The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Oh God The Framerate

Bionitech

Since I last logged in (which was a few months ago) I had been able to play Warframe just fine...but now with U11 Every time I log in everything, and I mean EVERYTHING LAGS. 

And I tested my connection plus active apps on my pc. Nothing seems to be wrong but here it was, me trying to shoot something at 10 FPS when I previously had about 25-35 fps pre-update. 

Did my hardware just become obsolete from that one update? (1 yr old gaming pc, MSI....REALLY? It's supposed to be good for 2-3 yrs and it can't even last a year anymore?)

Or is this more of a server issue? 

I'm more concerned that you think MSI is what controls how well your hardware performs. Overclock CPU, GPU, RAM and if you really want to get crazy; you can overclock your SSD if you have one. You should know what you are buying before you purchase a PC/Computer.  The most important component of a gaming PC is the video card which is what you should spend the most on.

Edit: Do not use a laptop for gaming. If you want a small gaming computer use a Mini-ITX form-factor. Full power of a desktop with enough mobility to make it a portable power house.  

Edited by Mythblaze

I don't know what those things do, are they even necessary to have? Or is it just gibberish that needs to be shut off immediately?

The threading option was adding for multi-core machines to perform better in the game. It helps most people, but some people it does seem to cause problems.

DirectX 11 has just been a source of some crashing so I suggested it may cause your lag, too.

Since I last logged in (which was a few months ago) I had been able to play Warframe just fine...but now with U11 Every time I log in everything, and I mean EVERYTHING LAGS. 

And I tested my connection plus active apps on my pc. Nothing seems to be wrong but here it was, me trying to shoot something at 10 FPS when I previously had about 25-35 fps pre-update. 

Did my hardware just become obsolete from that one update? (1 yr old gaming pc, MSI....REALLY? It's supposed to be good for 2-3 yrs and it can't even last a year anymore?)

Or is this more of a server issue?

The new hosting system might be to blame if the multithreading toggle doesn't work for you.

Under the new system: the person with the best computer/connection combo will be chosen as the host rather than the creator of the room. If you have the best combo each time you will be host each time. Hosting can put a serious drain on your framerate. When I'm not host (very, very rare) I end up with ~140fps solid. When I host it drops as low as ~55fps during heavy survival, defense, and mobile defense missions.

I'm more concerned that you think MSI is what controls how well your hardware performs. Overclock CPU, GPU, RAM and if you really want to get crazy; you can overclock your SSD if you have one. You should know what you are buying before you purchase a PC/Computer.  The most important component of a gaming PC is the video card which is what you should spend the most on.

Edit: Do not use a laptop for gaming. If you want a small gaming computer use a Mini-ITX form-factor. Full power of a desktop with enough mobility to make it a portable power house.  

Hey laptops are awesome! Mine works just fine, and isnt lagging or framerate issueing...

in this day and age of technology and computers....

that statement makes me sad.

People need to understand that not everyone can be a computer expert. When I DID pick out my gaming pc I had to become proficient with knowing what made everything tick. I haven't had to deal with stuff for a long time so forgive me if I sound like I'm tech illiterate. Gaming hasn't been my focus since I entered a grueling and time consuming curriculum. 

So explain to me like I'm 5. What is multithreading, and how can I turn it off? 

in this day and age of technology and computers....

that statement makes me sad.

where do you live? i'm actually surprised that you didn't expect this, 90% of people have no idea that gpu performance isn't related to vram size, you see so many people knowing stuff about computers because they gather up in a few places from all over the world, just go on the street asking young people what is a motherboard... i bet they will look at you like... wth is wrong with this guy

as for the OP, something that i haven't noticed in the comments are cleaning registies, sometimes windows gets bugged and registry cleaners fix some problems, try to download eusing free registry cleaner and ccleaner, then clean your pc and restart, worth to try

So explain to me like I'm 5. What is multithreading, and how can I turn it off? 

I did that above.  XD

In all seriousness you should turn multi-threading ON not off.  When you launch the game you'll see in the launcher a small gear looking like icon you can click on the upper right.  When you click that you'll see a grey menu box come up.  Make sure multi-threaded rendering is checked off.

It should improve your performance lots.

Good luck.  Sorry I was horsing around before.  ;)

So the multi-threaded rendering is under "runtime tesselation" correct? Because I don't see a feature in the settings that tells it (unless it's under a different name)

After this I will seriously need to sit down and crack a few webpages open to get up to snuff on my computing skills. I'm feeling embarrassed just by asking whether or not directX has been an issue for me xD

So the multi-threaded rendering is under "runtime tesselation" correct? Because I don't see a feature in the settings that tells it (unless it's under a different name)

After this I will seriously need to sit down and crack a few webpages open to get up to snuff on my computing skills. I'm feeling embarrassed just by asking whether or not directX has been an issue for me xD

in the game launcher next to language selection there's a... wheel, click on it and downside there should be multi-threaded rendering, uncheck that one, unchecking directx11 is also a good thing, the game will run on directx9 which is better for performance, if this still doesn't work try what i said earlier, download and scan registries with eusing free registry cleaner and ccleaner, clean them then restart and try running the game again

So in the launcher instead of in-game settings. Got it

You do know that the launcher is the relatively smaller rectangular box that has the blue "play" button on it right?  Look on the upper right hand corner and click the gear like icon and you should see the setting for multi threaded rendering there.

After that.  Press play and take a look at your settings under display.  Some of the ones like local reflection, bloom, motion blur are ones you can play with to improve your framerate.  

Good luck and Godspeed.  May the framerate be with you.  Always...