Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception and Spy Missions

Hello, there are two mission types that have stopped me from continuing the title multiple times by now. If you ask for help, the community will lists mods and frames for these missions, it seems that these are usually mods and frames that are impossible to get, exactly because of these type of missions, as the player can't progress anymore, as they can't do Interception Missions alone, and Spy missions are stupid without a proper frame for it as some point. And even worse, these types of missions also often block the path to get to the parts of the game to get these mods or frames.

Please, for the love of whatever you believe in devs, either goddam remove or change Interception and Spy Missions. Interception is basically impossible with beginner frames solo. But one has to do them solo, as no one else does these lower ones anymore, apparently. Spy missions on the other hand are, at some level, so weirdly designed, that a sneaky frame is basically necessary to do them. Yeah, you can try without, but they are so much harder if you do. On top of, that the player always has to get through the whole level just to reach the sneaky part and fail.

I have two people that just start out now and because of these two mission types I am not sure if I can recommend the title just because of these. I can't even progress in the title for months now, because I can't get these types of missions done. For spy missions I need Loki, which I can't get, because I can't get, for the life of me, get to Neptune, because, guess what, Interception Missions that block the way. And other frames can't be done for the same reason just with Spy Missions.

I don't know, add bots or change Interception Missions. They must have been fun back in the day when everyone did those, but now they are just in the way and an impossible road block, because you don't have other people to do them with. And for crying out loud, a maxed out maximised frame should not be necessary to do a lv 16 something mission. FFXIV does this better. Just add level scaling. Make it easier to play with people on lower levels. Or add bots. But please do something about them. I can't believe this is still an issue. You want new players, then please stop blocking them for nothing having Spy frames and do missions you HAVE TO get help. And if you do, make that easy.

You don't need any particular frame to complete spy missions. Invisibility helps a lot, but is not essential to complete. And you only need one vault out of three in a standard spy. If you have trouble, try watching a guide or ask in the recruitment chat for someone to help you.

For interception, asking for help is also your best shot if you can't handle it alone. 

Interception is usually just a matter of keeping three towers active and leaving the most difficult to defend alone. Eventually you figure out which tower that is for which tileset. One other thing that helped me was to wait at one tower after capturing it, kill off approaching enemies, and then move to another tower.

Apart from that, it is just a modding thing which is a factor with all combat-related content, and a fact about Warframe in general is sometimes you will want the mods that are hard to acquire, just because DE set the RNG to hinder players.

Spy gets easier as you do more and when you start learning the backdoors through the vaults. Most of them have alternative ways to the vault, most of them are very easy to keep cover in, especially old tilesets and Corpus Ship. Main exceptions are some Jupiter vaults, and I've always had trouble with Kuva Fortress spy even after years of playing.

To @Doppelkammertoaster,

As a Soloist player by not-choice / Bad-network-goes-few-team-play-often-HostMigSolo There is a few thing in the game that can help :

• Using 2 Stars Warframe Specters (You get them in Rescue Mission, kill all yellow guards)
  • Using a Clem's Clone Specters (after "a man of few words" Quest).
  • Using Syndicate Eximus's Specters (IMHO Suda's Shield Drone is the best).
  • Craft a lot of AirSupport for Override and Energy Support ("blue Pizza") for Spamming abilities (no matter the build)

To sum up You can :

1. Interception : Set a ShiedDrone+Warframe+anySpecter (bots army) on an Interception Tower place to gain time.
  2. SPY : Use Ordis's Override air support ability (~10s to activate give you ~30sec), negate alarms and disrupt security protocols in Rescue and Spy missions.

Also I agree with you about one thing that can easily Block any players which IS Eximus Units inside Interception.

Unless I use My Operator Overboosted Amps, they are very hard with a beginner frame (tested and confirmed when I use 4mods or 0mods build).

I got help from a friend to solve it, without, I would still be stuck there. All this help here misses one point: nothing like this is IN the game. Players can't know these things. And they should not need to get a specific frame or specific equipment to do a mission that is otherwise easily done if you have people to do them with, as intended. This intention does not work anymore. There is no real matchmaking that can help players who need these missions to continue the game. I did not post this here to get help. I want the devs to finally change them. They do not work as intended anymore, simple as that. They are undoable for a new player alone.

Apart from that, I appreciate the help, really. It is just nothing that fixes this issue. Because every time I see one of those missions in the way, I just stop playing. And I can't be the only one. New player's can't know the ins- and outs of this title, they don't have the knowledge or the equipment to tackle them alone. And the game also does absolutely nothing to help them getting a) that information or b) making it easier finding players. LFG did not work for me for months. And frankly, this is not 2003 anymore. Implement proper matchmaking.

It is one thing if you just hate the game modes. Which is all okay. But completely different saying they are too hard. Spy is the easier of the two because you do not need any particular items or warframes to do it.  Practice a few runs to figure out how the spy rooms work. They are not complex that early in game. If you do not have the patience to practice things you are bad at then there is not much else for you to do.

Interception has a lot steeper difficulty curve.  When the game mode was made most nodes were often populated. Get better items. Specters can help some but are not all that useful at lower levels. They become a lot better at higher level missions. Around level 80 maybe? At lower levels they die pretty quick.

I consider both Spy and  Interception good game modes. Spy is the game mode with the most and best rewards of the non endless mission types during the majority of the starchart.

Archived