Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Scopes... Dear God No.

Raanaar

Just tried the Vulkar -- unusable.

Gob smacked isn't an expression I usually use but god knows where their brains were when they started messing with the scopes . . . if they were confused they only had to ask as myself and a few others on our site are ex-servicemen and very conversant with firearms . . .

PS. Just had a thought, obviously someone was daft enough to trash the sniper scopes but with the mentality required to do that maybe they thought it was one way to make the game harder . . . duh . . completely ruining the scopes has nothing to do with making the game harder but all about ruining the gameplay.

So they have made the opposition tougher, the weapons less effective . . . and then to top it off they screw up the scopes to ensure you can't hit those juiced up aliens with your underpowered rifle . . good one, that really was a well thought out and insightful move.

Devs . . . look at this hot topic now, not next week, please. The theme mentioned in the pinned topic is about playing the game the way we like to play it . . . you gave us a vectis, many of us like, correction, liked, the vectis . . it meant we could play the game in the way we like to play it, in the way highlighted by the pinned post, so  either we get the correct sights back or dump the pinned post as unfit for purpose . . .

If I buy a car I choose it on what I see, I don't then expect someone to come along with a sledgehammer to smash the windscreen . . .

The nature of giving the game away and then relying on people to buy things is just that, dependent on people buying things, and I have so far contributed £155 to the companies coffers . . . including buying the vectis, but sell me a product and then downgrade that product and it's the last you will see of my money . .and the same for quite a few others . .

Edited by CaptainEras

I have noticed some comments about the vectis not being as powerful as it used to be, maybe it isn't, I don't know. I've also noticed comments about it no longer taking down an alien with one shot, maybe it no longer does on a borderline setup, I don't know.

My vectis not only takes down anything with one shot it causes many to explode.

We all have our prefered setups but this is what is doing it for me at the moment, in the future I will experiment.

All of these are maxed out and an orokin has been used to double up.

Top left/  Point Strike

Top right/ Hell Fire

Bot. left/  Fast Hands

Bot. right/ Serration

Shred

Cryo rounds

Vital Sense

It can probably be done more efficiently, but this setup slaughters everything in front of it . . .

Edited by CaptainEras

My Vectis still seems to eat enemies for lunch... if anything I think my existing loadout was doing MORE damage than previously. Anyhow, i still hate the scopes. They're unnecessary, plain and simple. I appreciate the simplicity of simply zooming in on the crosshair rather than overlaying some obtrusive and completely superfluous skin and blur effects. Even if Warframe were the sort of game which needed such nods to authenticity and "immersion" , they are still horrible. Looking down a scope should NOT make it harder to see your targets, completely defeats the purpose of the thing. Yet so often in games, designers treat scopes as some kind of outlet for misguided creative juices and, in the process, make them completely useless for doing what they were intended to do: make things EASIER to shoot.

I thought the point of a sniper scope - realism or not - was to ensure that the viewfinder was free and clear of any obstructions to ensure a clear scope at a target. Not cluttered beyond belief and full of uselessness.

Turning off DoF and Motion Blur made the Vectis scope usable, but the Vandal/Tron and Lanka remains something undesired.

Same here, I'm confused at all these posts claiming the Vectis was nerfed (I'm seeing several). lvl25 potato'd and still 1shot'ing most enemies on Pluto.

Yeah, a potato'd, double-forma'd Vectis is one of the most powerful weapons in the game, and rightly so in my opinion.  I can still use the weapon just fine, but the scope it very annoying at times.  I would prefer the old "zoom" but for now I will just deal with it.

I don't know about others but I'm hitting 19-26k headshot's on my Vectis depending on the mob , no expection.This is something that I couldn't do before patch.And I miss a lot of good sniper mods.

But the blur needs to go.It's just imposible..

Couldn't agree more! These scopes abstract half of the screen, too blurry and have too many unnecessary elements.Now I kinda have to guess where the enemy is when I'm zoomed.

Can we just have an option to turn them off?

I actually like the scopes :/ the crosshair we've had forever is lame imo - would much rather more variety in it.  Can't say I have issues aiming with mine but I also know that people dislike change.

I don't dislike change. I like seeing what I'm sniping.

If they removed the blur effects alone, that would go a long way towards making them better. I can really only hipshoot my Lanka now, since switching targets and leading shots (two very important things for the Lanka) are pretty much impossible because of the new scope.

I really appreciate the gesture, they look really cool

Until you try to get a headshot. :(

Edited by SnaleKing

I agree with the voices for an option to toggle the scopes on and off.

Also I started a similiar topic a few days ago, where I presented my thoughts about an alternative solution in sort of a new Mod-section.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134265-sniperscopes-problems-and-maybe-a-solution/#entry1611689

Btw:

Why has the Vectis its idletime back?

Why isnt just the scope changed but the scopefactor, too?

/Epi

I too, would appreciate the option to turn off the new scope crosshair.  I like the Tenno themed design but as it is now the crosshair dot often covers up large portions of the body of distant foes.  This makes it more difficult to be an effective sniper for my team.

My suggestion is to shrink the new crosshair down to the default crosshair size.

Thank you for considering our thoughts and opinions!

That's the thing, I don't want to disable these features that make the game more immersive.

Playing today I realized the usability of the scopes is highly dependant on the map.  In the open, well lit area on Xini my Vectis was usable, but anyplace more 'indoors' zooming is massively disorienting.

Well DE you ruined my sniper experience,I use Vectis and since the outlines are blurred i only see blur, wich is caused mostly by my inability to concentrate, and the decals, they are beautiful, but kind of distracting, i just wish the blurr would be gone.

I have to agree with the many voices here, the Sniper scopes are a bit too "fancy" and cluttered to be of much of a help at the moment and there is way too much stuff going on on the screen to be able to aim efficiently.

Something I would also like to point out that the Scanner zoom obstructs the view in a similar way, and has a lot of trouble keeping "lock" on small targets at any range.

Would also be nice if we could have some sort of " target lock area" for Scanner reticule, so that it would scan the selected target as long as it stays within the area. Bonus affinity points for keeping it in the middle all the time, normal affinity for less accurate scanning.

Also, would it be possible for players to finally customise the crosshair colour? the default colour tends to blend in in the graphics on some levels.

A word in the ear of the devs . . .

How does a bird learn the way to migrate ? . . . by Spatial Awareness.

How does a sniper scope into the position of a tango ? . . . by Spatial Awareness.

How do you employ Spatial Awareness at speed ? . . . by having very clear peripheral vision.

What will cause a complete loss of orientation ? . . blur the peripheral vision.

Add a dimming of the scope brightness and we are dead before we start . . the scope on the vectis now goes against every principle of sniping so as a sniper scope it is completely unfit for purpose.

Why are you enforcing kiddy stuff onto a largely adult user base.

Do I need to go on ?

CaptainEras . . . (ex-serviceman)

Edited by CaptainEras