Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance Mods

Da_Killa

I don't know if it's intended , and the mods don't have the proper percentage , or if the mods should just add to the status chance , but anyway status chance mod do not provide enough bonus.

Example: Rifle aptitude provides 2.5% status chance per level, being 15% status chance at maximum level . 

This looks pretty well on paper , but when you have it on a weapon with 10% status chance , it doesn't add up , and you will get 11.5% status chance , instead of a 25%(which is probably the percentage meant)

I don't know if it's intended , and the mods don't have the proper percentage , or if the mods should just add to the status chance , but anyway status chance mod do not provide enough bonus.

Example: Rifle aptitude provides 2.5% status chance per level, being 15% status chance at maximum level . 

This looks pretty well on paper , but when you have it on a weapon with 10% status chance , it doesn't add up , and you will get 11.5% status chance , instead of a 25%(which is probably the percentage meant)

A Soma or Hek with 15-25% proc chance is very nice, a Vectis or Paris on the other hand...  I feel base weapon proc should be buff'd a rather decent amount, because that will make the proc % mods work better as well, no need to change those at all if you just change the base stats.

I think that snipers should have a higher proc chance than shotguns as you don't put as many bullet down range.  Rifles with high fire rate should have less proc chance than slower fire rate weapons, so the chance to proc is more time based.

Haha You should read the other posts first ;-P

Although, yes, I agree 100%, shot-guns don't need a high proc because each shot/piece of metal has a chance to proc/crit as I believe.

A Soma or Hek with 15-25% proc chance is very nice, a Vectis or Paris on the other hand...  I feel base weapon proc should be buff'd a rather decent amount, because that will make the proc % mods work better as well, no need to change those at all if you just change the base stats.

Well yea, but my idea was more like the proc chance mods to be in the same line of work with crit chance/damage mods , which would be 10-15% per level , ending up in getting you some serious buff to damage .

Think about it like this : 

If you have 20% proc chance , 15% extra proc chance(This would be a currently maxed proc chance rifle mod) means a measly 3% chance added to your 20% proc chance , a total of 23% proc chance ..... and with a mod spot wasted . 

Now compare that with any other mod , and you'll find out it's surpassed by any other mod , and by FAAAAAAR

The bonus is currently so small , it's useless

Edited by Da_Killa

Well yea, but my idea was more like the proc chance mods to be in the same line of work with crit chance/damage mods , which would be 10-15% per level , ending up in getting you some serious buff to damage .

Think about it like this : 

If you have 20% proc chance , 15% extra proc chance(This would be a currently maxed proc chance rifle mod) means a measly 3% chance added to your 20% proc chance , a total of 23% proc chance ..... and with a mod spot wasted . 

Now compare that with any other mod , and you'll find out it's surpassed by any other mod , and by FAAAAAAR

The bonus is currently so small , it's useless

I see where you're coming from, but have you used a Vectis or Paris?  They are sniper rifles.  they do not shoot fast, or have clips of any kind, so they should have a proc of like 45% or 50% right off the bat IMO, I have not seen a proc from my Vectis and I have been using it for over an hour today >_>

I see where you're coming from, but have you used a Vectis or Paris?  They are sniper rifles.  they do not shoot fast, or have clips of any kind, so they should have a proc of like 45% or 50% right off the bat IMO, I have not seen a proc from my Vectis and I have been using it for over an hour today >_>

You're right  , I haven't used those , but it's still the same problem , if you add the mod it gets to 57.5% from 50% , the mod adds nothing.

I'm not saying that the status chance sucks , quite the opposite , status procs are awesome , but there is no proper way of increasing status chances , the mods provide way too little , think about critical chance , you can increase it with 150% on rifles with a single mod , and you can increase the status chance by 15% ? seriously ? 

Great points as well , anyway it needs to be buffed .

And yea , Archistopheles is right , actually since procs are on each type of damage , it has higher power creep than probably crit, but still , a max of 15% is embarrassing , I would say that a 50-60% increase would be ok ... Just so we don't go over the board with the damage/utility buff from one mod

P.S.: Started the thread a while before you started yours, and I'm trying to keep it as focused on status procs as possible rather than going melee procs, melees are just another thing that requires a big buff.

Edited by Da_Killa