Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Trade System Is Bad Right Now...

VoidPunch

So how the trading was implemented is not how it was promised. If I remember correctly, the devs said they didn't want this game to become a wanna buy wanna sell game or whatever they called it. In order to prevent this they said they would only have like for like. Rare mod for rare mod and what have you. The way they incorporated it is just bad, trading mods of any rarity, and platinum. Now the forums are just spammed with offers to buy and sell mods everywhere. This is exactly what they didn't want but they made it happen anyways...

people are pretty civil imo. Theres a chat box for it and it only happens in there. If this bothers you avoid chat box. This is only ever an issue where you see people all over town in an mmo saying selling gold for $9.99 per xxx. I sold a max serration for 500 plat and i had to pay 250k credit tax. This eliminates merching because if i use that plat to buy stuff for cheaper and sell it again, i'd be down so much credit its not feasable to merch

Edited by ForumSmurf

It actually isnt nearly as bad as you think it is. Its a good way for f2p players can make some plat, and people can trade for what they need if they are having bad luck in drops.

You're right on so many levels. In fact.. DE YOURE GENIUS!!! The guys with plat get suckered into buy high priced mods because they suck. And the f2p players can get rich without spending a dime.

They probably woke up and realized how much money they would make off of plat trading.

What we probably need are a separate sub-forum/chat channels. One for "buy/sell", and one for "trading".

omg yes. Selling your mods is easy right now. WTS > xxx rare.20 plat  you'll have a buyer fast. But its impossible to trade a mod for another one cause its flooded with plat selling.

omg yes. Selling your mods is easy right now. WTS > xxx rare.20 plat  you'll have a buyer fast. But its impossible to trade a mod for another one cause its flooded with plat selling.

Exactly. Nobody wants to trade when they can get plat, its just a buy/sell thing now..

Because plat has tangible benefits even it seems of pittance to Founders who in fact have too much plat to spend on (3.1k plat here still and I bought nearly all skins, all syadanas except the nekros one and all colors).

And plat can genuinely help F2p players.

One of the dudes I saw traded his QR thinking and Rage for about 80 plat and the first thing he bought was a scarf... Then a frame slot.

I would have to say there are many pros and cons to the trading system.

At the moment I do agree it is nice to give F2P players the ability to gain plat. Though I feel the way they are doing it is a little hectic. I feel the way trading is done could be improved. Maybe people could put up their items for a set price, or put it up for auction. And people could search for certain items they want in some sort of "trading" set up. Instead of players constantly copying and pasting their offers, we should keep things organized.

Although, what I don't want to see this game turn into is another "trading" based game. Like TF2 for example.

Edited by MetalThrust

I would have to say there are many pros and cons to the trading system.

At the moment I do agree it is nice to give F2P players the ability to gain plat. Though I feel the way they are doing it is a little hectic. I feel the way trading is done could be improved. Maybe people could put up their items for a set price, or put it up for auction. And people could search for certain items they want in some sort of "trading" set up. Instead of players constantly copying and pasting their offers, I think something like this would work better, instead of a trading tab.

Though what I don't want to see this game turn into is another "trading" based game. Like TF2 for example.

Isn't that the auction house system which effectively killed D3 ?

People are greedy. I keep seeing trades wanting a few hundred Platinum for mods, but others are easily obtainable, like unleveled Corrupted or rares for 10 - 30.

Only thing I hate, and am getting extremely sick of seeing, is people who are easily consumed and manipulated by greed asking for $50-$200+ worth of plat for a mod. 

Fixed.

Well DE should remove the void key pack now that you can get the same thing but with better keys for 5 platinum (1 plat each key) instead of 75. So not only is plat trading flawed, but key trading is ALSO flawed. And its likely mod trading is flawed to cuz you can trade any mod

Edited by Exit.

Only thing I hate, and am getting extremely sick of seeing, is people who are easily consumed and manipulated by greed asking for 50-200$+ worth of plat for a mod. 

It's understandable that people ask a whole lot for a maxed uncommon 10 or rare 10 mod which takes lots of cores/credits to max, but yeah, it's crazy how much some people are offering for Primed Chamber, Quick Thinking, Natural Talent, etc.