Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Cries In Pain.

TrueSone

Come on, this new update is godly but is DE ever going to give Nekros his deserved buff? His stats and abilities are obviously not as good as some of the other frames, his lack of aura polarity and low shield doesn't help neither.

Honestly at this point I think we can just drop asking about his polarities; he's been around long enough that everyone who cares about him has invested a Forma or six in him.

That said, his stats and polarities have always been a point of contention for me for one very specific reason: He is Excalibur.

Yes, he's slightly squishier, and yes, he has slightly more speed- but in the grand scheme of things you probably won't notice the speed until you've modded him for it, and will definitely notice the lower shields when the firefight breaks out. All for what, the sake of a 666 gimmick?

Meanwhile, look hard at the stats and polarities of any other frame out there and tell me if any two look quite this similar. Generally the ones who have only two stat differences between them (like Trinity and Nyx) have very differing polarities to make up for it.

Not to mention bearing distance from the starting template (if you haven't figured out who that is, look at the background or play the tutorial again).

Their abilities differ, of course, but that's just it- Excalibur is the quintessential Melee frame. His polarities allow for both investment in his survival in closed-quarters and his damage output, his stats make him adaptable but not particularly great at anything.

Nekros very much has the abilities of a dedicated caster- an EXPENSIVE one at that! Sure, his abilities fit the same cost conventions of other Warframes, but Soul Punch has been effectively single-target for most of his existence (until Damage 2.0 made the splash damage remotely viable), while Terrify doubles-down on disadvantages (target limit, cooldown) putting it below the standards of both Chaos and Bastille, only really a viable alternative to Radial Blind for 150% of the cost. Bonus points for Shadows of the Dead being an equally effective CC for an even higher cost (as opposed to, I dunno, a legitimate means of delivering damage).

... and for all of this we get a frame who caps at 150 energy.

I've always felt that the design philosophy for Nekros was "well as long as he has Desecrate, he doesn't need good stats," which sounds fine on paper, but is also really lazy.

Sure, there are cases where building a frame's stats as a counterbalance to their abilities is necessary- if Valkyr had high shields rather than high armor, she could dispense tons of damage for only 5 energy, and Nova would just be unfair if her survival were up to par- but outright ignoring variation for the sake of one atrociously boring ability?

Because yes, whether or not you're comfortable with the existence of Desecrate, pressing 3 (at a precise moment) to dispense loot is boring. It's exactly the same reason why people rant about "Press 4 to Win" all the time, except in THAT case, you at least get a high kill count and flashy explosions. Try to entertain me, at least!

In conclusion, I signed up for a Necromancer who commands the dead and walks the blackened path of terror and desolation- not the most gimmick-ridden frame to date.

Edited by Archwizard

Nekros... is one of the best looking frames, is useful, to an extent, but hardly functional. You can make it work, yes, you can make any frame work, after all, the game is very gun centric, and the frames only bring powers as "extras". Those powers and stats also will help dictate your playstyle.

It's a frame I wish I had more reasons to use, other than squeezing dead bodies for more loot. Soul punch is easily outclassed by -any- gun, ulti is a cool idea but hardly useful. Sure, he doubles as support with all the red orbs... I just wish this frame was more -FUN-.

Nekros... is one of the best looking frames, is useful, to an extent, but hardly functional. You can make it work, yes, you can make any frame work, after all, the game is very gun centric, and the frames only bring powers as "extras". Those powers and stats also will help dictate your playstyle.

It's a frame I wish I had more reasons to use, other than squeezing dead bodies for more loot. Soul punch is easily outclassed by -any- gun, ulti is a cool idea but hardly useful. Sure, he doubles as support with all the red orbs... I just wish this frame was more -FUN-.

His looks is one of the major factor of why I main him, coupled with his awesome abillities, he is heaps fun. However, as mentioned above, Nekros is more like a gimmick frame if anything, not to mention the hard grind to get him, he is really underpowered compared to other frames. I really wna main Nekros but his laughable stats and gimmick abillities make me cringe.

What he really needs to be useful is a buff to 200 energy base, a buff to the amount of materials found by desecrate, a buff to the damage/function of soul punch, and most of all a buff to the AI on summoned units. They really need to be smarter, faster, and generally less lame than they are. They currently walk around slowly and try to shoot through walls. They need to rush enemies and at the very least soak damage, if not deal some of their own. 

Ideally soul punch would chalk up whatever it hits to the queue for SotD in addition to the damage and CC it provides. 

What he really needs to be useful is a buff to 200 energy base, a buff to the amount of materials found by desecrate, a buff to the damage/function of soul punch, and most of all a buff to the AI on summoned units. They really need to be smarter, faster, and generally less lame than they are. They currently walk around slowly and try to shoot through walls. They need to rush enemies and at the very least soak damage, if not deal some of their own. 

Ideally soul punch would chalk up whatever it hits to the queue for SotD in addition to the damage and CC it provides. 

Seems like a pretty viable fix to me...

To be honest, there's a nekros thread before me that has detail fixes Nekros needs, the suggestions made were also very well thought out, Too bad DE doesn't seem to care about about Warframe feedbacks despite how populated that thread was.

To be honest, there's a nekros thread before me that has detail fixes Nekros needs, the suggestions made were also very well thought out, Too bad DE doesn't seem to care about about Warframe feedbacks despite how populated that thread was.

Well we're still keeping the big thread alive, but smaller threads like this do add visibility. So it's all good.

The ultimate for Nekros should be a little bit more specialized and less similar to Nyx's chaos.

I know, the first big difference is that the enemies who are under the chaos effect can still target you, but the other advantage of Nyx's chaos is the number of targets it can affect, which is limited only by the radius of the cast.

I feel like Nekros's (is that grammatically correct?) shadow army, since they were dead at one point, have gained some sort of better combat knowledge by talking with the other deads, and because of that, they should be a strong elite squad of shadows (higher level than the ones you killed, and better AI for the love of god).

That would make slapping on Blind Rage and Focus worth it, since you won't be summoning 14 shadow dummies, and instead 14 things that can only appear in your nightmares.

Agreed, for the most part. 

Personally, at this point I'd rather see Desecrate scrapped for something else; making it better at finding materials will just relegate Nekros (regardless of the quality of his other abilitites) to a role as the 'farming frame', and in its current state it accomplishes jack S#&$.

Nekros trivializes the need for oxygen on high level survival missions. 

The rest should come from your gunplay. Terrify in itself is mildly useful, and summoned clones are basically distraction. He is not a damage frame though. 

I think a lot of people want to see Nekros get better at being the summoner frame he was marketed a being. Desecrate is wildly useful, but doesn't promote the kind of pet master gameplay I crave. I guess the problem is that Nekros has lost his narrative.

Edited by Charismo

200 base energy is a buff that he needs. Other than that, I'd say that if you could cast Terrify without waiting for all affected targets to be killed, that'd save the ability. Maybe replace Desecrate with a single-target debuff that also causes your SotD minions to move and target that enemy would make his summoning ability stronger.

200 base energy is a buff that he needs. Other than that, I'd say that if you could cast Terrify without waiting for all affected targets to be killed, that'd save the ability. Maybe replace Desecrate with a single-target debuff that also causes your SotD minions to move and target that enemy would make his summoning ability stronger.

I think a complete replacement of Desecrate would cause backlash, if only because that ability has been the frame's saving grace for a lot of people. Maybe move your idea for directing enemies over to Soul Punch would be a cleaner idea.

An energy pool fitting of a caster frame would help as well.

I think a complete replacement of Desecrate would cause backlash, if only because that ability has been the frame's saving grace for a lot of people. Maybe move your idea for directing enemies over to Soul Punch would be a cleaner idea.

An energy pool fitting of a caster frame would help as well.

This is a major complaint of mine when it comes to Nekros.

No one liked the idea of Desecrate. It was implemented despite the complaints.

No one liked the implementation of Desecrate. It was kept in the game anyway.

It became his saving grace due to survival missions and basically being a loot skill, whilst the rest of his skills and stats were and are, extremely sub-par. Because of this, Desecrate has become too widely used and sought after almost to be replaced now, despite the fact that he simply could have done with a better skill to start off with. 

This saddens me because desecrate is a gimmicky loot skill that no-one ever wanted in the game, but now has been in too long to be replaced. I only ever use Nekros for farming which is sad.

1. Soul punch needs AoE knockdown and debuff, reduce the damage if you must. He is a support frame, not a single target, high damage frame.

2. Terrify is now near useless in damage 2.0. Armour reduction is only effective against grineer, and the new elements have no need for armour reduction. I feel that this power was literally introduced to try and keep us going until damage 2.0. Now the debuff needs changing. Also when is it going to freeze nearby enemies like promised?

3. Desecrate is meh and should still be replaced with a more necromancer option. How about causing corpses to explode with viral damage? eating away at the health of those who stray too close to corpses?

4. Shadows needs to have AI buff, really they should be smarter. This is meant to be the bread and butter of a necro frame yet half the time, ranged units shoot at walls or just block doorways. I would also like to see shadows be effected by enemies buffs, so if you have a rhino and a volt on your team, suddenly your shadows can become super fast wrecking machines with a bit of teamwork.

my opinion after damage 2.0 there should be a warframe 2.0 rework 1 frame by one and set a max complet stat let say of 400 =rank 30 shield hp energy + def 

in that case means rhino for example 150 shield + 100 health + 100 energy + 150def= 400  so should be the stat all frames reach BUT may change the properties more health lesser def or more engery etc

oh and after this is done take rules that explain why a frame gets 1 lower or higher sprint speed :D

would may balance a bit

I would just like this to get bumped because he needs looking at jist as much as Valkyr.

Frankly, despite the number of threads and feedback suggestions upon his release, the fact that he has yet to recieve any sort of once-over makes me wonder if DE actually pay attention to the feedback section or just the threads that they create themselves.

I would just like this to get bumped because he needs looking at jist as much as Valkyr.

Frankly, despite the number of threads and feedback suggestions upon his release, the fact that he has yet to recieve any sort of once-over makes me wonder if DE actually pay attention to the feedback section or just the threads that they create themselves.

May be a good idea to make a post in the Hot Topic's thread that was posted today. I'm worried that because frames like Nekros, Nova, etc are newish, that we're not going to see them get looked at for a long time. I'm glad that Valkyr looks to be getting some work done on her. The other new frames didn't receive that kind of love, and I'm worried they won't for a long time (until they're stuck in the kinda rut Volt was.)

Edited by Charismo

May be a good idea to make a post in the Hot Topic's thread that was posted today. I'm worried that because frames like Nekros, Nova, etc are newish, that we're not going to see them get looked at for a long time. I'm glad that Valkyr looks to be getting some work done on her, but the other new frames did that receive that kind of love, and I'm worried they won't for a long time, until they're stuck in the kinda rut Volt was.

I made a fairly length post giving a brief overview of the frames I feel still could use some luvvin : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/138600-november-26th-community-hot-topics/page-2#entry1651101

If you feel I have missed anything vital, mention it and I will pop it in.

It seems like DE actually cares a lot about what its fanbase thinks, moreso than most any online game I've ever seen. It seems like everything that ends up bad in the game inevitably gets fixed. Sometimes it takes time, but Nekros isn't exactly an old frame yet. It's recently added. I mean, look at a classic case of "needs-an-adjustment"; Rhino. Took them a while to begin changes on it. My guess is brand new frames like Nekros and Valkyr aren't really at the top of the list of things that need changing. They'll get there pretty rapidly since most of the "big changes" seem to have happened and now they can concentrate on the smaller stuff.

Personally I foresee another big frame rebalance like the last one they did.

My guess is brand new frames like Nekros and Valkyr aren't really at the top of the list of things that need changing. They'll get there pretty rapidly since most of the "big changes" seem to have happened and now they can concentrate on the smaller stuff.

That's what worries me. Right now Valkyr needs some work; her Armor isn't effective due to the way Warframe armor scales now, among other pretty major things. But because she's new, does that mean it will take months to see any changes? That's been the case with Nekros. It's one thing to expect tweaks down the road, but when something is borderline broken, I'd rather see fixes sooner rather than later.

Edited by Charismo

That's what worries me. Right now Valkyr needs some work; her Armor isn't effective due to the way Warframe armor scales now, among other pretty major things. But because she's new, does that mean it will take months to see any changes? That's been the case with Nekros. It's one thing to expect tweaks down the road, but when something is borderline broken, I'd rather see fixes sooner rather than later.

Well, I personally actually think we'll see adjustments to frames that need it sooner than it happened last time. Remember all the biggest stuff they had planned is more or less done. The new damage system is out, the frames are all released, the tilesets are good and varied, and the PS4 stuff's taken care of. I think well see the tweaks more rapidly :)

Well, I personally actually think we'll see adjustments to frames that need it sooner than it happened last time. Remember all the biggest stuff they had planned is more or less done. The new damage system is out, the frames are all released, the tilesets are good and varied, and the PS4 stuff's taken care of. I think well see the tweaks more rapidly :)

Here's to that. I do feel that right now, tweaks to Damage 2.0 and Warframe tweaks should go hand in hand as they go forward, and I hope that's the route they take. We don't really need a massive overhaul of Warframes, they can start slow, and work from there based on feedback. I'd be very happy with that.