Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spawning lich boss

Psycr0vv

Question

4 answers to this question

Chances of it appearing rise as you kill more thralls, but the only way to actually summon it is with a gear item, and that's something worth saving for when you're desperate or know your order for sure

Also obviously make sure you're on the right planet, and if you made a stab attempt, move to the next planet

To clarify, your lich has an aggro meter, the higher the aggro, the greater the chance they'll spawn.  You can check this in their profile.  Kill more thralls to fill the meter.

The gear item to force the spawn is a Requiem Ultimatum.  You have a chance to get one of these whenever you vanquish/convert an adversary.

On 2023-01-28 at 6:34 PM, Pakaku said:

Chances of it appearing rise as you kill more thralls, but the only way to actually summon it is with a gear item, and that's something worth saving for when you're desperate or know your order for sure

Just want to build off this for OP, as I just vanquished my first Lich yesterday and I had to navigate a good deal of well-meaning but misleading advice.

You do not need a gear wheel item for the Lich to appear. The item is only if you want to guarantee the Lich spawns. Individual cases differ, but my Lich appeared on my fifth Earth mission, my third Mars mission and only my second Ceres mission; if anything, I found myself avoiding my Lich more than I was searching it out.

And despite what some will tell you, don't stab your Lich to unveil the Requiem mod types! Rather, collect Thralls to unveil the Requiem types. Then save your stabs to determine the correct Requiem order. Because each failed stab ranks up the Lich.

By saving my stabs until the very end, I was able to defeat my Lich fairly easily. Lots of players struggle with their Liches because they waste those early parazon stabs and confront a much tougher Lich on Saturn Proxima.

To be fair, other commenters surely have more experience with Liches than I do, but since my recent experience seems similar to where OP is at, I thought it might be helpful. Good luck!

Archived