The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Rank Up?

Scytharian

Question

7 answers to this question

Do boss levels, or alerts with "?" in the reward section. They will sometime reward you with blueprints. Also collect the orange lava looking rocks you need materials to build weapons, and warframes when you use a blueprint. So yes. Let the hunt begin!

My question about Mastery is this: Do the weapons/frames used have to be totally unused to qualify? I've seen this happen: I rebuy/rebuild a weapon or frame that I've used before but removed due to slot limitation. I don't seem to get any progress on my Mastery level bar until I surpass a previous highest level/rank that I had achieved before. Example: I built a rhino frame thinking that it could replace my topped off excalibur, but found that it was pokey and having been spoiled by Slash Dash, found its Charge rather lackluster. So I sold it to make space for another at rank 9. Having noticed no progress of Mastery, I started a program of rebuilding all the frame/wepaons that I had sold off in the mid-teens due to a sparcity of the magic potatoes necessary to supercharge them. Then as painful and tedious as it is, I slowly started to re-level them. Only after exceeding my previous highest rating which isn't necessarily the rating shown (shows last attempt, not highest), did I find the Mastery bar moving again. So, with the rhino, not until I achieved rank 10 did I see the 200 points added to Rank.

If this IS the case, and not some bug, I know what to do when the game goes Live and we get reset (not noobishly blowing my refunded platinum on revive resets for starters). But it still mathematically puts a top end to Rank because there would be only so many points you could ever earn due to a finite number or frames and weapons (30x200 for each frame and 30x100 for each weapon).

If you check your Stats you can see that the game tracks the highest level you obtrained with weapon/frame. It is likely that this is intentional. It prevents farming 'cheap' weapons for ranks. If you could keep buying and selling the Skana and just leveling its lowest levels, over and over, Then the Rank number would end up meaning very little as an obvious number. It would take digging into another player's stats to see what they'd done.