Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Liches, Sisters of Parvos, and whatever the Infested equivalent need a comprehensive progression rework.

Alphas

The Nemesis system has been kinda cool, offering fun and powerful (albeit obnoxious to master) weapons that can be acquired pretty easily given the right gear and effort.

The problem with the Nemesis systems is that it's far too reliant on RNG.  It's not enough that you spent the time in all of the missions to find all of the Murmurs, you still need to get them in the right order.  It was far worse back before Oull was introduced and the value of each Murmur was greatly increased, but that doesn't change how mindnumbingly boring grinding them out is.  There is nothing worse than following the flow-chart exactly and still having to use the longest possible path each and every time because you're always given the wrong word at the wrong time.

With proper use of the flow-chart you can kill a Lich at rank 3 making the fights and missions significantly easier, yet with the RNG requirement you can just "bad-luck" your way into the abysmal scaling of Rank 5 where the missions are all over Lv 100 and your Lich has a massive amount of health.  I've left Liches alone on the Kuva Fortress for literal MONTHS on end simply because I can't be bothered to do the missions over and over and slowly build their anger level up because the game is so painfully stingy with the Kuva Lich beacons.

If I were re-balancing Liches, I would say that at the very least there needs to be ways to manually summon them in any mission without the use of an RNG drop beacon that may or many not appear for months, or even ever.  Another necessary change would be that the Lich fight needs to continue past a failed attempt so you can check the other Parazon slots.  A third change I would be the complete removal of the RNG for the position of a Requiem.  It should be enough to simply have the Requiem equipped at all rather than need to have it in a specific slot.  Adding elements of completely uncontrollable randomness (and no, the existence of Oull doesn't change it being uncontrollable) is a huge slap in the face to players.  I would argue that the entire process of uncovering Murmurs should be reworked to be a more investigative one where you are doing missions and finding collectables to piece together the puzzle rather than solely killing Thralls, but that can be saved for a future retooling of the system.  One final change I would make would be to how the Railjack is involved.  Instead of having the Lich retreat to a Railjack mission when you find their combination, they should simply be able to be converted or killed on the spot.  Upon reaching Rank 5 the Lich should retreat to Veil Proxima to be encountered over and over until you find the correct combination of Requiems.

• 2 weeks later...

@Alphas - back when Liches first came out, Railjack didn't even factor into the equation. You summoned them on Cassini and then just followed them around the star-chart until you downed them and got the correct Parazon sequence and could choose to keep or kill them.

The railjack component was added later, because that was the original intention - but in typical fashion, it didn't happen until much later.

Apart from clearing up that small tidbit, I would welcome most of the changes you put forward here. 

I do not see the problem given how quickly you can farm a top tier weapon. I think it is way better having the RNG than prolonging the farm and removing the RNG. Simply removing the RNG will make the farm much too quick.

I am neutral towards the railjack part. You can replace it with something else and I would probably not be bothered by it.

Archived