Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there no EIDOLON Tutorial Mission.

VitjaminB

Okay here is my struggle with EIDOLON hunts ....
I basically feel like a noob and *insert at this point I am to afraid to ask meme here*  don't know anything about how they work. I get some veeeeery basic stuff like these "flying ghost heads" and how I can kill them. 

Spoiler

Operator goes BRRR

And I played this game for few years on and off and the DuviriParadox was what brought me kinda back again. I just hit day 155 login (iirc) and 1k hours Playtime on Steam... and I am MR21.
So I wouldn't call myself a Pro nor a noob ..there are some Frames that I understand better and other that I am just looking at from afar and wondering what the hell they are doing but I always stay calm and think that some day I might get that frame and will understand it then and there is no rush :)
The game is great but here is my beef with it:
- every time I try to earn some Eidolon shards (for Quill Standing) I try to stay very passiv ..I help to kill the shield,I fly to the Island and put my shard in, I kill the "ghost heads" and I know its usefull to hack and have these "flying ghost head suckers" and I try to bring like at least one or two with me...

BUT today I made the mistake that I "kinda on accident" killed the Eidolon (Stage2/3) and I didn't even know that this was a thing and obviously one guy started flaming at me and another noob who wasn't "fast enough" to put in his Shard.
I mean I wasn't even on my RAMBO mode trying to kill it with all my force (that would be probably with the Necromech with my skill n°4 :D) I just tried to roast the "ghost heads" with my Ignis Wrath and poof it died. I mean ...sry but I didn't know that I am that strong lol xD (my Ignis is my new lovechild in the game and it has 5 Forma in it so I guess I went a lilbit overboard)

https://ibb.co/GR7rDBx

I didn't want to waste the time of my Teammates but I just don't think that it should be flame on one player in a public matchmaking after he did something wrong.
(or do I see this wrong?) 

So why doesn't the game add in some "Tutorial Eidolon Hunt"?
And no the solo Hunt is not a tutorial. 
It's the same 3/5 Stars and same Enemie lvl: 20-40!

https://ibb.co/wgHTZjP 

Yes I know i did a mistake but there is no shame in admitting it. 

How can it be that I am MR21 and still don't know how this works? Seriously ...thats like a Minecraft player who findsout that a Sandblock can fall down and suffocate you after playing 1000hours. It shouldn't be a thing right?
I mean sure I could have watched a YT video how this works but seriously guys this is supposed to be a game and fun and it should be possible to learn it inside the game and not from watching some external source videos. This is just bad gamemechanics!

I never was interested in the Eidolon Hunts in the first place cuz I knew about the "toxic saltyness" behavior of some individuals from previous encounters and other players "mistakes" and I never wanted to be a burden on the Team but at some point I just need to farm me some stupid Eidolonshards and I don't want to be farming them all in Solo cuz lets be honest if I suck this much and don't even know how this hunt works u can imagine how long it would take me for a solo run...its just not efficient to do them alone.

Greetings VitjaminB 
(got my first player ingame who blocked me  xD that should be an Achievment!)
EDIT:Spelling and I bet there are still some mistakes >_<

Eidolons were never intended to have a tutorial, they were intended to be mysterious and left the players to figure them out. (Admittinlgly wish there more fights like eidolons.) But to capture eidolons you need a subsequent amount of lures that gotta be glowin blue for capture. Otherwise you will kill it. Teralyst needs 2, Gauntalyst needs 3 and Hydrolyst also needs 3.

zlmeFfr.png

You're welcome. (Also any eidolon after the first needs 3 charged lures, not 2, and they have shoulder synovias, as well as on the arms and legs.)

Doing just the teralyst is very much a tutorial, level isn't the only measure of skill. The difference is that you succeed at that bounty by just killing the first eidolon, the teralyst. It is easier than the other two.

But also if you wanted you could just go out into the plains at night without the bounty. The bounty didn't exist for years. You just went into the plains at night, with it set on public if you wanted to pub the eidolons.

In general, with these things, you can always check the wiki as it is quite extensive.

edit, and I probably would have put you on ignore for that, as well. If you can't be arsed to watch a video or do even the most minor bit of research for something like this, I wouldn't want to have to deal with that. I only wish that ignoring people also blocked being paired up with them in pubs.

So the OP messaged me with the following, I just thought I'd post it here to subvert them trying to pretend like they can behave like a civil adult. I'm not sure why a PM was actually necessary unless they wanted to obscure what they actually felt while still being petty about it, at any rate.

Spoiler

Wow 
could have been just the dude that yelled at me in the ingame chat before xD

here is the reasoning why u are wrong:

its a PUBLIC PARTY!
if u want pro's in ur team then go to the ingame function "Recruitment Chat" and announce "hey I am looking for ...."

BAM there is the answear for ur problem (wich is to avoid me ingame) 

Now explain to me a human beeing that is working and has fulltime life how I could avoid my problem? 
(wich is avoiding u in my group) 

Sure I could go in the recruitment chat and tell "hey looking for a S#&amp;&#036; team" but lets be honest here .. who is going to wait longer? me or u? 
So no that will not work for me and since there is already an ingamefunction for "hey lets get a S#&amp;&#036;ty team" then I will use that and its called PUBLIC MATCH MAKING.

I am an human beeing and I am not perfect and u know what u are not perfect aswell and hey newsflash NOONE IS! So all I want is that people behave towards me the same way they expect others to behave towards themself! and this is why I do write u an dm 
cuz u sickens me and I hope u will block me ingame cuz I dont want to interact with such bullS#&amp;&#036; ingame

And here my farawells, u heard it probably alot from idk the people who raised u I guess
"I am not mad I am just disapointed"
VitjaminB

Just to answer you, OP, everyone on the forums is posting under their ING username and I don't have any alts. So no I am not that "dude" or even a "dude" at all. I am a woman.

I wouldn't block you for screwing up the actual fight, btw, I would have blocked you out of sheer frustration when you started whining about how you shouldn't have to do even a smidgen of research before diving into this stuff.

Also, I suppose it is possible you PM'd me so you could curse at me, I don't know.

I don't even usually do eidolons with pubs anymore. My clan is active enough that I can generally get people to do them with me or more often I volunteer to help others. If they screw up, NBD, I am often doing it to help them with their goals and I already farmed all the arcanes from it and maxed my focus schools an eternity ago, Most of them are willing to do a teeny bit of research, and if not, I will have been forewarned.

Either way, knowing how a fight functions is not the same as being a pro at it, and trying to say the two are the same thing is silly. You are only expected to do the bare minimum of work, and if you don't know how, again, do the teralyst bounty, that is the tutorial. People in it will be as inexperienced as you and won't be carrying you.

vor 1 Minute schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

So the OP messaged me with the following, I just thought I'd post it here to subvert them trying to pretend like they can behave like a civil adult. I'm not sure why a PM was actually necessary unless they wanted to obscure what they actually felt while still being petty about it, at any rate.

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

Wow 
could have been just the dude that yelled at me in the ingame chat before xD

here is the reasoning why u are wrong:

its a PUBLIC PARTY!
if u want pro's in ur team then go to the ingame function "Recruitment Chat" and announce "hey I am looking for ...."

BAM there is the answear for ur problem (wich is to avoid me ingame) 

Now explain to me a human beeing that is working and has fulltime life how I could avoid my problem? 
(wich is avoiding u in my group) 

Sure I could go in the recruitment chat and tell "hey looking for a S#&amp;&#036; team" but lets be honest here .. who is going to wait longer? me or u? 
So no that will not work for me and since there is already an ingamefunction for "hey lets get a S#&amp;&#036;ty team" then I will use that and its called PUBLIC MATCH MAKING.

I am an human beeing and I am not perfect and u know what u are not perfect aswell and hey newsflash NOONE IS! So all I want is that people behave towards me the same way they expect others to behave towards themself! and this is why I do write u an dm 
cuz u sickens me and I hope u will block me ingame cuz I dont want to interact with such bullS#&amp;&#036; ingame

And here my farawells, u heard it probably alot from idk the people who raised u I guess
"I am not mad I am just disapointed"
VitjaminB

Just to answer you, OP, everyone on the forums is posting under their ING username and I don't have any alts. So no I am not that "dude" or even a "dude" at all. I am a woman.

I wouldn't block you for screwing up the actual fight, btw, I would have blocked you out of sheer frustration when you started whining about how you shouldn't have to do even a smidgen of research before diving into this stuff.

Also, I suppose it is possible you PM'd me so you could curse at me, I don't know.

I don't even usually do eidolons with pubs anymore. My clan is active enough that I can generally get people to do them with me or more often I volunteer to help others. If they screw up, NBD, I am often doing it to help them with their goals and I already farmed all the arcanes from it and maxed my focus schools an eternity ago, Most of them are willing to do a teeny bit of research, and if not, I will have been forewarned.

Either way, knowing how a fight functions is not the same as being a pro at it, and trying to say the two are the same thing is silly. You are only expected to do the bare minimum of work, and if you don't know how, again, do the teralyst bounty, that is the tutorial. People in it will be as inexperienced as you and won't be carrying you.

I dont care if u are dude or dudess or the queen of england ... I dont even know the gender of that saltmine ingame and again IDC cuz its not the point of this debate!
the very first sentence was to compare u with the salty player from my previous game and not to say that u are the person!
(for the future tho: if I wrote somewhere "dude","guy","mate" or anything else of that sort then please take it as "its not his mother language" and not as munition for "he is missgendering me on purpose" cuz that is the honest truth here)

okay next:  I did not curse at u at all and everyone can see that here (thanks for at least posting my privat msg I guess without asking me prior xD lol is that even in accordance to forum rules idk and idc but that shows the kind of character we deal with here cuz u could have written that directly back at me) 

the fact that I could only screenshot the chat after the squat got abolished and I pm'd him to talk with him to see what is going on shows that u missed a lot of context and he was infact the rude one who was very unpolite and arrogant to me and the other player who wasnt fast enough on putting up that shard on that island. 

I dont care what ur BARE minimum is in this game but I can see that my bare minimum is obviously lower than urs I will not watch an video that explains it to me I would rather deinstall the game and move on if I would ever have the feeling that warframe is that kind of a game. 
I rather play with someone "pro or not" who is either just as a noob as I am (so we both dont wast our time) or with someone who is already an pro and knows what he does and want to teach me some stuff and for that I would always be greatfull but the one point where I will never budge is the last part that I wrote to u!  You treat people the way you want to be treaten yourself! and that is the main reason why I was motivated to ask this question? why is there no Eidolon Tutorial in the game! I did some runs and every time I noticed that I am not at all alone who doesnt knows what is going on half the time. Sometimes u got someone who finishes the whole thing in like 3 minutes and some other times it is a struggle but u know what I would rather have the struggle and learn than not.

The problem are the people who start the salty blamegame and i think all the players would benefite if there would be some kind of quest or story tutorial with the eidolon boss. Make it non immersion breaking like the first "General Vor Tutorial" that would work just fine for 90+% Playerbase and not some external source like an video cuz that is just silly to expect that everyone is just like you into the game and wants to watch a 30min Video about perfect Meta AMPs and timings and stuff like that. I dont care that u are an better player but one thing I know u seem to be not a better person and u have just proven me right with this public attack cuz u could have done it in private!

Again ...just disappointed

sry for the bad spelling (not my mother tounge) 
VitjaminB
PS: I know why I kept away from the forum all these years ...I  guess I will just post and forget this here ..no point in coming back for me since only the "tryhards" are around here 
(not trying to insult anyone but i am just shocked that people seem to be under the assumption that this is the way how u should behave around in this game and not see that this has no future in the long-run cuz these noobs who dont know how to play are the player-base of tomorrow but these salt-mines are destroying it ... well since peace out I guess :D)

10 minutes ago, VitjaminB said:

I dont care if u are dude or dudess or the queen of england ... I dont even know the gender of that saltmine ingame and again IDC cuz its not the point of this debate!
the very first sentence was to compare u with the salty player from my previous game and not to say that u are the person!
(for the future tho: if I wrote somewhere "dude","guy","mate" or anything else of that sort then please take it as "its not his mother language" and not as munition for "he is missgendering me on purpose" cuz that is the honest truth here)

okay next:  I did not curse at u at all and everyone can see that here (thanks for at least posting my privat msg I guess without asking me prior xD lol is that even in accordance to forum rules idk and idc but that shows the kind of character we deal with here cuz u could have written that directly back at me) 

the fact that I could only screenshot the chat after the squat got abolished and I pm'd him to talk with him to see what is going on shows that u missed a lot of context and he was infact the rude one who was very unpolite and arrogant to me and the other player who wasnt fast enough on putting up that shard on that island. 

I dont care what ur BARE minimum is in this game but I can see that my bare minimum is obviously lower than urs I will not watch an video that explains it to me I would rather deinstall the game and move on if I would ever have the feeling that warframe is that kind of a game. 
I rather play with someone "pro or not" who is either just as a noob as I am (so we both dont wast our time) or with someone who is already an pro and knows what he does and want to teach me some stuff and for that I would always be greatfull but the one point where I will never budge is the last part that I wrote to u!  You treat people the way you want to be treaten yourself! and that is the main reason why I was motivated to ask this question? why is there no Eidolon Tutorial in the game! I did some runs and every time I noticed that I am not at all alone who doesnt knows what is going on half the time. Sometimes u got someone who finishes the whole thing in like 3 minutes and some other times it is a struggle but u know what I would rather have the struggle and learn than not.

The problem are the people who start the salty blamegame and i think all the players would benefite if there would be some kind of quest or story tutorial with the eidolon boss. Make it non immersion breaking like the first "General Vor Tutorial" that would work just fine for 90+% Playerbase and not some external source like an video cuz that is just silly to expect that everyone is just like you into the game and wants to watch a 30min Video about perfect Meta AMPs and timings and stuff like that. I dont care that u are an better player but one thing I know u seem to be not a better person and u have just proven me right with this public attack cuz u could have done it in private!

Again ...just disappointed

sry for the bad spelling (not my mother tounge) 
VitjaminB
PS: I know why I kept away from the forum all these years ...I  guess I will just post and forget this here ..no point in coming back for me since only the "tryhards" are around here 
(not trying to insult anyone but i am just shocked that people seem to be under the assumption that this is the way how u should behave around in this game and not see that this has no future in the long-run cuz these noobs who dont know how to play are the player-base of tomorrow but these salt-mines are destroying it ... well since peace out I guess :D)

EXZprab.png

😴

I'm sorry but your post is too long to read, maybe it's just my ADHD making it hard to pay attention long enough, but why did you need to reply here and then also DM me? Could you give me a cliffnotes of this?

I haven't even actually interacted with you in game, why would I block you there?

What's weird and incredibly petty is that you have isolated out small parts of my first post to respond to, and aren't even appreciative of resources/advice I've given you. Even with the second post I gave you advice and help. You need to thicken your skin at least a little bit and just appreciate that someone went through the effort to try to help you, even if they did not agree with your interaction with others. I mean how thin skinned can one get? Especially when you openly admit to not being willing to put in the effort to learn this stuff on your own.

You still ultimately got me to put in the legwork for you. So, as I said before, you're welcome. 🙃

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PSN)EntityPendragon:

Eidolons were never intended to have a tutorial, they were intended to be mysterious and left the players to figure them out. (Admittinlgly wish there more fights like eidolons.) But to capture eidolons you need a subsequent amount of lures that gotta be glowin blue for capture. Otherwise you will kill it. Teralyst needs 2, Gauntalyst needs 3 and Hydrolyst also needs 3.

The whole game is very Mysterious and I remember how people always asked me If finished this and that quest so they would not spoiler anything for me and that is very wholesome and nice but u remember the very first video when u started the game and u saw excal, volt and mag do all these crazy stuff and how awesome they where?
THATS (kinda) AN TUTORIAL!
You see how good a tutorial can be ..they made an epic video and we watched it and u just knew "wow that one space ninja there is what I want to be" and bam the game helped u out! I doesn't have to be breaking the immersion to be a tutorial ...good tutorials come very natural and are hiden in the story or somehow else ... i mean in the eidolon fight they warn u already before the power surge is coming ...taht is already somehow an "tutorial-ish" hint that they trow at u ... just make some quest/storyline to hook some players into it ... I came very late into the Eidolon hunt cuz I always shied away from it and never wanted to be a burden on others and its the games job to change that and not some youtubers job.

vor 1 Minute schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

EXZprab.png

😴

I'm sorry but your post is too long to read, maybe it's just my ADHD making it hard to pay attention long enough, but why did you need to reply here and then also DM me? Could you give me a cliffnotes of this?

I haven't even actually interacted with you in game, why would I block you there?

What's weird and incredibly petty is that you have isolated out small parts of my first post to respond to, and aren't even appreciative of resources/advice I've given you. Even with the second post I gave you advice and help. You need to thicken your skin at least a little bit and just appreciate that someone went through the effort to try to help you, even if they did not agree with your interaction with others. I mean how thin skinned can one get? Especially when you openly admit to not being willing to put in the effort to learn this stuff on your own.

You still ultimately got me to put in the legwork for you. So, as I said before, you're welcome. 🙃

I jsut Ignored it ;) and TLDNR 

1 minute ago, VitjaminB said:

I jsut Ignored it ;) and TLDNR 

yes tl;dr! Exactly! Ignored what? Do you mean you ignored me? Does that me I won?? Did I win for once??? 🤔

I hope you aren't TL;DR'ing me after writing a small thesis on your previous response. Maybe you are just acknowledging that your post is too long. I don't know. This post makes no sense to me.

They can't even be bother to do a tutorial for the Conservation missions, you think they'll do one for Eidolons?!  And you HAVE to do this insanely broken crap to rank up standing on Deimos.  I went over a couple YT videos and did what they did ... and it didn't work.  As soon as I did the calling at all *FOUR* points, I got nothing.

I didn't even know I needed the tranquilizer gun and lure until I left the game.  That's really, really, really bad game design.  It's like designers, like the state of the world (in general), is getting worse and worse and worse.

At that point, I was at the proverbial "Eff this sh*t" moment.

When you have to force people to go to Wikis or YouTube to explain your game mechanics, that's literally the definition of "calling it in."

1) Assemble random activities.

2) Give no descriptions of what to do.

3) Congratulate ourselves for being clever.

4) Move on to more content with more bugs.

It's looking quite probable that I will not be dumping another penny into this game.  This "conservation" tag issue has finally broken the game for me.

The biggest problem with anything in the open worlds are the noobs that pop in trying to level.  Or the constant drops/host migrations.  And the worst part is that they FORCE you to do all this standing reputation crap and you can't skip it.  "We made this.  We know it's crap because we've been told that over and over over.  But, godd*mn, you're gonna f**kin' do it 'cause we put good money into paying someone to make it!"

/grumble

Archived