Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limiting fps ingame causes stutter through fps drops while unlimited runs fine

Loxyen

Hi I've experienced this throughout the past years and with different hardware constellations + I talked to a handful of ppl with better to high end pcs who experienced a similar occurrence.

atm I'm using a R5 3600x, a gtx 1070 and 32gb RAM at generally low ingame settings and this https://imgur.com/3ID14ZW

idk if this matters but I've experienced this while using display port on a 144hz and a 240hz screen as such as hdmi on a 60hz screen.

From experience it does not matter if I cap the fps close to or way lower my max fps, neither lower than what I get when things are really busy on screen with unlimited fps. Once the game gets a little busy and the fps are capped ingame my screen is prone to experience micro stutters due to fps drops eitherway. This also applies to game modes where the maps and player and/or mob count are rather small and fixed. (Conclave/Index/Rathuum/etc.)

I have no performance issues like that at all if I let the game run at unlimited fps (beside the heat in the summer lol).

Is this a known issue that can be fixed or are there solutions to avoid it from happening?