Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Resource Loot Better Findable.

aMannus

I and a few people I play with have had the problem a lot lately that either you don't even realise a material dropped from a container but you accidentily picked it up or something. This is going to be a suggestion apart from an UI suggestion about making that more visual, but about the actual item pickup.

For example, show loot on your radar if you're close by. Make the drops transparant or give them a small particle effect like with mods when you picked them up already, so that it's easy/easier to pinpoint to others where the material actually went. Or even set a waypoint for every player that's relatively closeby to the material and let that waypoint follow it incase it flies away because of the sometimes weird physics.

Different skins for different materials would also be nice, instead of having the 'black-orange' box for almost everything. They all need to be easily seen and detectable though, but I think that speaks for itself.

I realise this could be an art & animation subject instead, but since it could be improved with waypoints or the radar I chose to put it under Gameplay Feedback.

EDIT: Oh, and for blueprints it would be freaking sweet to have a replacement model/skin as well, since they're like half transparent. They blend in with the environment so well it's hard to spot them at times.

Edited by aMannus

Different skins for different materials would also be nice, instead of having the 'black-orange' box for almost everything.

There's actually two skins, that I know of, a blue-black with a shape similar to the potatoes and the one you said.

Just one thing needed - picked up items log, in chat or on other side.

As I sort of hinted at in the OP, UI changes are neccesary but there's already plenty of good suggestions about these. This is a suggestion for 'before' you or a teammate picked up a resource. Both are just as important to make clear what's on the ground and what's being picked up.

There's actually two skins, that I know of, a blue-black with a shape similar to the potatoes and the one you said.

Yes, I know. I think it's for Ferrite and I think one more material or so. But that model/skin has the same problem. It's almost impossible to find it if you don't walk over it accidentily. It hasn't been a problem yet because nobody really cares about that material, but it can be a serious problem if the material becomes important and people have to search for it.

What is wrong with the Loot Radar warframe mod? Works fine for me. You are told what is picked up and if it is valuable you can set a waypoint for other squad members to locate it.

Yes, they are perfect for finding containers. But not for actually locating the loot itself since that still doesn't show the resource that's on the ground. Especially in team play it's sometimes a pain to actually pinpoint the material because it flew out of the container but you picked it up already. Or if you didn't pick it up while it flew away, you have to search the area again to know where the darn material went.

Not to mention that it would still be nice to have different models/skins for the different resources. A loot radar won't help you with that, ever.

Edited by aMannus

I think a log of stuff picked up would be fantastic. But I want to this during a mission. FireFall has a community made addon called a Omni Tracker. It keeps track of the loot you pick up in real time. You can easily dock or undock it from your HUD. It is fantastic.

http://www.firefallt...2-p2-jpg.14389/

And in WarFrame if you pick up something and don't realize it, you will probably not mark it for other squad members to pick up. This happens for me every single game. If I open a locker and stand next to it while the contents spill out, then I often don't see everything I am picking up--especially if I am under fire.

A similar loot tracker would be a great addition that could help foster more group dynamics.

Edited by RawGritz

Personally I think it shouldn't NEED to be a manual marking system. Make it autoMAGIC that when you find a mod it marks it on the map for everyone and it gets removed from your map as soon as it gets picked up. Saves explaining to newbies how to mark, saves the frustration of searching every crack and corner when some anti-social player refuses to mark anything.

Personally I think it shouldn't NEED to be a manual marking system. Make it autoMAGIC that when you find a mod it marks it on the map for everyone and it gets removed from your map as soon as it gets picked up. Saves explaining to newbies how to mark, saves the frustration of searching every crack and corner when some anti-social player refuses to mark anything.

Your suggestion kills a piece of the group dynamic. I'm totally against the game just blindly auto marking anything. It would clutter your screen unnecessarily, anyway.

Give me a loot tracker so I can better relay to the squad what I am finding. That way I can tell them in teamspeak or in-game voip and they can decide if they want to get it. Teamwork!

And in WarFrame if you pick up something and don't realize it, you will probably not mark it for other squad members to pick up. This happens for me every single game. If I open a locker and stand next to it while the contents spill out, then I often don't see everything I am picking up--especially if I am under fire.

A similar loot tracker would be a great addition that could help foster more group dynamics.

This is basically what I tried to say. It's not the log that I'm after, it's the actual ingame showing of the loot and a possible automatic/dynamic tracker which shows players where loot is without using waypoints. Sure, the UI needs work, but that's being adressed in plenty of other topics already. This is about how to make teamwork regarding picking up loot better and more fluent. Telling your teammates that there 'might' be Rubedo while you're not sure if you really saw a black/orange box fly out, with the teammates searching the entire area as a result, is not how it's supposed to be.

Your suggestion kills a piece of the group dynamic. I'm totally against the game just blindly auto marking anything. It would clutter your screen unnecessarily, anyway.

Give me a loot tracker so I can better relay to the squad what I am finding. That way I can tell them in teamspeak or in-game voip and they can decide if they want to get it. Teamwork!

Although I partly agree with you (my first problem arised from playing with people over Teamspeak), I do think there can be an implementation of something that still encourages that. As I sort of said before, even making resources stand out more and keep the 'sparkle' around resources if the player already picked it up, to both make it easier to spot AND to know where it is after you picked it up, can already accomplish something similar, while still keeping teamplay in mind.

Edited by aMannus

Nah. I think everyone should get their own loot tracker so they can communicate with the squad what was picked up. I like that best. I don't need any other crutches but the loot tracker. I think just automatically showing where all loot is located will create lazy taciturn squad mates. And I think DE wants the opposite--where squads are encouraged to communicate and coordinate.

Edited by RawGritz

Nah. I think everyone should get their own loot tracker so they can communicate with the squad what was picked up. I like that best. I don't need any other crutches but the loot tracker. I think just automatically showing where all loot is located will create lazy taciturn squad mates. And I think DE wants the opposite--where squads are encouraged to communicate and coordinate.

Making a resource have a different skin and model and make them sparkle like mods doesn't remove any of the teamwork involved though. I'm against autotrackers for everyone as well, and I do think a loot tracker is useful. I just think they need to do slightly more than that since it's not only the problem of 'What did you pick up?' but also the problem you can't precisely pinpoint the resource after you picked it up for your teammates anymore.

I think what they did already with mods is perfect for that (although again, loot tracker would be nice), they just need to translate it to resources as well.

Making a resource have a different skin and model and make them sparkle like mods doesn't remove any of the teamwork involved though. I'm against autotrackers for everyone as well, and I do think a loot tracker is useful. I just think they need to do slightly more than that since it's not only the problem of 'What did you pick up?' but also the problem you can't precisely pinpoint the resource after you picked it up for your teammates anymore.

I think what they did already with mods is perfect for that (although again, loot tracker would be nice), they just need to translate it to resources as well.

Ok. Agreed. A loot tracker solves part of the problem, like you said. It will keep track of what we get. But the waypoint system could be enhanced with some sort of markers that indicate up or down as in levels or floors. Also, why does the waypoint disappear so quickly? Why can we only put one? And why does it not say who's way point it is? So if "The Dorito Monk" says he marked Rubedo and "KeeYow Baby" said he marked Affinity we will then know which to go to for what pick up.

Or waypoints could function the exact same way mission "!" waypoints work. They move as you get close to them to guide you to the mission objective. Personal waypoints could definitely benefit from this same mechanic.

Edited by RawGritz

on the bottom of the screen you get told what you picked up.

pickups.jpg

Rolls by real fast and often gets backed up with credit (who cares past first Earth acess), engery/health/ammo full or +s, and such. It can be easy to miss critical pickups in the middle of that such as Rubedo. A log of Foundry material pickups would not be a bad thing.

Ok. Agreed. A loot tracker solves part of the problem, like you said. It will keep track of what we get. But the waypoint system could be enhanced with some sort of markers that indicate up or down as in levels or floors. Also, why does the waypoint disappear so quickly? Why can we only put one? And why does it not say who's way point it is? So if "The Dorito Monk" says he marked Rubedo and "KeeYow Baby" said he marked Affinity we will then know which to go to for what pick up.

I lol'd xD. The idea of having personal markers is a great one though. Maybe give them different colors or something similar with a small nametag above it as you said.

Rolls by real fast and often gets backed up with credit (who cares past first Earth acess), engery/health/ammo full or +s, and such. It can be easy to miss critical pickups in the middle of that such as Rubedo. A log of Foundry material pickups would not be a bad thing.

Again this is what the community made add-on in FireFall looks like. It's the list to the right on the HUD http://www.firefallt...2-p2-jpg.14389/

Itemizes all your loot picked up. Super simple and immensely helpful, moreso in WarFrame when others in the squad may have missed some key loot. If it's itemized then you can see it to tell your buddies in-game

Edited by RawGritz

Eh you could have filters on stuff you want to collect so it doesnt mark plastids or polymer bundles or it JUST marks rubedo/alloy plates. Just because I suggested it automark doesnt mean it has to automark EVERYTHING for everyone. They could make it so it only auto-marks for everyone that would want to pick that resource up. but everyone wants mods.... or whatever they will be by the next update.

It resets the list to the beginning every time you pick something up then it goes on in the normal way.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I think the amount loot log that we have at the moment is crude.

1. Credit drop in separate pieces.

2. 2-3 skins for loot.

3. No loot filter.

Credit should drop in 'single pack'. When you open a locker, shoot mook's head, etc - there should be one piece of credit dropped, not a shower of them. Credit drop do affect by lag and unneccessarily increase burden on P2P network. They also make your log filled with tiny amount of credit which for all we know, useless.

So, 2nd problem. We have about 3 skin for loots. Black piece of potato, Red mineral, and credit-like circuit. If we have more skin it'd be easier to differentiate the loot.

Loot filter. Why bother with salvage/spore which you have in 10k? Loot filter is an alternative to solve this trouble. Choose what you want to see from option and be done with it.

Again this is what the community made add-on in FireFall looks like. It's the list to the right on the HUD http://www.firefallt...2-p2-jpg.14389/

Itemizes all your loot picked up. Super simple and immensely helpful, moreso in WarFrame when others in the squad may have missed some key loot. If it's itemized then you can see it to tell your buddies in-game

Firefall is also a much more robust game; don't think Warframe has capability for such community mods atm.

Edited by Volume