Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog days feedback

Cerikus

So this is the 5th time Dog days returned. Every year since 2019 I always 100% the event (that means buying at least one copy of each item I didn't own).

I looked at the Nakak shop and saw that to 100% the event this year I will have to spend like 2 hours playing that awful event.
This made me consider killing myself and I swear to god that is not a joke. Warframe usually keeps helping me with my depression, but Dog days do the opposite.

Please, let me buy the toys with platinum. Or at least let me buy like a 100 Nakak pearls for 50 plat or something.

I don't want to play the event, but I really want the floofs... Please.

3 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Oh, good, time to get that one then, it doesn't stand out too much unlike the one with the lifebuoy anyways so I don't see a reason for it to be gone come next event.

Thankfully I already have it from previous years. Hoping it will go well with my Hydroid fashion when the rework comes out.

DE have a tendency to cherrypick player feedback. When there is some kind of "vision" for certain content, I understand the decision, 

but Dog days IS A SEASONAL EVENT!

Does someone at DE have a "vision" that Dog days must be a tedious slog? Everybody hates Dog days, yet we still get it every year instead of GOOD events like Plague star.
(If there is someone who actually likes waiting 5 minutes for the timer to run out, please reply to this post and prove me wrong.)

It's baffling to me that DE are hell-bent on not adressing Dog days, but spend resources fixing "exploits" that make Dog days bearable.

Some of the "fixes" of "exploits" over the years:

Hiding on the buoy and waiting for the timer to run out.
Hiding in the armored vault with the beach ballon and waiting for the timer to run out.
Hiding on top of the tree and waiting for the time to run out.
Helminth weapon damage invigorations no longer applying.
Vigorous swap no longer applying.

The most ridiculus thing is that we had similar issue with Index, where you had to wait out the timer, becuase the way it worked was idiotic. That got fixed. 

DE, why is Dog days like this? Why is it on a timer? Why it can't be "kill 20 enemies to win"? Why do you hate people that would like to enjoy Dog days?

Its quite baffling actually. Cherry picking works in every game, what I find more disturbing is that they focused on this mode and instead of improving quality of life, they made it worse. If they had the capacity to grasp that dog days needed changing, they could have as well improved them, theres no excuse.

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

they made it worse

Every year it's made worse by some kind of shadow nerf or something. They remove a tree, put invisible wall in the armored vaults, change navmesh so enemies can follow you to the most ridiculus places and shoot you. The amount of work put into "fixing the exploits" is huge. And our dedication to find more should scream to DE that this event is garbage.

Literally DE: 20230905195148-1.jpg

No, DE, I never will. Fix the gamemode.

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Every year it's made worse by some kind of shadow nerf or something. They remove a tree, put invisible wall in the armored vaults, change navmesh so enemies can follow you to the most ridiculus places and shoot you. The amount of work put into "fixing the exploits" is huge. And our dedication to find more should scream to DE that this event is garbage.

Literally DE: 20230905195148-1.jpg

No, DE, I never will. Fix the gamemode.

Roflmao. This is much funnier than I thought it was. What the hell is going on? Last time I saw stuff like this, it was 5-10 years ago and I was playing an EA MMO game. The "good" old times when community told them to add feature X and they made huge announcement about adding feature Y that the players will have to pay for and stuff like that. The game didnt even survive it,

I've played Dog Days since it came out, I think. I looked at it a lot differently than most do though -- it WAS fun. Because of the roar of complaints and piss poor attitudes growing every year, this time around I only ran it a few times, bought what I wanted using the pearls I accumulated previously, and washed my hands of it. So, ya, I do believe everybody DOES hate it now.

2 minutes ago, Lucabaduka said:

The loblaws I mean blob bombs made it a lot easier, imo. It's not too hard to get 40 kills with them in a match, and you get a pearl for every kill so 100 pearls a match is totally doable. So you have a month to play 10-20 matches. Seems fine.

If you think I am complaining about time to farm the event, you have completely missed my point.
Even if it was 1 match to buy everything, it won't change the fact that the mission itself is awful and that DE are putting an effort every year to making it more unbearable.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I've played Dog Days since it came out, I think. I looked at it a lot differently than most do though -- it WAS fun.

Same and same.

You know when Dog days were the best? When the whole squad jumped on the buoy and just talked while laughing at the idiot grineer trying to find us. That was fun. It was 5 minutes of small talk. Now it's a toxic slog, where people actually hate eachother for stealing each others kills.

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

If you think I am complaining about time to farm the event, you have completely missed my point.
Even if it was 1 match to buy everything, it won't change the fact that the mission itself is awful and that DE are putting an effort every year to making it more unbearable.

You sure you're not taking this too seriously? It's a pretty casual, low-effort event that gets recycled because it's casual and low-effort to do. You don't get anything super meaningful out of the rewards and can skip it entirely if you truly hate it or believe DE is "hell-bent" on it being "awful".

5 minutes ago, Lucabaduka said:

You sure you're not taking this too seriously?

Yes, I am sure.

I have one question, if you can answer, I'll be glad:
If Dogdays is casual and low-effort event with nothing super meaningful and can be skipped entirely, why DE dedicate time and huge amount of effort to "fixing" exploits, removing unintended interactons, changing the map every year, removing spots where you can hide from enemies, etc. Why not just make it good?

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes, I am sure.

If Dogdays is casual and low-effort event with nothing super meaningful and can be skipped entirely, why DE dedicate time and huge amount of effort to "fixing" exploits, removing unintended interactons, changing the map every year, removing spots where you can hide from enemies, etc. Why not just make it good?

Huge amounts of time? I don't think we have any way of knowing how much development time DE allocates to anything. But altering map bounds and helmenth invigorations are not complex operations from a code perspective. The map hasn't fundamentally changed since it was made.

No idea why you think mods or invigorations should apply in a game mode where the basis is that everyone's spawns in at the same level and with the same capabilities anyway. It would be way more broken if that were the case, but I assume that's your real ask when you say "just make it good"?

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes, I am sure.

you're really asking why the developers want people to actually play the game instead of getting one kill and going AFK for 5 minutes. people are going to want to cheese this event no matter what changes they make, because that's how warframe players react when they're placed on a level playing field with everyone else where only their skill matters; they throw a tantrum, scream MUH POWER FANTASY!!! and balk at challenges a literal child could beat when their wuclone or win button spam is taken away from them

13 minutes ago, Lucabaduka said:

Huge amounts of time? I don't think we have any way of knowing how much development time DE allocates to anything.

If the event was good in the first place, all they would have to do was to just turn it on, but instead they rework it every year. Even if 5 people have to work on it for a couple of hours it's too much. It's as you said a "casual and low-effort event with nothing super meaningful and can be skipped entirely".

The map hasn't fundamentally changed since it was made.

They removed collision on several places, aded collision on other places, changed enemy pathing, added invisible walls and props. 
All of that to stop people from waiting 5 minutes.

Like I don't get how you can defend it.. People will do anything, so they can just wait 5 minutes, because it's better to watch a video on the 2nd monitor or check social media.
And DE instead of making the game mode fun, slap people's hands and "fix the exploits".

No idea why you think mods or invigorations should apply

Where did I say that? I don't however think that it needs to be fixed.. Who does it hurt? It only helps to make the even faster. Do you think game economy would break?
How... after all it's just a "casual and low-effort event with nothing super meaningful and can be skipped entirely".

6 minutes ago, Anemone.Antimony said:

you're really asking why the developers want people to actually play the game instead of getting one kill and going AFK for 5 minutes. people are going to want to cheese this event no matter what changes they make, because that's how warframe players react when they're placed on a level playing field with everyone else where only their skill matters; they throw a tantrum, scream MUH POWER FANTASY!!! and balk at challenges a literal child could beat when their wuclone or win button spam is taken away from them

Can you read? I am literally asking why are DE putting effort to block people from afking instead of making the gamemode good.
People wanting to afk and event or cheese it is a sign that the event is bad.
Do you see people AFK in Disruption? Do you see people AFK in Void flood? No.. because these are great gamemodes.
Let me ask you this: What if rules for Dog days were: "First team that gets 5 + 5*n (where n is number of players) kills, wins the match."
How many people would afk?

7 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Can you read? I am literally asking why are DE putting effort to block people from afking instead of making the gamemode good.
People wanting to afk and event or cheese it is a sign that the event is bad.
Do you see people AFK in Disruption? Do you see people AFK in Void flood? No.. because these are great gamemodes.
Let me ask you this: What if rules for Dog days were: "First team that gets 5 + 5*n (where n is number of players) kills, wins the match."
How many people would afk?

because taking 5 minutes to remove an object's collision or place an invisible wall is vastly less effort than reworking a silly casual gamemode that only rewards low effort cosmetics. if it was changed to need kills, the bonus pearls would go overwhelmingly to the best player with everyone else barely getting a chance to participate, and you'd still get people complaining that they're being 'forced' to play it because they can't go AFK anymore

8 minutes ago, Anemone.Antimony said:

because taking 5 minutes to remove an object's collision or place an invisible wall is vastly less effort than reworking a silly casual gamemode that only rewards low effort cosmetics. 

And you know that how? Maybe setting a different win condition also takes 5 minutes

if it was changed to need kills, the bonus pearls would go overwhelmingly to the best player with everyone else barely getting a chance to participate, and you'd still get people complaining that they're being 'forced' to play it because they can't go AFK anymore

Then remove the pearls per kill. Everyone will participate at 100% to make it as fast as possible and everyone wins together.

You are just grasping at straws to contradict me. I have 2 Yes/No questions for you, please answer:

Question 1:
Do you think farming Dog days is fun?

Question 2:
If it's your first time playing dogdays you need 8,996 pearls to buy everything. 
That's approx. 10 hours of nonstop playing Dog days.
Do you think that's fun?

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

Some of the "fixes" of "exploits" over the years:

Hiding on the buoy and waiting for the timer to run out.
Hiding in the armored vault with the beach ballon and waiting for the timer to run out.
Hiding on top of the tree and waiting for the time to run out.
Helminth weapon damage invigorations no longer applying.
Vigorous swap no longer applying.

As somebody who didn't want to afk, the first three items improved the game mode for me in co-op.

The last two items were simple bugfixes.  Yes I have a long list of bugs (in totally unrelated game modes) I'd rather they'd have fixed.  But pretty much the only kind of surprise I feel at DE fixing bugs is the "pleasant" kind.

As somebody who does enjoy the game mode... in small doses...the only substantial criticism of Dog Days I have is the amount of Pearls needed.  But since the rewards are heavily tilted toward cosmetics, I don't even feel that strongly about that.

I can think of ways to make Dog Days more engaging, but I think it's acceptable that a seasonal mode is lightweight.  I'd really rather DE put that energy into things we play year round.

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

As somebody who didn't want to afk, the first three items improved the game mode for me in co-op.

Yeah, because everyone was reporting people for afk and instead of fixing the event, DE found a solution how to force people to play what they don't want.

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

As somebody who enjoys the game mode in small doses, the only substantial criticism of Dog Days is the amount of Pearls needed.  But since the rewards are heavily tilted toward cosmetics, I don't even feel that strongly about that.

Approx. 10 hours to get one of each item, if you've never played Dog days. That's unacceptable. 

I am pretty sure that there is a thread somewhere around here that has like 72 pages and it's about cosmetics. So event being tilted towards cosmetics is not a defense.
DE count on players FOMO to farm the event even if they hate it to inflate player number during summer, when no one has a reason to play. It's a slog on purpose.

33 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

So event being tilted towards cosmetics is not a defense.

It wasn't a defense; it's just the way I feel about it.
edit

I am pretty sure that there is a thread somewhere around here that has like 72 pages and it's about cosmetics.

Well, that's leaving one or two important differences out, wouldn't you say? :P

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

And you know that how? Maybe setting a different win condition also takes 5 minutes

Qer0ams.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Then remove the pearls per kill. Everyone will participate at 100% to make it as fast as possible and everyone wins together.

the bonus pearls were literally added to reward active gameplay rather than going AFK, and people already give up on them to leech as is. you truly live in your own little fantasy world

23 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Do you think farming Dog days is fun?

did it even though I'll never use most of the rewards, so yeah

25 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

If it's your first time playing dogdays you need 8,996 pearls to buy everything. 
That's approx. 10 hours of nonstop playing Dog days.
Do you think thats fun?

you don't need every floof and ugly syandana to collect dust with, and you never miss out on anything because it comes back every year. if you don't want to farm it, just don't. you're making your own problems

the bonus pearls were literally added to reward active gameplay rather than going AFK, and people already give up on them to leech as is. you truly live in your own little fantasy world

As if I don't know that.
If the event was good and it rewarded efficiency, "please play our bad event, here are bonus pearls, don't afk, please" wouldn't be needed.

did it even though I'll never use most of the rewards, so yeah

I didn't ask, if you've played it. I asked if it was fun.

you don't need every floof and ugly syandana to collect dust with, and you never miss out on anything because it comes back every year. if you don't want to farm it, just don't. you're making your own problems

I didn't ask, if I need it or not. I asked, if it's in your opinion fun.

7 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

As if I don't know that.
If the event was good and it rewarded efficiency, "please play our bad event, here are bonus pearls, don't afk, please" wouldn't be needed.

I didn't ask, if you've played it. I asked if it was fun.

I didn't ask, if I need it or not. I asked, if it's in your opinion fun.

rdcUJwl.png

Archived