Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Colour Palette.

Psyclosarin

DLC and microtransactions appeal to a broad audience. Just because you don't believe in the business practice does not invalidate it, and EA has stated that that particular audience is their largest market and that they will continue with even more 'cash shop' games in the future because of its success.

The game industry is volatile and always changing, expansion packs are the way of the past now.

EA is the most hated game company. Abandoning their core fans and tacking on multiplayer and micro-transactions to any game that has a gun in it.

The point isn't that someone doesn't like micro-transactions, the point is that there are companies who take it too far and people who play right into it.

Edited by FatalX7

The minority is often the loudest, but that does not make their words or money more relevant than the others. Yes, I hear plenty about people not liking EA, but there are many more who do not care about the debacle and continue to buy and play the games the company releases.

That is their primary audience, the casual gamer, and that is where they are seeing the market trend with profit. If microtransactions and tacked on multiplayer didn't turn a profit, it wouldn't be happening.

What you consider a bad purchase another person considers it good, what you consider too far may be a significant increase of profit to the publisher.

I like how we're not on the topic now, again.

So, removing the exploration and RPG aspects, the dialogue choices and character conversations of Mass Effect 3, pumping out massive amounts of DLC with no voice actors and shifting the entire focus is good? Yeah, you support it? Good to know.

Removing the darkness and horror of Dead Space, pumping out massive amounts of DLC that don't go beyond armor and weapons and shifting the entire focus to a cover-based multi-player with weapon crafting is good? Support that too? Good to know.

I can't even look at Battlefield and Crysis anymore.

But, there is one thing about Battlefield 3 and it's DLC. It was some time last year when I noticed it, but at that time it had around 300 dollars of downloadable content on the Xbox 360. This included a large amount of shortcut kits. Support that? Good to know.

Yes, all hail the Publisher, the very Publisher who once and still treats their employees like garbage.

Edited by FatalX7

Never said I support it, just saying that there is a reason they are doing it other than "being mean to the original fan base". Clearly you are passionate about these games, but unless you work at EA, i'm not sure you can say they actually treat their employees like garbage. Maybe they don't let the studios do justice to the games they are creating by tacking on features that are good for the market but not good for the original title, but the people working there are not all treated badly nor are they all getting fired right after the game is shipped.

EA has some questionable practices, but most publishers do. Its an industry out to make profit, and that doesn't always align with what a certain group of people want.

For on topic, I am in support of darker colors, but I don't really mind the dark greys we have now.

Whether or not you think I have to work at EA isn't the point.

Even a simple search on the internet will tell you about their lawsuits, how they treat their employees, how they liquidate their developers and lay off employees and verbally attack other developers for advertisements. *looks at Battlefield 3* But they were so quick to play it off as a joke when their game did horribly...

Are you trying to sound like you condone what they do? Just 'cause money they can do whatever? Okay.

But I'm done taking this off of the topic, I have a headache.

Edited by FatalX7

I'm saying that EA isn't the only one out there that does it, and not just limiting the game industry to these practices. Trying to make a profit in ways that might make some people angry isn't necessarily a problem. Their conduct in other matters is by no means a good thing though.

Its ironic because EA was founded on the principles of giving the actual developers credit and giving them control, but changing markets and cutthroat business changes the MO.

Just want to point out that EA is so despised because they charge you for stuff in a game you already paid retail for. Free to play games are obviously different because microtransactions are their only source of revenue.

Not their only source of income, just a major part. DE has it worse with no publisher.

Edited by G3rman

I'm saying that EA isn't the only one out there that does it, and not just limiting the game industry to these practices. Trying to make a profit in ways that might make some people angry isn't necessarily a problem. Their conduct in other matters is by no means a good thing though.

Its ironic because EA was founded on the principles of giving the actual developers credit and giving them control, but changing markets and cutthroat business changes the MO.

Not their only source of income, just a major part. DE has it worse with no publisher.

I said revenue, not income. You're technically right, though. FTP games can also receive revenue from things like in game ads and founder packages, so microtransactions aren't their only source.

Agree with what you're saying about Warframe being self-funded by DE making it even tougher for them, though. I imagine it makes their margins even tighter, particularly because Warframe has much higher production values than the vast majority of FTPs. That's something I don't think a lot of people take into account when they compare the business models of other FTPS to Warframe. Do they think that it takes the same amount of work to produce content for Warframe as it does LoL's Warcraft 3 level character models and its 2 or 3 maps that also look like they could be knocked out in a couple days with the WC3 map editor?

Edited by Sealgaire

What do you mean? My frames are black, from the palette (re)introduced recently.

I think people are talking about a pitch black. The kind that swallows all detail and generally looks terrible. The black in the saturated palette is as dark as I think I'd want to go.

I think people are talking about a pitch black. The kind that swallows all detail and generally looks terrible. The black in the saturated palette is as dark as I think I'd want to go.

what lol darker black does not look terrible, atm the rgb for the ones we currently have are around 37 blacks, with some minor discrpencies in each rgb value like 37 45 43 etc etc. I examined the palette before, idr their EXACT rgb values atm because it didn't warrant anything interesting because I already knew it wasn't normal or true black.

This is like a shade of dark gray or light black.

it's not even normal black. Normal black is 25 25 25

Pitch black is 0 0 0

Edited by BushidoCode

We already have the brightest white physically possible... I think in the ice blue section. I think several more shades of black that get insanely black would be cool. Also metallic, and camo colors but thats up to he devs. Edit: I am still willing to spend plat on these colors.

We already have the brightest white physically possible... I think in the ice blue section. I think several more shades of black that get insanely black would be cool. Also metallic, and camo colors but thats up to he devs. Edit: I am still willing to spend plat on these colors.

no black