Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we PLEASE redo our quest choices and change alignment? [SPOILERS]

TheLoneNinja

As mentioned in the tags and the title, this post as SPOILERS-- You have been triply warned!

So, for all the quests I had always picked the middle ground because it tended to align with my own balanced beliefs.  My alignment was always right in the middle.  And, as I recently did The New War quest-- I ended up picking Margulis in the final choice.  I did it just for a free skin, (I did not realize the middle choice ALSO offered a skin) and thought it'd be fully revertable.  I knew it'd mess my alignment up but figured since alignment doesn't currently do anything. (And again, I thought I'd be able to fully revert the skin selection)

However, now that I've learned that alignment changes the dialog for Helminth, (and seems like maybe Duviri, also?) as well as the name saying "Margulis" on inbox messages and other areas regardless of skin selected, I realize that it is not nearly as revertable as expected and I regret it deeply.

The Margulis skin also is unfortunate because all the customization on that one is basically seen neck down, which makes it seem like I don't  get to customize much compared to the Lotus skin.  But, if I switch back to the old Lotus skin, (or even buy the new one with plat), it'll still say Margulis everywhere!

And to top it all off-- I've been away for a while and didn't fully grasp some of the lore so I very much misunderstood the impact of the choice I was making at that time.  If I was given that choice with the lore I know now, (Understanding the Margulis/Natah/Lotus dynamic more) I would have chosen Lotus (the middle choice) like I did all the other times.  It really is the choice I like the most, even if I disregarded all these other "gamey" reasons I mentioned.

Edit:  Also a smaller thing-- but even my profile picture now feels out of place lol.  And there is no one for Margulis!  I just want Lotus back!

--------

So with all this in consideration, I very deeply regret my choice and I'm reminded of it every time Margulus pops up on my screen.  (Which is always)  With the concept of Eternalism recently introduced to the lore, surely it wouldn't be against lore to allow a way to change the past choices we've made?  (Currently, we can replay quests, but it won't change our choices)  Even if it costs something, I just want some hope.  My account just feels tainted by this recent mistake, and it's just as I've been getting really back into the game too.  (I've played since Beta, but only sporadically through some years)

Edit: I also know I'm not the only one who has regretted this choice, deeply. (see below)  To be fair, it's all arguably just mind goblins.  But one might argue that mind goblins and Warframe tend to mix lol.

Edited by TheLoneNinja
  • Like 3

I've actually never heard the eternalism lore used as reasoning for us changing our sun/moon choices before, and I'm easily swayed.

Seconded.

Kinda seems like they are trying to have it both ways (lol while not letting us) in that they are trying to make our choices "matter" and "have consequences" but they also want to say "Anything can change at any time due to the in-game lore because EVERYTHING happened ALL AT ONCE".

If eternalism is the in-universe manner, then our decisions are fluid and ever changing. Forcing us to stay sun, neutral, or moon is arbitrary and anti-lore at that point.

They tried to make impactful decisions, started to figure out that consequences are an easy way to make a decision feel like it matters, but then they accidentally wrote the lore to fully support us changing our mind at any time while mechanically wagging their finger at us for considering that.

Honestly, just let us redo quest decisions.

If I want to spend an entire day replaying all the quests to swap to full lunar then based on the in-game lore I should be allowed to tbh. There's a me that did that, I'm just doing the real world gameplay to make it the current front facing reality.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...