Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kanaah the Orokin ex-engineer, and her shop

lukinu_u

So, I designed a character and also had some cool items and arcanes ideas, so I decided to merge both and make the character as a merchant for said items.

Existing in an unsure space-time location, Kanaah used to be an engineer in the Orokin empire before its colapse. She survived the old work and spent her life researching new technology. The lack of experimentation of her prototypes made most of her work obsolete, but you might be the solution to this exact problem.

0.png

See the tweet for more pictures : https://twitter.com/lukinu_u/status/1635917502751334401

QUEST
This quest serves as an introduction to Kanaah’s shop. It can be started after completing the New War by finding a damaged Orokin device, randomly spawning on the post-war Plains of Eidolons.

After finding it, you receive the following message :

« To anyone who read this, I could have figured out space-time travel, I guess ? This device is barely working but in theory, you should be able to charge this thing with a large concentration of void energy and open a temporary breach in space-time, a bit like those void guys and their “void fissure”, or whatever you call them, except you would travel to my location, if it work… This is purely speculation but it could work, so why not try ? 
- Cheers, Kanaah»
With  the Tropos attached in the message, an Orokin secondary weapon you will need for the quest.

Quick description of the Tropos because it plays an important role in the quest : The Tropos shoots a void beam with primary fire, while the secondary shoots a plasma ball that can be charged by shooting with the primary fire to open void breaches.

After receiving the message, you have to run a void fissure mission, and open a void breach (with the weapon) while the gun is under the effect of a void fissure corruption. Fissures created this way can be interacted with (with interact key) to teleport to Kanaah’s place.

Once you go there, she will talk to you :
« Oh hey, you are the first one to come here and this is not the first Tropos I sent, so I’m not sure if it’s the first one that work or if you’re the first to figure out how to charge it, so… congrats I guess ?
Let me take a look and see how you did that *take a look* Oh… you… killed people with it. You weren’t supposed to but, that’s interesting… mmh… let me take away this… and that… Ok ! Now it should be deadlier, and I could improve that even more and if you help me gather some additional data. I’ll send you what I need, come back to me when you have these. »

The weapon now deals more damage and the next step is to complete the challenge and come back to Kanaah to get the next upgrade : Kill 10 enemies with the weapon while it has the void fissure corruption.

After this, you need to complete the 3 other levels of the challenge, with respectively 25, 50 and 100 enemies to kill.

Once you returns and get the final upgrade to the weapon, Kanaah talks to you :
« Ok, all you did with that… portal beam you managed to use as a gun was… really impressive so I have a deal, I have plenty of prototypes that need actual testing, so how about you help me on that and I give them to you once they work ? I only do this for science so, I get to prove my theories and you get more pew pew, it’s a win-win I guess ?
They need more work tho, so expect me to ask for a lot more data on these ones, ok ? »

From there you can extract and the quest is done. After this you can visit Kanaah whenever you want with the Tropos and get full access to her shop.

KANAAH’S SHOP
After the quest, Kanaah will offer any item of her shop for free, but will ask your help on the prototype.
Every item from the shop has 6 ranks (from 0 to 5) and you will need to accomplish the 5 stages of the challenge to reach the max potential, permanently own it, and get to choose another one.
You can return the selected item at any moment ( before it reaches rank 5) to choose another one, but you will lose any progression on it.

Tropos (Secondary) :
A seemingly inoffensive tool initially created to open void breaches for travel, but transformed into a deadly beam gun. Secondary fire shoots unstable plasma that can be charged with intense void energy to crack open a breach in space time.
Primary fire shoot a void beam. Secondary fire shoots a ball that sticks on enemies and walls. Shooting at the ball with primary fire will open a void breach and apply random status to surrounding enemies. Void breaches opened while the weapon is affected by the void fissure corruption can be used to travel to Kanaah’s shop.
The weapon doesn’t need to be strong since it’s mainly a tool for travel to Kanaah’s shop, but giving some unique mechanics and the ability to trigger all status with a bit of a setup can make it an interesting status primer.
Challenge (quest) : Kill 0/10/25/50/100 enemies while the weapon is affected by the void fissure corruption.

Kanaah’s Ceremonial Polearm (Melee) :
An old polearm from Kanaah’s family. The stories say it contains the will of its preview wielders, but Kanaah thinks it can be explained by science and more importantly, could enhance your Warframes if understood.
While no other weapon is equipped : every combo level adds a ghost copy of your last attack (up to 1/3/5/7/9/11 at max combo).
The effect is quite strong on its own, but it requires you to only have the polearm equipped to work, and the stats of the weapon itself can be adjusted to make it work.
Challenge : Survive 5m/10min/20min/40min/60min in Steel Path Mot (Void), without using (warframe) abilities and only equipped with the polearm.

Artificial Sentience Bolt :
 Gives artificial sentience to any Warframe (can be toggled in arsenal) Your sentient warframe will deal -50%/+0%/+50%/+100%/+150%/+200% for the first 10s/0s/2s/3s/4s/5s after transference, extended by 1s per Operator kill.

The item simply gives the Umbra sentience to other warframes of your choice, with an extra damage buff with duration based on how well you “cooperate” with it.
The item is single use and the challenges need to be done individually for each Warframe..
Challenge : Kill 10/50/100/250/500 enemies with the help of your warframe (the final blow needs to come from either your autonomous Warframe or Operator, with both of them participating).

Helminth Stabilizer :
Allow a second subsume ability, but reduce all power stats by 100%/95%/90%/75%/50%/25%.
A second helminth ability can be extremely strong, which justifies the -25% power stats in my opinion. The debuff is additive with mods, which allows you to somewhat counter it in the necessary areas, with smart modding.
Like the Artificial Sentience Bolt, it is single use and the challenges need to be done individually for each Warframe.
Challenge : Kill 15/30/75/150/300 enemies with the second subsumed ability.

Arcane Devour (Warframe) :
+0/+10/+20/+30/+40/+50 energy per kill, -25 energy drained per second.

The goal is to provide an easy and reliable source of energy for aggressive play styles but prevent any way of storing it.
Challenge : Hit enemies with 10/50/250/500/2500 abilities (the use of energy restores from you or allies prevents any progress of the challenge during the mission).

Arcane Guardian Angel (Warframe) :
Lethal damages on allies are redirected to you and reduced by 0%/35%/45%/55%/65%/75%. (Do not trigger if it would kill you).

In a fast paced game like warframe, you cannot really move in front of your allies to protect them, so this arcane is meant to provide this tank role by taking incoming damage for them if they are about to die.
Challenge : Negate 500/5000/50k/500k/5M damage for allies with the arcane.

Arcane Chrysalis (Warframe) :
Armor no longer reduces damage, but instead splits your health in portions that can’t be depleted in one hit. Every 600/500/400/300/200/100 armor point adds a health gate segment.
The arcane brings a different way of using armor that makes heavy hits easier to tank, but can be dangerous against large enemy groups of fast firing weapons.
Challenge : Negate 5000/500k/50M/500M/50B damage with the arcane.

Arcane Sharpshooter (Primary) :
0%/20%/40%/60%/80%100% chance to force a critical hit on headshot, -2000% critical chance.

The arcane replaces critical chance with another layer of headshot multiplier, allowing low crit chance weapons to shine with good aim.
Challenge : Kill 5/10/25/50/100 targets in succession with headshots, without missing a hit.

Arcane Waste (Primary) :
Consume the entire magazine per shot and add +0%/+5%/+10%/+15%/+20%/+25% damage per bullet consumed (direct damage only).

In short, it transform any weapon into a sniper that gets deadlier and worse in ammo economy, for each additional bullet in the magazine, but get a reduced damage/ammo ratio. The ammo capacity takes mods into account at your own risk. The bonus only apply to direct damage (not AoE).
Challenge : One shot 10 enemies of level 50/70/80/100/120 with arcane equipped weapon.

Arcane Sting (Secondary) :
+0%/+400%/+800%/+1200%/+1600%/+2000% status duration, -80% status damage.

The goal is to greatly increase the total damage from status effect at the cost of effectiveness over a short period while also giving more value to control status like cold.
Challenge : Applies 10/25/50/75/100 unique status simultaneously (multiple stacks of the same status on the same enemy don’t count, but the same status on different enemies does count).

Arcane Second Wind (Secondary) :
Every kill while bleeding out has a +0.5%/+1%/+1.5%/+2%/+2.5%/+3% chance to revive you, allies can’t revive you anymore.

The arcane gives you a second chance while downed but prevents allies from helping, which sounds like a fair tradeoff, especially as the used arcane slot prevents any damage arcane at high level.
Challenge : Revive yourself with the arcane 5/10/25/50/100 times.

Magus Sacrifice (Operator) : 
Damage dealt and taken by operator increases by 20%/s during and transference, and decrease at the same rate while controlling your Warframe. The damage dealt is capped at +0%/+100%/+200%/+300%/+400%/+500% but the damage received isn’t.

This arcane brings a double edged glass canon gameplay to Operators by increasing both the damage dealt and received. The dynamic nature of the buff/debuff makes it easy to control mid-game with a bit of practice. Since the damage received isn't capped, you need to manage your transference time to keep the maximum buff with minimal debuff.
Challenge : Deal 5000/500k/50M/500M/50B damage while the damage received is higher than the damage increase (depending on the current damage increase cap).

Magus Void Coat (Operator) :
Transference now have a 90s cooldown (From Warframe to Operator only) but 1% of damage dealt as operator is converted to extra shield capacity, decaying by 64%/32%/16%/8%/4%/2% per second. While the extra shield is active, your parkour gains void properties.

This arcane is meant for people who don't like Operator gameplay, by trading their (possible) frequent use for more survivability. The shield also gives your parkour (bullet jump and slides) void properties to avoid locking certain missions objective behind a 90s cooldown.
Challenge : Absorb 500/2500/15k/50k/100k damage with a single shield activation.

Archived