Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Transfer the UI-scrambling effect of magnetic status to radiation status

holdenagincourt

Enemy magnetic procs are pretty overloaded even after the changes to the amount of energy drained. Also, they're more common than ever. It's fine that they're high impact, but other statuses pale in comparison just due to the sheer number of discrete effects piled onto magnetic.

I think a good step towards evening out the statuses a bit would be moving the UI-scrambling effect from magnetic procs to radiation procs. The benefits of this are many:

1. It would slightly weaken magnetic, which is by far the highest-impact status effect against players.
  2. It would buff radiation, a proc that rarely has much impact.
  3. It would improve the clarity and feedback of the radiation status, informing players that they are irradiated and at risk of damaging other members of the cell or being damaged by the same in a more easily visible way than one of a dozen+ tiny icons in the top right of the screen.
  4. It would match a UI effect to radiation's gameplay impact. I.e. "my HUD is scrambled, so my warframe's no longer differentiating between friend and foe."
Edited by holdenagincourt
  • Like 3

Sounds Fair

now when I get Rad Proced and proceed to PKill everyone for the Luls.

I can use '"my hud was messed up, I'm not Purposely hunting players" as an excuse.

You know. they could take Radiation even farther than that, in addition to the HUD suggestions, actually scramble the in-game graphic models.

-you know how in Index that one guy clones the skins of Warframes? make it so that when Radiated, all the Grineer randomly swap skins with Squad and vice-versa. You could even have a scrambled lotus transmission giving you false directives, change of plans the VIP is a traitor, shoot him!

• Like 1

I like the idea in a way, Because it's thematic and rad status should be communicated much better to the player.  And Magnetic's HUD disruption is nothing if not obvious.  

But I think that can be better done without moving a visual effect that some players find outright annoying on to Rad.

As far as Magnetic goes, I don't find it too overloaded with player debuffs except maybe in one context:  Ancient Disruptors.  But that's more a problem with everything else they do than with the Magnetic procs they also inflict.

2 hours ago, holdenagincourt said:
  • It would slightly weaken magnetic, which is by far the highest-impact status effect against players.
  • It would buff radiation, a proc that rarely has much impact.

I'd consider Rad the highest impact proc.   I suppose maybe you're factoring in how common procs are.  But I'd consider the proc that can easily result in a mission failure to be higher impact, even if we don't encounter it as often as another proc that's common but basically just annoying.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1