Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Realized Something About Infested Levels

RainDreamer

They are too clean.

Yes, there are smears of blood here and there, along with swarms of infested tissues swarms around, which certainly put it apart from normal levels. But, they still feel much, much too clean for an infested ship/asteroid for who know how long, some could be centuries. Yet it looks like early stage of infestation that just happened a few hours ago..There should be more walls that drips with grimes from those infested tissues, or pieces of dead bodies of unfortunate former resident of ship/base scatter around and have infested tissues grows on them, or just have some place with blood drench the floor/painted the walls, etc.

It will increase the atmosphere tremendously.

I'm not much of a zombie buff, but my guess is that technocyte virus is closer to a nanomachine rebellion that changes flesh to techno-bio blobs, rather than the usual biological virus with blood and pus everywhere. So like most if not all of the stray traces of biological matter would have already been converted to the wall-slug growths or assimilated by the swarm of nanites that fly around the areas?

EDIT: I'd summarise this with an entry of Famous Last Words: "This place is clean...... too clean."

Edited by Shion963

How do you know they're nanites that are flying around?

I've never seen that stated anywhere, it seems like the entire Warframe community has just assumed they're nanites. 'Cos it's the future, y'know.

There should be blood everywhere. BLOOD SMEARS EVERYWHERE. Also expect an infected themed map in the future, maybe.

I've never seen that stated anywhere, it seems like the entire Warframe community has just assumed they're nanites. 'Cos it's the future, y'know.

It could be just from playing Dark Sector. Both games have technocyte and were both made by the same developer but whether the two are in the same universe hasn't been confirmed.

Mostly assumption from the term "Technocyte virus".

There isn't a lore page on the Infestation, unlike the Tenno, Grineer or Corpus. So assumptions are all that I could go on until reliable and more in-depth lore is given, and I do not take my assumptions to be facts.

• 1 month later...

I have something else to add that I noticed about infested levels.

The growths that yu see everywhere on the ground billow and sway. That's fine, they could be spores so they'd be alive. But something i just noticed and can't help but notice now that I found it, is that the ones on the walls and ceiling are static. They don't move, they have no animations.

It actually creeps me out more than the animated ones on the floor since those ones actually look more uh... "natural."

I don't think the infected maps need to have a 'Dirty' look about them. Just...worn in.

The sheen on most of the metal gone, a few panels hanging loose or fallen over. Vent covers littering certain rooms.

Doors hanging mostly open. The ship's announcer being nothing but garbled static.

I have not attempted to find any info on the Infected (Beyond basic wiki info) so I'm not entirely sure how it operates, but it looks like they wouldn't be the sort to clean and fix a ship.

Yes I do agree with you all. The levels seem to be a tad to "new." Mind you, this virus or plague or whatever it is, is still probably infecting new hosts. Some maybe we could come to a compromise about the "dirty" look. We can still keep the "clean" ones we already have but also some older more rusted/bloodied/ruined versions for levels that have been eaten away by centuries of it.

Those orange glitter effects flying around could be nanites or simply decoration, either way... there isn't any info on them under the Factions page on the site... but Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno faction pages exist. Who knows? Maybe story/explanations will come later on.

I would love some more detail to the Infested missions, if only to add to the atmosphere. And please, change the AI announcer's lines. It sort of kills the ambience when, amidst stalking through an overrun ship, you hear about a 'code 13 in engineering.'

I agree.

Infestation levelsn don't look like infested, It might be a little too much to ask for a whole new set of map designs, but that would increase the atmosphere so much if you would have that kind of "Dead Space" feeling, like, you know, there is something "alive" (more or less) in here but the whole ship or station is just rusted and broken.

Make it loog like there really was a fight against the infested but quit some time ago.

I would even go so far and ask for "recent infested" levels and "Long time period" infested levels, the second ones being more of a "hive" then anything else.