Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic Matchmaking

Melk_Hagelslag

Relic matchmaking is very unreliable and time consuming as you have to spend ages trying to recruit people through the chat. Sometimes there are connection issues or people don't respond to invites.

Would it be difficult to implement a auto matchmaking system where you put in what relic and refinement level you want, and it matches you with people with the same relic. I feel like this would benefit the game a lot and make it much more efficient to open specific relics. 

What do you guys think about this?

I wouldn't mind that as an option maybe. Oftentimes I just farm for prime junk so I reckon this matchmaking suggestion would make it harder to find other players running weird and unpopular relics (I still have a TON from back when you can buy void keys).

You don't realise how big of a player base running this missions you would need to have such a matchmaking working.

A few days after a prime access release there are already a lot less people looking for specific relics, and few weak later it's even worse. You'd just end up being alone most of the time if it's you are not looking for new relics the week they got released. And in general there are too many different relics to make some other random relics match. Either you wouldn't find anyone or you'd have to wait tens of minutes or hours even to find a matching squad. (And in general it's not something easy to implement at all, so it has to be worth it.)

Matchmaking isn't the solution. What you could dream of though. It would be something like an enhanced recruiting experience. For example with a place, like a board, where people tell what they are interested in and you can browse it with some kind of search engine and form squads with that new interface. Instead of scrolling through a never ending chat room.

• 1 month later...

Archived