Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attack Risk

Probta16

Charge attack should have the risk of being interrupted by any melee attack. It seems only attack that stagger or knockdown interrupt the charge process.

Infested light units suffer to fight against a tenno in close combat.

Charge attack could have even more risk like taking more damage while charging.

no cause then you would die in 3 seconds due to chain stagger.

and they do have a risk of being interrupted. once you hit the event horizon you are stagger immune. any time before that is fair game. thats why you time your attacks.

I do not agree. If we do not have a solid melee system that allows us to dodge, counter, block, and time swings, then it should favor the player.

We have mods for it. I don't believe it would happen but would be really good.

Now, there is the normal melee attacks alternative.

Prior to the update, yes, charge attacks could be interrupted, but they cannot now because aside from procs there doesn't seem to be any melee stagger. I just sat around in Cytherean (Venus) charging up the Galatine while being punched in the face. It didn't matter if it was at the very beginning of the swing or the end, it was never interrupted.

Also as noted there is no stagger on enemies (I've been testing this for the past few hours as well), which combined with the uninterrupted charge means we're back to the situation of a couple updates ago where no, the only sensible melee strategy is to stand around charge spamming.

I also tested the obex and kogake, and their sliding and charge attacks no longer do knockdown either, which seemed to be the point of them.

I actually first noted this last night, in that prior to the update one could fight the infested with positioning and normal attack swings; that doesn't so much work now.

So yes, the lack of stagger has created a very unpleasant feeling to normal melee where I get to stand there swinging impotently at a spot in the air while the enemy disinterestedly shoots me in the face.