to engage with this sytem unless I can beat my liches with the frames that spawn them. That's just how I have fun. I could easily go Valkyr and go ape S#&$ on him and easily beat him, that's not fun. I love nesmsis systems, so I rather not just use a frame that invaldiates him. 

BUT...I've also attempted him at least a dozen times now, and the BEST i've been able to do is chunked out his shields to zero with my ONE use of Mag's Magnetize, and a 4 forma'd Drakgood modded specifically to fight shields, but then I have no good damage on his armor. 

Because of how many times I've lost, I'm now ok with using comletely broken OP weapon strats so long as I can have my Mag beat him. I need advice or help, I need the most busted #*!%ing weapon combos possible for this guy. 

I do'nt have any kitguns or zaw weapons unlocked, or the deployable arch guns mod. Any other weapons though I can get. 

11 minutes ago, user_85631 said:

I used Loki invisibility with the kuva hek. If you don't have the kuva hek, try phenmor with xata's whisper or just try the phenmor alone. Laetum is quite good standalone too. I normally use Loki so survivability is not an issue.

While I appreciate the response....I literally said I want to do it on mag lol

Mag with a few specific weapons should be good. If the shields are giving you issue, its good to have a weapon for dealing with them. Does the Unairu shield strip work? I know the armour strip doesn't (at least the last time I tried on a Lich, I think it does work on a Sister however). Not necessarily sure Drakgoon would be the best choice? Though if you are satisfied with it? IIRC your Magnetise will start to have diminishing returns against such boss enemies, so could be good to leave it for the armour part of the fight. So having a high fire rate Magnetic weapon to deal with shields, Magnetise, then use a high damage projectile weapon with punch through to deal with armour stage. As others have mentioned, Arca Plasma is great here (especially Tenet version if you have it?) Kuva Hek alt fire is generally great against Liches, especially if you get a good headshot. Though if you don't have those weapons... Magnetise and Lanka could be potent. Oh and Drakgoon is great with Magnetise too as you already probably know. 

Getting either the Laetum, Phenmor or Felarx should help a lot as well, those are good boss killer guns. Also sounds like surviving is an issue, so using Spoiler more could help, (plus if you go with Unairu it will give you a temp but decently long stagger/knock down resist). 

Stropha is great with Mag and Magnetise as well. Plus its melee which is great as far as having more tools. Oh and although many peoples builds an sort of ignore the Liches specific weaknesses/resistances, can also be beneficial to look at them and see if that is the reason you are struggling with damage. Is your Lich resistance/immune to damage types you are using? What other status can you build for that may still overlap with a purpose, etc

Remember you could also always deploy some allied Spectres as well, which can help you stay alive, and the more time up and at max health/shields, the more aggressive/offensive you can be too! 

Good luck with your Lich! 

I didn't hunt the Liches for years but, a Lv5 Lich is tough but it is not entirely invincible either. With good weapons it was still able to be downed. The more problem is, your durability. Even without Hysteria, Valkyr is actually a good frame if you want to keep stand on a mission, so try her out.

That said, a level 5 lich is already a penalty for hunting liches, so anyway it is intended to be powerful. For you could keep its level lower by not to stab it. with the wrong code.

In total, I made two liches, the first brought it to level 4 and left it for myself, and the second brought it to level 5 and killed when I guessed the sequence, I played with excalibur and jammed (while the lich was stunned) that the first that the second lich was beaten with a melee weapon (fragment of war) well, on proxima the first lich was enslaved by excalibur and the second was killed by nydus it was easier there

Archived