Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rant, Complain, And Upset Mode Engaged

Krogothian

I have been enjoying the new 2.0 damage model but I have run into a problem with rifles in particular. Instead of making a long wall of text I ranted and complained through a video so that it might be easier to grasp my point. 

Video: 

The video is not monetized and I am not doing this for my personal gain. I just wish to voice my opinion is a different medium. 

Please do not just tell me I am wrong. If you have a point then explain how I am incorrect with a reason. Anyhow, thank you for your time and hopefully my face does not get ripped off by some of you guys who know more about this game than I.

You know that?

1) slash dmg actually works against grineer and corpus

2) enemies get their armor high at around 50 lvl which you wont see unless you try to go 30+ survival or def

3) elemental dmg scales with base dmg

4) you can mod every gun to be effective against every faction by adding proper elemental dmg which is majority of dmg you deal anyway

5) status effect are debuffs not dmg

6) impact = slugs, puncture = armor piercing bullets, slash = hollow point bullets, it was mentioned by devs already

7) everything is viable cause we got too much buffs to dmg 

8) devs said that they will reduce rainbow builds effectiveness, which they did, they are still best though

Seriously stop thinking like its u10 and go test things before posting anything, thx

Edited by Davoodoo

Two points:

1. The stats are bugged in that screen - You need to compare the stats in the Codex screen

2. You are judging numbers, and not end result. Soma will out dps Latron Prime everytime if the mods are correct.

you missed the point he tries to make a point about "choice" which weapon to use and not to use with damage 2.0.

His main point is that with damage 2.0 the rainbow builds are your mostly only option and also that this patch limits your free choice of

weaponry down to a few. He is not talking about DPS he is comparing guns and their current use against diffrent targets.

At least that is how i understood that vid.

You know that?

1) slash dmg actually works against grineer and corpus

2) enemies get their armor high at around 50 lvl which you wont see unless you try to go 30+ survival or def

3) elemental dmg scales with base dmg

4) you can mod every gun to be effective against every faction by adding proper elemental dmg which is majority of dmg you deal anyway

5) status effect are debuffs not dmg

6) impact = slugs, puncture = armor piercing bullets, slash = hollow point bullets, it was mentioned by devs already

7) everything is viable cause we got too much buffs to dmg 

8) devs said that they will reduce rainbow builds effectiveness, which they did, they are still best though

Seriously stop thinking like its u10 and go test things before posting anything, thx

I think you did not watch the full thing...he is talking about the game forcefully limiting your choice of weaponry.

The weapons are still useful but the game is promoting a game style that it wanted to remove before. (rainbow)

Because let us face it the people want the easyest to use gun with the highest damage there is. In damage 1.0

you could still mod a weapon that was not perfect and still do fine with it. You like its sound ? Okay.....It looks cool or has

anything else that catches your eye go for it.

But now a slash weapon will not fare good against armor and so on. Heck Corpus heads are now practically immune to anything but

peircing.

I think you did not watch the full thing...he is talking about the game forcefully limiting your choice of weaponry.

The weapons are still useful but the game is promoting a game style that it wanted to remove before. (rainbow)

Because let us face it the people want the easyest to use gun with the highest damage there is. In damage 1.0

you could still mod a weapon that was not perfect and still do fine with it. You like its sound ? Okay.....It looks cool or has

anything else that catches your eye go for it.

But now a slash weapon will not fare good against armor and so on. Heck Corpus heads are now practically immune to anything but

peircing.

Actually i did. Before u11 i was pretty liberal with weapon choice but i would still laugh at a guy bringing mk1 braton to t3 def, now its powerful enough to clear it with ease. Cant agree with a guy saying that soma is effective against infested only and do any dmg only cause he put elemental mods on it. Actually tried tigris against grineer at 20-40 lvls and it did good enough even without elemental mods. DE wanted to remove dependency on AP/AI dmg and you wont see even 1 able minded person trying to mod these.

I see a lot of where you're coming from. Part of the issue is that the physical mods scale based on only the amount of damage the gun has in that pre-existing physical type. This is why pure-elemental weapons like the Lanka cannot use Piercing Hit- she has no piercing damage to amplify.

The easiest starting fix would be to make the mods work off of the base damage total rather than simply what you already have in that weapon category. After that, increasing the percentages to be on-par with their elemental counterparts (ie: all non-combo element damage mods go up to 90%) would be another good change.

The problem here is that because you cannot change the physical focus of a gun (a gun with a 10-10-100 spread won't even be effective at dealing two of the physical damage types even if you try to mod it in, literally forcing the gun to be bad against certain types of enemies regardless), you're basically stuck doing elemental builds. And even then, with the low special effect proc chances...

Corrosive is almost like the old AP- you're almost stupid to not run it, as only some light infested actually have resiliance against it (and not enough to actually matter).

Mind you, if you take this quality away from corrosive, suddenly the Lanka's trash again, but still...

Actually i did. Before u11 i was pretty liberal with weapon choice but i would still laugh at a guy bringing mk1 braton to t3 def, now its powerful enough to clear it with ease. Cant agree with a guy saying that soma is effective against infested only and do any dmg only cause he put elemental mods on it. Actually tried tigris against grineer at 20-40 lvls and it did good enough even without elemental mods. DE wanted to remove dependency on AP/AI dmg and you wont see even 1 able minded person trying to mod these.

He wasn't saying the gun itself was only effective against Infested. If you actually thought about why he was saying it, anyways.

The Soma does primarily slashing damage, which is the type that is best against Infested. The problem is, you can't go with the physical mods other than slashing as they scale to the specific physical type- which on the Soma, other than Slashing, is really really low.

He was not talking about how the guns actually perform, but how they are statistically designed, and how the new rps physical system is flawed in its implementation because elemental scales better- on top of not pidgeonholing itself against anyone due to spending some of its damage type in an element that isn't needed and/or is ineffective.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

you missed the point he tries to make a point about "choice" which weapon to use and not to use with damage 2.0.

His main point is that with damage 2.0 the rainbow builds are your mostly only option and also that this patch limits your free choice of

weaponry down to a few. He is not talking about DPS he is comparing guns and their current use against diffrent targets.

At least that is how i understood that vid.

You would be correct, Good Sir.