Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe.market app

(XBOX)TheNightmarexx0

Question

hi. Can annyone explain how i buy on this warframe.market app please?

If i find what i am looking for,

What happen by pressing buy?

Do i pay and the item is going in my acc or do i just agree to buy without any risk / payment upfront, and need to meet the seller in game to pay and get the item?

(only after mods i dont ever see in sales chat)

Thanks in Advance

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheNightmarexx0 said:

Ok. So by pressing buy is not a buy but a kind of i want, lets meet and do it in game?

Pressing buy in the site just gives you a line of text you can copy and paste in the in-game chat that'll DM the seller letting them know you wanna do the trade.
It doesn't do anything for you automatically other than generate that text. Sending that text to the seller to let them know you wanna do the trade is up to you.

Important notes: Trading has a credit tax the game takes that won't be listed on the site, so be sure to have plenty of credits on you. And items with a mastery requirement can't be traded to players with mastery lower than the requirement.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

On 2023-02-20 at 5:33 AM, PollexMessier said:

Pressing buy in the site just gives you a line of text you can copy and paste in the in-game chat that'll DM the seller letting them know you wanna do the trade.
It doesn't do anything for you automatically other than generate that text. Sending that text to the seller to let them know you wanna do the trade is up to you.

Important notes: Trading has a credit tax the game takes that won't be listed on the site, so be sure to have plenty of credits on you. And items with a mastery requirement can't be traded to players with mastery lower than the requirement.

hi hope you can point me in the right direction, as i haven't traded anything yet. 
i was trying to do a trade last night (past midnight), and i contacted someone from WF.market by copying the link, and pasting it on the chat. 
he sent me an invite to go to a dojo; i accepted and told him that i am already at the dojo, and don't know what the next steps would be. 
he said to see the trading post and accept, but i cannot find it. i thought it would be much more straight forward. 
nothing was popping up on my screen to do anything obvious (at least to me) for next steps. 
i am a new casual player on PC, started less than a month ago, and just at MR 4; i have 2FA, as i read that it has to be enabled to trade. 
if it helps, i was looking to trade for a Wisp Prime Set for a Plat (which was on offer cheaply by someone with what appears to be more than  100 trades, though not the cheapest there).
i don't know if that set requires a minimum MR. 
also, for a transaction of between 100 - 150 plat, how much is the credit tax (if it is possible to know ahead of time)? 
any help would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Bathala_x said:

hi hope you can point me in the right direction, as i haven't traded anything yet. 
i was trying to do a trade last night (past midnight), and i contacted someone from WF.market by copying the link, and pasting it on the chat. 
he sent me an invite to go to a dojo; i accepted and told him that i am already at the dojo, and don't know what the next steps would be. 
he said to see the trading post and accept, but i cannot find it. i thought it would be much more straight forward. 
nothing was popping up on my screen to do anything obvious (at least to me) for next steps. 
i am a new casual player on PC, started less than a month ago, and just at MR 4; i have 2FA, as i read that it has to be enabled to trade. 
if it helps, i was looking to trade for a Wisp Prime Set for a Plat (which was on offer cheaply by someone with what appears to be more than  100 trades, though not the cheapest there).
i don't know if that set requires a minimum MR. 
also, for a transaction of between 100 - 150 plat, how much is the credit tax (if it is possible to know ahead of time)? 
any help would be appreciated. 

The person that invited you to their dojo should have sent you a trade request through their trading post and you should've just got a pop up that said something along the lines of "[player username] has requested a trade with you [accept] [decline]" regardless of where in the dojo you were.

If you didn't get that pop up it was ether a bug or the other player didn't know what they were doing ether. It's typically the person who invited the other to their dojo's responsibility to initiate the trade. Because the other player's not going to know where that dojo's trading post is, cus it can be placed anywhere (Including out of bounds if the clan's designer(s) are idiots), there's no fast travel to it for some reason, and people will sometimes decorate it into being completely unrecognizable, And there's another thing (the vault) that looks identical to it. So even if you know what you're looking for it's not as simple as just looking for the trading post shaped object. If you invite someone to your clan dojo for a trade you better be knowin where it's trading post is.

They look like this btw
Trading_Post.png
And they have a map marker that basically looks like a silhouette of it

Trade tax is usually really small. I'm not even sure why the feature exists tbh. But no there's not really a way to see what it will be if it's not listed on the wiki. usually it's somewhere between a few hundred to a few thousand credits. Tho prime mods have an obscene trade tax of 1,000,000. Nothing should go higher than that. I don't think anything besides prime mods even breach 100,000 but I could be wrong.

It is possible for a clan owner to raise the trade tax for their trading post. There is not really much of a reason at all to do this tho besides just to be a jerk. so It's really uncommon to see a trading post with a raised tax.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

thanks so much for the very informative reply.
i was able to do a trade earlier (before reading this reply), but it would have made it way better. 
the one i traded with was patient enough to invite each other multiple times, dojos or Maroo's. 
what worked was i went to our dojo (for the nth time) and we saw each other, he initiated a trade and we're able to do the trade. 
it seemed like a natural thing to do, and what it should have been; he said it may have been one of the bugs, thus the issues with the past sellers, and earlier in our trade. 

i bought a prime warframe set, and i realized they were blueprints (for the frames and components), and i have to have the resources to craft them in the foundry. 
that was on me, i just thought that by buying with plat, i'd get the completed parts, and i would just do the final assembly in the foundry, add my slots and orokin if i want. 
though it was never mentioned, must be why it was cheap; but that was my probably unreasonable expectation with the low price. LOL. 

again, thanks for the reply. 
cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bathala_x said:

i bought a prime warframe set, and i realized they were blueprints (for the frames and components), and i have to have the resources to craft them in the foundry. 
that was on me, i just thought that by buying with plat, i'd get the completed parts, and i would just do the final assembly in the foundry, add my slots and orokin if i want. 
though it was never mentioned, must be why it was cheap; but that was my probably unreasonable expectation with the low price. LOL.

The game pretty heavily restricts what can and can't be traded. When it comes to prime parts, they're only tradable in the state they dropped out of the relic in. So if it's a blueprint, it can only be traded as a blueprint. Once it's crafted it's untradable. So it's not that it was cheap because they didn't craft it. It's that it couldn't be traded in it's crafted state at all.

The cost of primes on the market is gonna be largely determined by it's availability. If the prime is currently farmable it'll probably be in the 20-60p range depending on what it is and how rare it's parts are. If it's currently vaulted (IE relics that drop it's parts are currently unobtainable) then the price will likely go up to the 200p range if it's been vaulted for a while. Also depends on desirability and power, like some weapons that are pure garbage will just sit at 15-20p forever even if they've been vaulted for over a year. While some primes can be up in to 100p range while available, and can shoot up to as much as 500p when vaulted, if it's good and a lot of people want it.

Sometimes what's considered tradable or not is somewhat arbitrary so it's difficult to give a list of hard and fast rules on what the game does and doesn't allow.
Some weapon blueprints are tradable. Others aren't. Weapon parts are usually tradable, but if a weapon is made with parts instead of materials, that doesn't guarantee it's blueprint will be tradable as well.
For example Braton vandal and Sporothrix's blueprints and parts are tradable. But with Stropha and Shalta their parts are tradable but their blueprints aren't.
image.pngimage.png
*Note the lack of a blueprint on Stahlta's market listing vs Sporothrix. This is because you simply can't trade the blueprint for Stahlta.

When it comes to trading for gear you're usually always going to have to craft something tho. Unless it's a weapon sold by Baro or a syndicate. Also note that weapons that are tradable in their completed state like this become immediately untradable as soon as they're equipped.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1