Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Nerf

BlkRobedMage

Flux is not really ruined. It just got a specialization.

I had a flux with a catalyst and 5 forma. After the new update hit, I did a little bit of moving mods around and (if we were to believe the arsenal stats) ended up with ~1.2k slash damage, ~900 electric (still need to get +poison) and 2.4k blast damage. This thing is not even fully mod-optimized and already melts lvl 40+ ancients in about a second, not talking about the great cc capabilities of the blast combo. And you can choose to go for other combinations, like viral (-max health).

Another example is synapse with full on magnetic (-max shield), It just tears up corpus like there's no tomorrow.

Basically what I found is that you can easily make a faction-specific weapon configuration that absolutely obliterates it, or try going for a weapon that's mediocre-good against more than one.

Edited by Xydrael

they released armor 2.0 without balancing the weapons because it would take weeks to balance it right. because they released it now, all of us can test it and say what weapons need nerfs/buffs.

you all didn´t think that with armor 2.0 all weapons would be balanced at the instant, right?

serration, heavy caliber, split chamber, cleanse infested, shred, wildfire, hellfire, shredder(i think?) can basically let u spin in a circle with the left mouse button held down to kill everything in the room for survival for a good 30mins or so in eris. nerfed? uhh i wouldnt exactly say that now....

The problem with weapon or frame nerfing by DE is that they nerf it to the ground. No balance at all, just take most OP weapons and nerf the into oblivion.

I dont care for the nerfs personally, there is alot of other weapons, but DE should be more sensible with nerfing. Remember Rhino nerf and almost killing the frame with it?

IMO, it's a good idea to add Corrosive to Flux. Flux's Slash damage deals 1.5x to Flesh and Infested, but 0.5x to Robotics. Giving it Corrosive adds a 1.75x multiplier against Armor and counteracts Slash's Robotics deficiency with Corrosive's own 1.5x boost against the same target. Plus, the Armor damage proc is pretty useful on its own.

Now that everyone's favorite OP kill all trololol weapon is balanced (Balanced, Not Useless.), People cry useless. Good lord people.

Lowering base damage is balancing. Throwing away a trait that made it a high mastery weapon is nerfing it.

I can agree that it was OP, but it had serious limitations to begin with. Dropping "Ignore Armor" from this weapon was a mistake. Now, its on par with maybe Dera at the most. How many players not only contributed to the research but the weapon itself and all the time re-Forma-ing it just to have it nerfed to a point that its only useable in specific situations at best.

Edited by DarkMagi

Flux is not really ruined. It just got a specialization.

I had a flux with a catalyst and 5 forma. After the new update hit, I did a little bit of moving mods around and (if we were to believe the arsenal stats) ended up with ~1.2k slash damage, ~900 electric (still need to get +poison) and 2.4k blast damage. This thing is not even fully mod-optimized and already melts lvl 40+ ancients in about a second, not talking about the great cc capabilities of the blast combo. And you can choose to go for other combinations, like viral (-max health).

Another example is synapse with full on magnetic (-max shield), It just tears up corpus like there's no tomorrow.

Basically what I found is that you can easily make a faction-specific weapon configuration that absolutely obliterates it, or try going for a weapon that's mediocre-good against more than one.

can you tell me what mods you have on your Flux aside from Split Chamber and Serration?