Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations are (contrary to popular sentiment) pretty fun, but I would love a defense target safety system!

Sol_IX

I do actually like a single gamemode in a sea of gamemodes where AOE weapon damage is the meta, and clearing drones is really important. I dont mind that warframe abilities arent focused on in this single gamemode, and the ogris spam is honestly kinda fun to me.

I did just lose a defense one tho at 90 rounds and an hour in, losing all my rewards which really sucked. I wonder if there can be either a different solution for how vitus essence on losses is handled, or a way to revive/keep the defense target alive better. We had a wisp with ~300 strength, and that should really be enough, but level scaling outscales the defense target really hard, even if we killing enemies at a pace quick enough to see 90+ rounds in about an hour.

At really high levels, the defense target can just simply wander off and insta-die, or die quicker than possible to react to which really sucks. If we could either give him a single revive, so that we know when to dip, or we keep the essence we farmed but the mission ends upon his death that would really help my experience with arbitrations!

Either way, bottom line, I like the activity, I just feel absolutely gutted when the def target dies and it kinda feels out of our control.

Keep up the good work otherwise with the recent incarnons and circuit which have been a blast, arbis are now a drop in the great ocean of endgame, but a little love to them could go a long way.

I also think Arbitrations can be great, but Defense is one of the worse arbitration missions because of that.
The operative not having a bleedout timer in arbitrations is one thing, but not even voicelines when it loses certain percentages of health? Really? Am I meant to look at the things I'm fighting or the operative's health all the time during the mission?
I think the no bleedout thing should only apply to the warframes.
Bit off topic, but pets also excluded. Most pets are balanced around the fact that they can be revived opposed to sentinels, so it makes no sense they should insta die in arbitrations because of their bad defensive stat scaling and bad AI that doesn't recognize AoE damage sources (some games make pets take less damage from AoE for this reason). Then you don't have Fetch for the rest of the run. An upgrade to pets is long overdue even outside Arbitration.
Similarly to pets I don't think Defense operatives care much about being in AoE damage either.

i find arbitrations very fun, i honestly never understood the hate, sure drones being immune to abilities can be annoying, but thats why we have guns, to fix problems abilities cant fix.

i find arbitration drones 1000x better than thrax and nullifiers... but thats just me. 

Edit: nulifiers can be "fixed" with guns too, its just annoying when there are like 5 in a small hallway and you cant get through without destroying ALL 5 bubbles and if you touch 1 you lose ALL your abilities. atleast with arbitration drones, i dont lose all my abilities just because one decided to jump me around a corner.

I agree with the sentiment, and would add that the only thing keeping me from doing them way more is how long it takes to get to Rotation C in some game modes, like survival, where we can't control the flow of the mission. 

To that end I still do kinda like Defense, Excavation and specially Disruption. Sad that it's pretty rare to see a game mode I like with gear I'm comfortable with. And there's always the risk that one or more team mates leave at the first or second rotation, which for the life of me I can't understand why would someone play Arbs just for one or two rounds, but to each their own, I guess.

Archived