The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

Just now, Mazifet said:

Yes, it did have some bugs on launch (the majority of which were quickly fixed) but the comment I was responding to stated that it was released in a horrible state, which is just false.

If you compare it to something like Cyberpunk 2077's launch, which was horrible, Elden Ring's issues are minor.

It's still horrible for a triple A game to have such problems 

1 minute ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You people need to chill, have some boba pizza

We are simply conversing about the game, the things we do not like, the expectations and how things are. 

I think Duviri is a decisive moment for the team. Right now the pressure is ULTRA HIGH for DE. 

Just now, TheArmchairThinker said:

It's still horrible for a triple A game to have such problems 

Ok, when referring to horrible bugs, people usually are thinking about bugs that make the game completely unplayable, not stuttering here and there.

Just now, Mazifet said:

Ok, when referring to horrible bugs, people usually are thinking about bugs that make the game completely unplayable, not stuttering here and there.

True. 

DE can't have the luxury of a junk release. If they have an unplayable build and a divided community then that would be THE perfect storm for the developer. The game will bleed players like NO TOMORROW. 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

Easy. 

Speed thrusting, combo warping and mlti jump using directional bullet jump, odd camera view positioning in simultaneous action against the enemy, melee weapon momentum impulse, fast parkour, 4 abilities combo using multiple in combination, duo game play of tenno/drifter and warframe. Mod configuration of weapons and warframe. Skill tree selection affinity of warframe and tenno. 

Which majority of them didn't exist until update 17 such as speed thrusting and bullet jump. Drifter gameplay is similar to release Warframe without double jump and all parkour stuff which is easier to familiarize to players who are used to generic shooter

3 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Crashing, failed launcher initialization, black/white screen, invisible enemies and controller not working are not bugs that make the game completely unplayable?

6 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Which majority of them didn't exist until update 17 such as speed thrusting and bullet jump. Drifter gameplay is similar to release Warframe without double jump and all parkour stuff which is easier to familiarize to players who are used to generic shooter

Wait, you asked me define Warframe gameplay. I did. 

The best period of the game happened in 2018. That was the peak of this game. People agreed that Warframe was unique and successful for what it offered. Then Railjack became a bad sour in everyone's mouth. We never got the fidelity of the Tennocon simulated game play, the release was junk and still up to this date, Railjak is incomplete without the feature DE showed in that Tennocon. 

Yes, Warframe is well known for the fast parkour and gameplay. Duviri is just testing the waters for Soul Frame and telling us gently, "PREPARE YOURSELF, this is a free game, we are stripping your powers, Warframes will no longer be used". 

Just now, Felsagger said:

Wait, you asked me define Warframe gameplay. I did. 

The best period of the game happened in 2018. That was the peak of this game. People agreed that Warframe was unique and successful for what it offered. Then Railjack became a bad sour in everyone's mouth. We never got the fidelity of the Tennocon simulated game play, the release was junk and still up to this date, Railjak is incomplete without the feature DE showed in that Tennocon. 

Yes, Warframe is well known for the fast parkour and gameplay. Duviri is just testing the waters for Soul Frame and telling us gently, "PREPARE YOURSELF, this is a free game, we are stripping your powers, Warframes will no longer will be used". 

Depends on who you ask, railjack is working well enough and it's a matter of time until they can stitch everything together (how's star citizen now?)

Warframes will no longer will be used? You missed the part where you play in duviri with warframes for endless missions?

Depends on who you ask, railjack is working well enough and it's a matter of time until they can stitch everything together (how's star citizen now?)

Warframes will no longer will be used? You missed the part where you play in duviri with warframes for endless missions?

No, it was fatal for EVERYBODY AT LAUNCH. 

Proof: 

5 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You can't use the warframe everywhere. It is restricted. Yes you can use it on a game mode but NOT for roaming or any other type of level exploration. 

DE is preparing the road for a transition. 

2 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Who's everybody? My neighbor is happy with railjack at launch and enjoy it until now so and who's this? Someone who happens to be loud by making video on YouTube?

Disagree. That video perfectly resumes the events during railjack launch. Sorry, it's hard to turn on that dime. 

Besides I can't argue with personal experience. It's subjective. I'm simply stating facts as they happened. 

You can't use the warframe everywhere. It is restricted. Yes you can use it on a game mode but NOT for roaming or any other type of level exploration. 

DE is preparing the road for a transition. 

Depends on how it goes on release, if circuit has no difference  it would be duviri paradox but with warframe while the rest being drifter only mode

Depends on how it goes on release, if circuit has no difference  it would be duviri paradox but with warframe while the rest being drifter only mode

There are three modes. However warframes CAN'T be used in Duviri the way you use them in Fortuna, Deimos or PoE

Fact. 

3 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Disagree. That video perfectly resumes the events during railjack launch. Sorry, it's hard to turn on that dime. 

Besides I can't argue with personal experience. It's subjective. I'm simply stating facts as they happened. 

Then it's not a fact it's fatal for everybody. My neighbor would be as sour as the others if it's "everybody"

Then it's not a fact it's fatal for everybody. My neighbor would be as sour as the others if it's "everybody"

Subjectivity. Personal experiences are not proven facts like data recollecting such as in the video, sorry. The video is a strict fact. 

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Fact. 

Oh, you've tried it in circuit mode?

Subjectivity. Personal experiences are not proven facts like data recollecting such as in the video, sorry. 

Where's the data collected? What's the proof when it's already not fatal for everybody and you insist it's for everybody despite there are players who are happy about it?

Oh, you've tried it in circuit mode?

We are talking with the evidence that we have up to now. We don't know the full extend of the update. 

But is rare that there were no game play videos of this update made by other users in a testing outside of DE. 

2 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I'm not sure that they have ever legitimately tried to fix the base game.

They rarely adjust the true top end gear and usually just make adjustments when something is hitting grotesque play numbers or being used in an exploitive manner for AFKing. Instead of getting balance from the ends, we often feel like we are being balanced from the middle where they're picking things to adjust based on not liking how they work instead of where they sit in the hierarchy.

Let me continue discussing these points here. 

That is completely true because when things are launched they are not properly tested. Fundamental stuff like that needs playtesting. Somehow the power creeping is way too much. 

They rarely experiment with any kind of increase in difficulty beyond some number bumps and never go back to fix their "end game" modes like Arbitrations when clear design flaws inhibit the challenge the mode is supposed to make (or scale the mode up to meet "end game" levels as the years go on) - high level modes are basically all time gated or limited and offered very seldomly (fixed a little bit over the last year but please keep working on it - Archon Hunts for example have modifiers that actually make you stay near your team a bit and conserve energy, but we only get that once a week for a few minutes?). Evergreen game modes have had the same maps and modes in them for years even though we literally have new maps and modes they could tap into and have for a long time.

Completely true, we have the same maps for a long time. Some of these maps are almost 10 years old. Other maps are 5 years old. At least a passover for the main maps that everybody uses would be great. 

They never seem to do revisions to the revisions so when they do an oopsie and make one status type far stronger than the others, there's seemingly no going back to fix it while it's still fresh.. The same story with damage attenuation (revision coming after Veilbreaker??), AoE changes (revision mentioned, never followed through on), it's like stuff gets a quick pass and it's done.

There have been like.. 2 attempts I can think of to address the main game with AoE changes and Overguard in the last year which are nice but they would need to keep moving on it and making progress, rather than sporadically making a change here or there.

I recognize that there's a sentiment that the power creep has been out of control for a long time and that's definitely true, but I don't think that D.E. has actually really tried enough to conclude that they can't, to me I just get signals that they're not really interested in trying to find out if they can.

This is why people are way skeptic with Duviri paradox. It can be good but judging by the events that happened in PoE, fortuna and Dimos this could be the fate for these open worlds. 

And this one video is a fact for everyone? What about my neighbor who played railjack on launch and sees no problem? Is that a fact too?

You are arguing just for the sake of arguing. Don't worry, eat your pizza, enjoy your coffee. Believe what you want. 

Archived