Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Review occurance of Zaw and Kitgun Rivens

Koalachan

Each time I get Zaw or Kitguns from Iron Wake I die a little inside. They obviously have a large scale of the pool compared to the ratio of kitguns/zaws vs secondaries/melees since they were set in the past. No new modular weapons got added, and the pool seems to remain. Most people have their modular weapons made and new people tend to not interact since it's yet another old system that isn't in the meta anymore. 

Could a system ala buying them at Teshin be used so you know up front what Riven class Iron Wake is offering so you can at least choose not to engage. Although obviously, I would prefer they wouldn't show up so much at all, even if I could tell. Perhaps offer 1 of each type, the pools are so big and capacity is limited anyway. Or offer one of each class and keep a purchase limit of 2 per week overall for perhaps the best of all worlds?

I am not 100% sure but I think I read on the wiki that for the random riven type mod options it picks an available weapon and then uses that to generate the type of riven. So that is why you see more of rifle/pistol/melee since they encompass a large majority of weapons that are able to have rivens generated and less of Zaw/Kitgun/Shotguns since they don't encompass a large majority of rivened weapons.

30 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I am not 100% sure but I think I read on the wiki that for the random riven type mod options it picks an available weapon and then uses that to generate the type of riven. So that is why you see more of rifle/pistol/melee since they encompass a large majority of weapons that are able to have rivens generated and less of Zaw/Kitgun/Shotguns since they don't encompass a large majority of rivened weapons.

Yes, OP's point was that the weighting you describe doesn't seem to be working correctly, a Disproportionatly large number of Kitgun and Zaw rivens show up from Palladino.

Best fixes would be: Have on rotation 2 riven types weekly. And we know what they are, rifle, secondary, melee, kitgun, zaw, shotgun. Maybe with some new off chance of archgun or maybe companion riven once a month.

Or just make that all rivens are in there weekly or divide that weekly it rotates from rifle to shotgun, secondary to melee and have 3rd kitgun/zaw. So the unlucky rng to get zaw/kitgun like 80% of time when you just want rifle riven or secondary or melee, shotgun wont get just kitgun, zaw, zaw, kitgun, kitgun  zaw, kitgun .zaw, pistol riven, rifle. And mysteriously repeats the emphasis on kitgun  and zaw rivens.

If i wouldnt know id say there is some algorithm going which produces the rivens you least have/ use on higher chance . Similar that you have less likely to get frame you personaly use, on top of the overused frames in general in weekly invigorations.

I simply dont buy the rivens and stick to weekly kuva, even if it means to stockpile on slivers.

Archived