The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Trumna Opinions

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

With all the pro-Trumna talk I've seen floating around, I had the parts and decided to build and forma. Put 6 formas on it. HM, shred, gal chamb, gal apt, malignant force, PCR, CritD, VitSense and an exilus that reduces recoil (don't remember the name) with PriMerciless. i just ran all the SP daily missions with it and meh...IMO. mixed feelings on this. Feel like I wasted my full kitty of formas. I have one left now bummer! Maybe my mod choices can be improved?

it's more a solo run weapon, to me, so you have time to charge the alt fire. Alt fire is epic. I do like it. Get some big numbers and everything gets vaporized when I've had a chance to use it. Primary fire is not so good. Doesn't do enough damage (using rev Prime) and takes way too many shots even for a lvl 135SP (all my mods are maxed except PCR which is one away). In ESO i was able to use alt fire more, especially when leveling the weapon, but you need to kill many more than 5 bc I counted and alt fire didn't work. Not sure if there's a counter for this gun on screen but I was counting kills. The alt fire does not charge the weapon either so it seems when you use it you need to charge all over again. I will probably put this on a spectre or a RJ crew member.

Just wondering if anyone mains this with some comments or thoughts. Is revP not the right frame? Do you need a frame that adds crit, like harrow, to put it over the edge for primary fire?

I watched a YT and some dude was in SP survival w it and was nuking everything but I can't seem to get that performance. Lost link to vid and don't remember the frame he was using. Maybe a Warframe arcane swap?

6 answers to this question

after finding the same build on overframe and people saying its bad, try replacing galv aptitude for scope and shred for vile accel.

probably replace cryo rounds with rime rounds too because you're almost never using viral for the damage and the extra status is more useful.

corrosive damage might work too instead of viral, just replace hunter munitions with serration.

1 minute ago, gamingchair1121 said:

after finding the same build on overframe and people saying its bad, try replacing galv aptitude for scope and shred for vile accel.

probably replace cryo rounds with rime rounds too because you're almost never using viral for the damage and the extra status is more useful.

corrosive damage might work too instead of viral, just replace hunter munitions with serration.

Man I'm confused, another reddit user said viral is the way to go and posted clips showing +1 million damage and even +5 million. I'll check out your suggestions though.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Man I'm confused, another reddit user said viral is the way to go and posted clips showing +1 million damage and even +5 million. I'll check out your suggestions though.

no I meant you still want viral, but you want it for the status. viral status increases slash damage. if you meant when I said put corrosive, corrosive damage is actually really good because it has a damage bonus against most armored enemies. you also don't need to rely on slash procs for killing things (so no more taking naps while waiting for slash to kill enemies) and on certain weapons types it enables builds that can one shot even steel path eximus (mostly for snipers/shotguns).

I use trumna with revenant (p) 

Even have a whole loadout and manage steel path just fine ,

Now the problem you probably have is using the primary mode to do enough damage , 

You cant use it like an explosive ,you need to use it like an AR , 

Primary merciless is also not gonna be worth it , as you will struggle to keep up the kill frequency,  primary deadhead is better (also the recoil negation helps) and you want more than 8 fire rate (might need vile acceleration) , you will need to keep getting headshots to keep up but it should be more manageable.

PCR is a waste , better to take rime rounds.

The way to continuously use the alt fire is ... A borderline exploit and depends on specific frames that creates a secondary damage instance. That is all i will say about that.

The trumna is great , but if you are not comfortable with assault rifles you will not be able to use it fully.

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The way to continuously use the alt fire is ... A borderline exploit and depends on specific frames

I just would like to see if I could improve the primary fire. That's the issue, not having to shoot a SP or ESO eximus 20 times to pit it down. Takes too long to stack 5 Ks for alt fire. But when alt-fire is triggered it's great. Think I tried rime rounds but I'll go back. I also have deadhead R5 now.

In SP I'd hate to get an acolyte immediately after purging alt-fire. Or get a "you will be purged" with 8 eximus all at once. Or both at the same time, which seems to happen a lot (to me). Fun stuff.

Archived