The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Re-rolled

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Ok I think this riven is pretty good. Cost me around 300k Kuva ugh. But it really boosted my sporelacer secondary performance. Took it in SP survival and did pretty well, seemed to out damage my Zarr.

Old riven was +85% impact, +145% damage, -20% zoom. Everyone was hating on the Impact so I decided to ditch it.

My sporelacer is a Crit build and this gives me MS, Damage and neg SC which I really didn't care about.

Thoughts?

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

11 answers to this question

Ehh. Kinda depends on your build.

If you're using a max rank SP arcane, and galvanized multishot mod, then that riven may not be worth using (I.e. you may get a bigger dps boost from a completely different mod).

Max rank SP arcane (max stacks): 360% damage. So adding that riven pushes it up to 498.5%, which is a 38.5% (multiplicative) increase.

Glavanized hell (max stacks): 230% multishot. So adding the riven brings it up to 306.6%, which is a 33.3% (multiplicative) increase.

So roughly, the mod gives an 85% dps increase. Compared to a primed elemental mod which provides (up to) 165% dps increase, the riven falls a long way short. 

It's up to you as to whether or not you feel that's an accurate assessment for your situation/playstyle. But if you have a full understanding of how to properly evaluate riven mods in your builds, you'll likely stay clear of any rivens with "base damage", as there's already many other much higher source/s of base damage, as such, having even more of it is generally useless (and ever since the introduction of galvanized mods, multishot is also far less useful than it used to be on rivens).

Just my 2 cents.

4 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Compared to a primed elemental mod

Not sure what primed mods you're referring to  i only have P Pistol Gambit, P Target Cracker, P Heated Charge, P Slip Mag Primed Fulmination and for faction I have expel grineer, infested and corpus. I'm using the first three in the list

PPG, PTC, PHC, lethal torrent, convulsion, Galv Diffusion and Deep Freeze. Suppress in exilus.

Edit: this is a secondary 

4 hours ago, L3512 said:

Riven is pretty bad

I don't agree with this at all. It certainly kicks the build up another level. A bad riven would be +SC +SD -CC

If this is so bad what would you replace it with?

Per @iuvenilis 

14 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Compared to a primed elemental mod

I only have primed heated charge which I'm already using. What other primed elemental mods are even available for pistols? Is there a list of mods somewhere that I can reference to see what I'm missing? I'll have to check the codex for this later but never noticed that.

Based on what I know of your play style and preferences, its decent enough. I remember you quite like upfront damage and this is basically an extension of that. Secondary Kitguns Dispositions aren't the best though, at a point damage gives diminishing returns (and there are better alternatives to building it), at a certain point, status becomes quite important for helping kill rougher enemies. Arguments about alternative slots will exist, like versus the value of Lethal Torrent etc

Also can't overlook the feel and satisfaction granted in hand for a player too. Like my Sporelacer Secondary with Riven set up can kill base Steel Path Grineer fast and easy and one shot small mobs in regular Kuva Survival (which is what I optimised it for). It will likely struggle in longer Steel Path missions, and it could be better, but its good enough for what I want it to do, and is fun. 

I also accumulated a lot of Rivens over time, so eventually unveil better and better Rivens for Kitguns (I don't spend that much Kuva on them). 

Anyway, if you find it effective for the content you play, seems good enough to leave as is, unless you are unhappy with its performance. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Also can't overlook the feel and satisfaction granted in hand for a player too. Like my Sporelacer Secondary with Riven set up can kill base Steel Path Grineer fast and easy and one shot small mobs in regular Kuva Survival (which is what I optimised it for). It will likely struggle in longer Steel Path missions, and it could be better, but its good enough for what I want it to do, and is fun. 

Similar even on higher level SP once the stacks build it's a strong weapon. I'm MR21 now but my riven slots are like 15 total and I have no idea aside from play how to get more so my options are limited unfortunately. 

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Similar even on higher level SP once the stacks build it's a strong weapon. I'm MR21 now but my riven slots are like 15 total and I have no idea aside from play how to get more so my options are limited unfortunately. 

Sure, I am just explaining why some might look down on such a Riven. Like status can be important, even for Crit focused weapons, but there are lots of variables to consider and account for. Like I rarely ever personally play past 2 hours in Steel Path, I just get bored, so I don't need to have builds that stay strong/scale well. Sprelacer  generally has decent fire rate as well.

When you hit MR 30 you'll get 30 free Riven slots! Pretty nice! I think thats technically like 600 Plat worth of Riven slots. You can also get to a point its decently easy to make Plat off what you acquire so buying Riven slots with Plat becomes nice, and then you hit max 180 slots and hope the game increases the max again... 

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I don't agree with this at all. It certainly kicks the build up another level. A bad riven would be +SC +SD -CC

If this is so bad what would you replace it with?

Well with both Galvanised Diffusion and a damage arcane ramped up your riven is giving you less SDPS than Lethal Torrent. The issue with that is that Lethal Torrent is about the only mod you can drop on a standard low dispo secondary build if your riven doesn't have an elemental.

Due to how the Sporelacer works even a full crit build with 13% status has a decent change of proc'ing at least a single status effect so negative status is yuck (granted only 3%) and for a +2-1 riven at .55 your base damage is very low and your multishot is average. Welcome to riven RNG.

Archived