Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI settings

wolframm2

Just realised that Warframe is a unique game where you can't configure UI in any way. You can't freely move it, can't change it's appearence, can't do anything except scaling. In general it's maybe even okay but for some frames it's crucial to be in touch with your cooldowns and active skills. As Gara player I hate when I need to find this small icon with number in the corner of my screen to check when I need to reset my 2nd skill. In some situations it's win or die situation cuz you need to lose control for a second. It will be really cool to have a possibility to move it in some way. It'll be REALLY cool to place skillbar in World of Warcraft way in middle-bottom of the screen and make it bigger. It will allow players to monitor their energy and cooldowns without losing attention on the battlefield. Also I think that DE can make something with buffs in battle since in current state I don't have clue what are applied to me and what does these small minimalistic icons mean. It's just me or kinda a problem for some people?

If you go to Options -> Interface then there are tons of options. Appearance is the first one. The nicest themes cost a little platinum, but the free ones work for most people. 

The icons are annotated when they first appear, the game expects that you learn them over time I suppose. 

I do agree that critical information should be front and center, but there is a lot of argumentation about what is critical information, with information that is critical to one warframe being irrelevant on others.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure only some rare MMORPG games allow you to freely customize your UI. That's a rather common practice to have it completely uncustomizeable, so Warframe isn't that unique in this regrard.

You can freely change UI colors though, that's a neat feature, but that's about the only thing you can do to it.

It's really a shame, as I am a firm believer in centered UI, and it seems like most game devs are not. Even though centered UI is superior in almost every way.

13 минут назад, ant99999 сказал:

I'm pretty sure only some rare MMORPG games allow you to freely customize your UI. That's a rather common practice to have it completely uncustomizeable, so Warframe isn't that unique in this regrard.

You can freely change UI colors though, that's a neat feature, but that's about the only thing you can do to it.

It's really a shame, as I am a firm believer in centered UI, and it seems like most game devs are not. Even though centered UI is superior in almost every way.

I saw fully customizable UI in a lot of MMORPGs tho

22 минуты назад, ViciousTeletuby сказал:

If you go to Options -> Interface then there are tons of options. Appearance is the first one. The nicest themes cost a little platinum, but the free ones work for most people. 

The icons are annotated when they first appear, the game expects that you learn them over time I suppose. 

I do agree that critical information should be front and center, but there is a lot of argumentation about what is critical information, with information that is critical to one warframe being irrelevant on others.

I mean that there aren't much REALLY critical info in WF other than energy level and cooldowns

Edited by wolframm2

30 минут назад, ViciousTeletuby сказал:

they probably can make buffs icons more informative by making an icon showing what stat is affected and how. Not some totally non-intuitive icons means nearly nothing to a player