Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 years of Warframe and they still can't make a pure black energy color.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Imagine if you could set energy colors on each ability individually. Some frames would be much better with that. Just a few offhand examples:

• Nova would love it for Null Star
  • Mag would love it for the held version of Magnetize
  • Nyx would love it for Absorb (especially Assimilate)

With the black I run on my Nyx I can see really great when I have the panic room 4th active.

Pro tip:  Use Nyx's 4th in Durviri SP and choose speed buff for every decree, it's a helluva fun time moving like a normal warframe.

Warframe's energy effect is composed of particle sprites and/or meshes with an emissive, unlit shader.

Black in emissive shading means 0 = 'no light', therefore 'no olor' and 'more than white or red or blue or green (1)' means bloom effect is activated around those pixels. Relatively cheap to render.

To render black color on a particle effect, you need either modulate blending (multiplicative pixel overlay, which gives darkening, evil-ish look), and which can fail in certain visual conditions, or opaque shader, which can display color. These methods are way more costly to blend and render performance wise, especially opaque shading.

To sum up, you want an opaque shader (render RGB as black or any other color) with emissive shading (render any color) with depth-based blending, that is used on particle system - and it will absolutely kill the performance.

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 3