Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Scopes... Dear God No.

Raanaar

The new scope is awful,There's no description short of game breaking and this is not an exageration.I can appreciate the style but the blur is tooooo much !

I was quiet so far because I hoped with this last update they will do something about it .

I was thinking, there could be "aura-esq" mods on primary's and such, allowing the player to add a scope, or use the earlier third person zoom, because I don't know another way they could make a working system for two types of scopes. They could also just fix the scopes, and make then zoom about 20% less.

If you look closely, DE didn't add any extra zoom, well maybe a little (I still can see my Ash aura while aiming with Vectis). Basically it's the same overzoom 3rd person view plus Big useless aim interface & Blur which only add more problem than solution. Imagine getting an apps update that enlarge your mouse cursor for like 5 times larger without any reason at all.

Edited by Barzah

Can we have the traditional crosshair instead or make it available in the market? Id buy one pretty sure... The new sniper scope makes me think that DEVS dont know a bit of what a good weapon is or a good sniper is...

"You all know that a sniper is a percision weapon, right? Lets design a scope that compliments it by being not only visually confusing, but also makes it harder for the sniper to aim at anything"

If you look closely, DE didn't add any extra zoom, well maybe a little (I still can see my Ash aura while aiming with Vectis). Basically it's the same overzoom 3rd person view plus Big useless aim interface & Blur which only add more problem than solution. Imagine getting an apps update that enlarge your mouse cursor for like 5 times larger without any reason at all.

Oh really? Then what's the point, sorry for the bad info, I have not had much chance to play around with mine, I've been using my Paris for what little playtime I have had since the update. Thanks for the correction.

If anything, the scope on the Lanka covers the charge-meter which makes it harder to exactly know when it is fully charged. I am pretty used to the Lanka by now so I go by sound alone for the charge, but I can imagine there are lots of people who use the charge meter to watch for full charge.

I too have to see if it actually starts to charge when there is a lot of stuff happening around me as the sound for the charge-up is not very noticeable in those situations.

To fix the scopes this would be necessary in my opinion:

* Make them obstruct less of the screen or make them more transparent

* Remove the stuff covering charge / reload meter, or move it (eg. transparent bar to the right when zoomed or something)

* Remove the extra blur and at least some of the static / warping caused by the scope.

The scopes are good for immersion, but currently they are pretty annoying when lots of stuff is happening as the blur makes it hard to distinguish actual targets from effects or already dying enemies.

They look gorgeous and you fail at sniping.

Good day.

Oh sod off.  I personally play significantly worse with these scopes.  Prior to U11 aiming was far easier than with these scopes.  Instead of waving around your MLG Proness why not be constructive.  There's nothing wrong with having the previous scopes.  

I can agree with wanting the option to turn it off, but honestly there's no need to be so rude about it :/ I'm sure heaps of people like how the scope looks! Don't just insult the people who made such a nice feature just because you don't personally like it >:/

Please speak for yourself--the overlay effects they implemented LOOK HORRIBLE. Blurred so bad except for the smallest part of the center and its obstructed by the artwork--should be very fine lines and pin point if anything. It has absolutely ruined sniping.

Thanks DE for allowing one of your failures to slip through QA before it should have been aborted. I personally feel it has ruined the joy I was having with my Vectis. Now im forced to try to aim durring reload cycling in order to see at all.

It should be made switchable or no overlay at all. This sniper scope overlay has been way overthought. You have a Sniper rifle and you need to have a clear picture of your target.

Seems to me it was fine before overthinking broke it.

Edited by Chesty_Puller

The new Vectis zoom sight is a perfect example of something I despise in science-fiction anything.

"Hey its sci-fi, so let's put a ton of useless goofy-looking crap in the UI/scope/whatever to make it look futuristic!" XD

I mean, if the stuff on the scope actually DID something useful, feel free to add it in.  But blurring out 80% of the screen and shoving an angry butterfly in my face?  Really?  -____-

Maybe I am being redundant...

But, yes please remove the scope graphics. (Barring that make them un-obtrusive)

We are kick butt space ninjas!

If my gun has a scope that is as bad as the ones we have now (esp the Vectis) I will replace the scope. And, as I am previously mentioned Space ninja my new scope will not be a burry head-ache inducing menace. It will be a suit linked targeting reticle with some useful information like the targets hit zones (not like sonar but more like where on my target counts as head. torso, limb, etc). maybe the range to target, the ammo count, and in the case of the Lanka a nice non-obscured charge meter. (the current Lanka scope has the film grain effect, the brilliant blinding charge light AND the fact the scope... stuff, covers up the charge meter)

I actually like the scopes :/ the crosshair we've had forever is lame imo - would much rather more variety in it.  Can't say I have issues aiming with mine but I also know that people dislike change.

It's not that it's hard to aim with it; it just gets in the way and doesn't do anything to make up for that. Nobody wants something that just gets in the way and doesn't do anything helpful.

Edited by gallowsCalibrator

Add myself to this boat.

Lanka's is just atrocious. The Vectis's scope graphic seems to actually be fine, only suffering from blur, really.

But the Lanka's.... Who the HELL designs a scope overlay graphic that is *opaque*? Like seriously?

Either give us an option to remove them, or make them less screw-you-for-having-a-scope, please.

Mostly the latter, actually. If not for the charge glow of the Lanka saying "You don't need to see, use the Force!", the Lanka's terrible scope display would actually be tollerable.

Also, anybody test to see if we still have projectile drift while scoped? I have a feeling we will...

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I think the current implementation of Vectis zoom is not a good way to do sniper zoom. It's just confusing and looks silly. It needs a cleaner and non-blurry scope.

'we're gonna add scopes in U11'

sounds cool.

*tries my vectis*

I think I've blinded myself.

Warframe is a co-op game, too many mobs running around for such cramped scopes to be of any use.

I'm more glad than ever running around with the clean, minimalistic scopes we used to have. I'm sure many people that played as a sniper often would agree that a clean zoom is why sniping is even viable in such a fast paced game

Just tried Lanka. Man. The small box with effects going on makes it feel needlessly cluttered and cramped. It's difficult to use. I think this is worse than the one Vectis has, not least because the zoom feels larger.

Edited by Inofor

Just tried Lanka. Man. The small box with effects going on makes it feel needlessly cluttered and cramped. It's difficult to use. I think this is worse than the one Vectis has, not least because the zoom feels larger.

yea, from what I've seen vectis has the nicest looking scope. And that's the problem, even the nicest looking scope is this bad, how to other snipers deal with this at all?

I'm not looking to be called a troll but there sure are a hell of a lot of wimpy posts here, say it as it is, only a little kiddy mentality can like the the way the vectis has been completely changed from a functioning firearm to a piece of crap.

What kind of mentality can create a scope where you have a few pointless scrolls, blurred peripheral vision, and darkening so bad that on some maps you cannot even see anything.

Before I could have it modded to swiftly take down a charging crowd . . .try it now and I feel seasick with all the blurring and too much zoom, and objects in the scope going, light, dark, light, dark, light, dark . . . bit like me repeating that over and over and over and over . . you'd soon get pissed off.

I'm an admin/mod on a private gaming site with mostly middle-aged gamers and we take our gaming seriously and have the money to do so, so why are the kiddies - who haven't got the money - being catered to with functionality ruining gimmicks - and something for them to giggle about - at the expense of the age group who bring the biggest investment to gaming.

I'm reminded of that expression, " he grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory ", in this case being dumping a successful scope for one which is completely useless, and to mix metaphors, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it" . . .