Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Cull

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Most times the bounty for the eidolon and eidolon cull are not there. Probably only 30% of the time and yes, i know it's offered only at night.

Hmm. Okay is there any additional context I should be aware of? 

What I mean by that is, are you on your X-Box, in your Orbiter, and you look at your star chart, look at Plains of Eidolon or Cetus and it stays "Day in 40 minutes" and then you go to Cetus and there are no actual Bounties? 

Or are you using an App or Tool from your phone and its "not showing up there"? Since those two things can be very very different. With the first... well that sounds like a bug, but I don't think I have ever seen anyone have that issue before. With the latter, I don't use apps much. Are you aware there are two Night cycles on Earth? One for Cetus/Plains of Eidolon and another for the regular missions (like Exterminate, Capture etc) the latter has a night filter applied to it, but also changes the type of plants you can get in those missions. Hypothetically, some other websites/apps may track both, is it possible you are looking at info regarding the different cycle?

Say if its saying its "night" but specifically for the normal missions and not POE/Cetus, and then you don't see the bounties for Eidolons? Since again, Eidolon bounties should almost always show up at Night, but specifically Plains/Cetus night. Not necessarily the other night. 

Thats my closest guess. If its the former though, you might want to take screenshots etc and file a bug report. 

On 2023-06-17 at 1:32 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I'm on my X-Box, in my Orbiter, and look at the star chart, look at Plains of Eidolon or Cetus and it stays "Day in 40 minutes" (like just now) and then I go to Cetus / konzu and the two eidolon hunt bounties are not listed.

Have in mind that you do not requiere a bounty to be able to hunt Tridolon. You just enter plains at night and find Terry (he is loud).

5 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

on your X-Box, in your Orbiter, and you look at your star chart, look at Plains of Eidolon or Cetus and it stays "Day in 40 minutes" and then you go to Cetus and there are no actual Bounties

I'm on my X-Box, in my Orbiter, and look at the star chart, look at Plains of Eidolon or Cetus and it stays "Day in 40 minutes" (like just now) and then I go to Cetus / konzu and the two eidolon hunt bounties are not listed.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Might have to document the process then and make a bug report (I say document to just rule out potential user errors, did I scroll down, was it actually night etc). Definitely sounds like a bug, and a relatively rare one. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Might have to document the process then and make a bug report (I say document to just rule out potential user errors, did I scroll down, was it actually night etc). Definitely sounds like a bug, and a relatively rare one. 

So i know it's night because I check navigation first. When I arrive the sky is dark. I am 100% it is night. I'd say 1 in 5 times the pair of eidolon bounties are present. Usually, overwhelmingly, they are not.

My question was to alleviate myself from going to Cetus to check so I'll ask again...

Is there a way to know what the konzu bounties are without going to konzu?

With all the tenno technology can't konsu RSS feed his bounties to the orbiters? 😎

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

So i know it's night because I check navigation first. When I arrive the sky is dark. I am 100% it is night. I'd say 1 in 5 times the pair of eidolon bounties are present. Usually, overwhelmingly, they are not.

Sure, but regardless, you'll still want to document such experiences, especially if its happening as regularly as you describe. I am not personally saying you don't know its night, or aren't 100% sure, and whether you do, or do not, whether it is, or isn't, you would still want to document the info, so the issue can be solved/fixed. 

I sometimes experience a few bugs in Warframe, I can document them when necessary. Most of the time I am too lazy to, and I hope someone else has reported it, but I would never expect anyone to just trust me on my word, because its not about trust or being right or wrong. None of us knows each other one hundred percent, sometimes an error or bug is localised, sometimes its broad, sometimes its rare, sometimes its an intended feature, sometimes its user error or misunderstanding, mistakes can happen, and that is fine and natural too. Its less personal and more about covering bases. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

My question was to alleviate myself from going to Cetus to check so I'll ask again...

Is there a way to know what the konzu bounties are without going to konzu?

Yes and the answer, or at least one way is looking at Cetus and POE from your Orbiter. Tenno Tools wouldn't even work in this context, because its using the same data.

So that is the way, it just so happens that in your experience it doesn't, but thats the oddity and unusual aspect here. Either this happens to you so regularly and consistently from the time you started Warframe, that you don't realise this is very unusual and a deviation from most peoples experiences, or something else is going on. 

Like you know where your Arsenal in your Orbiter is right? Your Foundry? Imagine if someone asked... "Where do I equip and check my guns? Where can I use my Forma BP?" You could say, well you can go to your Arsenal segment in your Orbiter to change guns, or check your Inventory in the menu as well. You can say, you can install a Foundry segment, and there should be an area you can build Forma in there as well. 

Now imagine someone says... "I tried, but I go to my arsenal and most of the time my guns aren't there, its just blank", well does that sound normal, or a bug? Its not necessarily that they are wrong or mistaken, it could be a UI glitch or error, but you'd probably want some sort of reference or documentation so you can try figure out whats going on. 

Its not necessarily about pitting experiences against each other either. Like the hundreds, possibly over a thousand, of times for myself visiting Konzu, at Night, and he has almost always had Eidolon bounties. The few times he didn't? Well sometimes i forget its not always listed at the top, and you have to scroll down to see them, so they were actually there, i just made a small error, and the other times, it was actually late in the night, and like I said before, if there is only like 3 minutes of night left, he won't offer the bounty, which makes sense. 

Now just because I have had all those experiences, doesn't mean I think you are wrong, mistaken or lying, but you should still try and document it, and to my best perception, what you are experiencing is pretty rare and unusual. Though not impossible. If you want to alleviate yourself having to visit Konzu in person, this is also the way to do that. Once its sorted, you wouldn't have to deal with it again likely. 

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

1 of 4 yesterday.

Went this morning during night and it was not available, so that's one-in-five visits. Maybe it's an Xbox thing but the single and tricap bounties are rare for me. Or I have the absolute worst luck

I mean, it doesn't really sound like a luck thing, sounds like a glitch or bug. Do you have many other friends on X-Box or know people on the forums who are on X-Box? That you can ask if they experience similar? 

Here I'll try ask randomly. 

Hey, random person reading this, if you are someone on X-Box or any system really, do you ever encounter the issue in going to Plains of Eidolon or Cetus at night, and not having the Eidolon bounty? Please answer if you have the time. Thanks. 

Oh there is one other issue that could be possible too. Maybe, if there is something weird going on with your internal system clock. I know some games can have issues around that. Like I roughly remember that Dragon Age Inquisition could have issues with internal console timers and the game timers messing each other up (some peoples War table missions would become years instead of hours because numbers would shift around weird). 

Archived